Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
The Gearhead Thread
(06-30-2017, 03:49 PM)MellyBelly Wrote: Perfect ride for a pog ass leg

POG? Sure, I'll conceed that. Leg? Best check yo self before you wreck yo self, son-

[Image: 260164_2091832263776_6798734_n.jpg?efg=e...e=5A08179C]
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

Just changed 16 plugs in my Ram....fuck that shit. Engineers who thought up playing hide and go seek with plugs are getting a ear full.
Vikings MC D37 Desert Racing
Desert Cycle Works 29 Palms
"Raising Grandchildren is Gods way of saying you shouldn't of had kids "
(07-01-2017, 01:29 PM)AKA_HITMAN Wrote: Just changed 16 plugs in my Ram....fuck that shit. Engineers who thought up playing hide and go seek with plugs are getting a ear full.

Lol. They're all the top side of the engine, aren't they? My 4.7 has the plugs on the top. Just one plug per cylinder but I know in later years they went to two plugs per cylinder. Removing the airbox that attaches to the intake manifold helps a BUNCH when you're trying to get the plugs out of a 4.7. And look on the bright side- twin plugs per cylinder means better power and fuel economy. In fact, pretty much every piston-driven aircraft engine has two plugs per cylinder. 
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

My mistake was not removing the plastic intake cover...spotted that on Youtube after a 5 hr.grind. Old plugs burning good...had a pretty good gap on them if you know what I mean.
Vikings MC D37 Desert Racing
Desert Cycle Works 29 Palms
"Raising Grandchildren is Gods way of saying you shouldn't of had kids "

That 17 y/o girl has some nice thigh gap.
If she'd grow some tits and put some make up on she'd be almost hot.
(07-01-2017, 08:58 AM)IamIan Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 03:49 PM)MellyBelly Wrote: Perfect ride for a pog ass leg

POG? Sure, I'll conceed that. Leg? Best check yo self before you wreck yo self, son-

Are you trying to look ghey or is looking ghey just a byproduct of being gay? 
Y'all are just jelly that you didn't get to go to airborne school even though you re-enlisted.

Why aren't your hands on your hips?
(07-03-2017, 09:08 AM)Broussard Wrote: Why aren't your hands on your hips?

Reserve 'chute deployment handle awareness, brah. Know how you keep your finger on the trigger guard of a weapon even though it's unloaded just because it's muscle memory? Same idea. Inside the aircraft, you ALWAYS keep one hand over the handle of your reserve 'chute and the other on your static line. That's because if that handle gets snagged on something and pulled, it'll deploy. (I have seen this happen but we were able to smother the 'chute.) If the 'chute finds air from an open door, that jumper is headed out the door whether they like it or not. And if there are any jumpers hooked into the overhead cable in the aircraft in front of that deployed reserve, they're headed out the door too whether THEY like it or not.

Took my wife's car to my friends mechanic shop and told him how Nissan is ripping off everyone on CVT fluid changes. He bought whatever kind of program or tool you're supposed to have to do them and charged me $150. Guess he's gonna start pushing it to his Nissan customers.
Win.
Did plugs on my truck today. Having the air box out of the way ( K&N intake system) helped a bit. Also tried my hand at indexing spark plugs. Basically, this involves marking the porcelain of the spark plug with a sharpie. Just draw a line that's in line with the opening of the gap on the plug and then install it. Some folks say install it with the gap facing the intake valve, others say with the gap facing the exhaust valve, still others say with the gap facing the squish area... The idea is still the same though- you want the gap/spark open to the air/fuel mixture instead of blocked by the ground strap. FWIW my combustion chamber design is a bit goofy so I installed my plugs with the gap facing between both valves. 

Added another one to the collection.  Picked this one up just north of Indiana University in Bloomington IN.  I took it through town and tried to melt some snowflakes.  

[Image: 22555497_10155197264330547_1163083042651...e=5A747454]
I remember seeing a General Lee when I was at IU. I wonder if yours is the same one!

It very well could be. As far as I know, there is only one more around. And I haven't seen that one in 10 years or more. How recently was that?
This would have been Fall 2013 or 2014, because I saw it on a game day. Probably was the car you own now, in that case. Neat!