Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ask A Man Anything
Thumbs Up 
Obligatory.
keep you gay crap at Terminal Lance the ultimate gay marine site
[Image: b8f.gif][Image: SqelR6x.gif]
Well, we need a man to post in here to answer questions, not some horse.
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
how about a dog....a devil dog?!
Saru mo ki kara  ochiru
Ever since men have purchased flowers for a woman, has there ever been a time when he didn't expect sex?
Is it possible, at all, that a guy would buy them just to be nice? Or should I just assume that:   flowers = I want sex.
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
(03-02-2015, 09:59 PM)Taz Wrote: Ever since men have purchased flowers for a woman, has there ever been a time when he didn't expect sex?
Is it possible, at all, that a guy would buy them just to be nice? Or should I just assume that:   flowers = I want sex.

It depends on the guy. If it's a person like me who's confidence has been in the shitter for a decent amount of time, they'll awkwardly present you with flowers, give you an uncomfortable hug, and then shuffle away like an idiot.

Actually it depends on a lot of shit, like how old the guy/girl is, how active their sex life is, shit like that. So no flowers don't always mean that a guy wants some puss, random acts of kindness are a thing.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
Nah, flowers = thoughtfulness. Chocolate = sex
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-02-2015, 10:58 PM)Slinky Wizard Wrote: My wife complains about everything I get her. So I stopped buying clothes for her because they are not "fashionable". Flowers are always at the worst time. Chocolates are never from the most popular chocolatier at the moment. She lost the watch I got her, she doesn't wear bracelets or necklaces. Only earrings. I've been successful with those so far only.

Japanese people have expensive tastes. That is why I spend an exorbitant amount of money on nice things when special times come up without requesting anything for myself. So if there is anything negative to say it isn't my fault. Big Grin
Sorry guys, that's the problem with women, there is no easy answer for gifts. Each one is different and always will be. You have to dig deep. Examine what's important to her-I had to do the same with my mother. That's a good point of reference (just don't tell your wife!!!) Think about your gift process when you buy something for your mom.
This is why I hand my wife cash most of the time.

I know who her favorite jeweler is though so when the special times do come around she usually gets a new necklace and matching earrings or a bracelet.
Just a dumb grunt.
(03-02-2015, 11:56 PM)Slinky Wizard Wrote: It's always my fault.

We laugh off her mistakes.  Mine on the other hand.  And when I point out her faults she is quick to say "that's different..."

lol... same with mine. women dude.

I agree with Rambo, it takes work to find the right gift. I found I can save a hundred bucks or so the more "right" it is, but if not, I splurge.
Splurging. The default practice for the "OH FUCK WHAT DO I GET?!"

With my 10 year anniversary approaching this year I'm even more nervous about it than usual.
Just a dumb grunt.
Can you ask her what she wants without landing in the dog house Handi?
(03-03-2015, 10:11 AM)oldwinger Wrote: Can you ask her what she wants without landing in the dog house Handi?

It doesn't really land me in the dog house but asking gets me nowhere. I ask for lists of random items, told her to keep a pinterest, an amazon wishlist, etc etc.

She doesn't really do any of it and when she does note something it's usually something for the kids or a need, not a want.

I've resigned myself to just trying to plan some type of vacation since neither of us has had one in over 4 years.
Just a dumb grunt.
I feel for you. My wife is the biggest pain to shop for. We finally settled on her telling me what store and I get her a gift card for it.
A little story, Way back when for our first anniversary I got Mrs Winger a gold bracelet. When I gave it to her first thing out of her mouth was Ayoko (I don't like it) An all out argument followed with me throwing the damn thing in the trash and refusing to give her the receipt. Last time I ever bought her jewelry.......Yeah she can be a bit of a diva at times.
(03-03-2015, 12:44 PM)oldwinger Wrote: A little story, Way back when for our first anniversary I got Mrs Winger a gold bracelet. When I gave it to her first thing out of her mouth was Ayoko (I don't like it) An all out argument followed with me throwing the damn thing in the trash and refusing to give her the receipt. Last time I ever bought her jewelry.......Yeah she can be a bit of a diva at times.

She bitched about a gift? I would have said she was being disrespectful as fuck and told her she had no honor and should commit seppuku because she has forgotten the face of her father.
Saru mo ki kara  ochiru
Fucker stayed in the trash too. I never saw it again. That's why she gets gift cards.
This goes back to what Womlady had said, and it's the most common complaint women have about husbands -- you guys don't listen.
You tune her out when she prattles on about what she did with her friends  or her hobbies or generally anything  that interests  her. If you  listened to even half of the shit she talks about, when she's not complaining,  you'd know more of what she likes, and you'd always be able to pick out good gifts for her.
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
(03-02-2015, 09:59 PM)Taz Wrote: Ever since men have purchased flowers for a woman, has there ever been a time when he didn't expect sex?

Maybe for a funeral or something like that. 

In general, dudes buy flowers because they feel social pressure to (valentines day, birthdays, ect) or because they are looking to turn up the romance (penis-vagina interactions). 
(03-03-2015, 04:40 PM)Slinky Wizard Wrote: Gifts =/= penis-vagina interactions in this relationship. Only more yellings and complaints.

Wowsers.

Re: flowers; this civilian's wifey doesn't seem to get all gushy over me sending her flowers at work, but I used to sometimes after I'd been ruminating on her attributes and my deficiencies. I was thinking of her at the time, I had an impulse to send flowers, boom, done. No ulterior motives, just expressing appreciation in a way I thought a woman would squee over. No squeeing ensued. I didn't really expect anything but the paucity of reaction was kinda disappointing.
Yeah,...So?
Actually we're both a couple of hardheaded shits. It's taken a lot of work over the years to get by it and just accept that is how we are. We know each others tolerances enough to avoid any real brawls nowadays.
Why do men have no balls when they want to break something off? Instead they reduce contact over a period of time so that you will get the hint and thus end things for them. How about being a little upfront?
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

@MoMo, how big is your penis?

Describe it to me.

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
the more and nicer things you gift women, the more and nicer things they want
Saru mo ki kara  ochiru
(03-04-2015, 03:12 AM)maggie_h Wrote: Why do men have no balls when they want to break something off? Instead they reduce contact over a period of time so that you will get the hint and thus end things for them. How about being a little upfront?

Because you date stupid, scared men. The last time I hit my limit and made the move to end a relationship I had separation paperwork drawn up and signed within a week and had moved out of the house. The message was clear. These days I'm more hesitant due to my children and the fact that I'd likely never really get to see them again if I divorced the wife.

(03-03-2015, 04:24 PM)Taz Wrote: This goes back to what Womlady had said, and it's the most common complaint women have about husbands -- you guys don't listen.
You tune her out when she prattles on about what she did with her friends  or her hobbies or generally anything  that interests  her. If you  listened to even half of the shit she talks about, when she's not complaining,  you'd know more of what she likes, and you'd always be able to pick out good gifts for her.

Way to just generalize all of it. I have an entire notes section on my phone dedicated to shit she points out, talks about, shows she likes, jewelry she likes. Hell, I got super lucky on the jewelry because it's a very specific type from a very specific place made with very specific materials and, as far as I can tell, there is only one boutique in Bermuda that retails those items to the US. However, that being said, it still doesn't make trying to get her a gift any easier.

I like to think I keep pretty damned good notes on her but that doesn't change the fact that my notes are still relatively sparse due to the fact that she never conveys any open thoughts about what she likes or doesn't like unless she specifically knows we have the money for it, then it comes as a suggestion. Figuring out what to save for or put to the side to complete is next to fucking impossible, and not for a lack of listening.
Just a dumb grunt.