Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
The Gearhead Thread
Meh. Next bike I get will be fuel injected, carbs aren't worth the hassle
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
But dat low idle potatoe potatoe sound doh...

I know. I will probably trade this one in on a fuelly in a few years. Only 15k miles on it right now though so I'm gonna wait a bit. My cam chain tensioners need changed too, which may be part of the stalling problem as well. Gonna put some hydraulic tensioners in and maybe change the cams while I'm in there. Any Harley guys have suggestions on aftermarket cams for an 06 Road King?
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
[Image: 28b514c44bcff4a9af1de00b0e77ae3b.jpg]

Who glues speakers to the mount? Oh, wait, BMDouchebags.

Finally redid my sound system. Added tweeters, and replaced the underseat subs and mids. Hooked them all to a 4 channel amp. Car sounds so much better.
(03-23-2015, 03:32 PM)Wrecker Wrote: [Image: 28b514c44bcff4a9af1de00b0e77ae3b.jpg]

Who glues speakers to the mount? Oh, wait, BMDouchebags.

Finally redid my sound system. Added tweeters, and replaced the underseat subs and mids. Hooked them all to a 4 channel amp. Car sounds so much better.

First world problems is thataway?>>>>>>> Yeah, but that is kinda weird/dumb.
Yeah,...So?
Who wants to buy my 2007 1200 Nightster?
Tired of moving it around the garage and never riding it. Shits got to go.
You'll regret it. I sold mine (same bike) and I miss it. Three bikes is too many though lol.
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
Part of the reason I don't like messing with German cars, they do lots of weird/dumb shit. Saw an Audi once that had the fuse box under the driver's seat. Me and probably two other people spent 10-15 minutes looking for an AC service port on an '80's Porsche. Found one no problem, couldn't find the other. That and the push-shifter reverse lock-out crap. That confused the Hell out of me first time I saw it. I've seen that on everything from an old VW bug to an Audi TT.
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

(03-24-2015, 06:43 AM)silverado_mick Wrote: You'll regret it. I sold mine (same bike) and I miss it. Three bikes is too many though lol.

I love riding. I love my bike. But I don't like dumbasses in their prius or giant truck lifted 12" actively trying to kill me everywhere I go.
I almost get in an accident everyday in my truck because of idiots that aparrently can't see a 7,000lb truck.
On my bike it is scary, all the roads close to me that I can jet around on after work are all really curvy and banked nicely, but covered in fucking gravel.

I'm still going to regret selling it. It really makes the corner of the garage look good. Lol.
[Image: IMG_20140608_192735383_HDR.jpg]
If I could pawn off my current bike... also, don't you drive a giant lifted truck?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-24-2015, 03:28 PM)npr Wrote: If I could pawn off my current bike...  also, don't you drive a giant lifted truck?

I drive a pretty big truck yes. But it isn't lifted, big tires though.
The difference is I'm not an 18 year old kid and I have a lot of seat time in a lot of different vehicles in a lot of different places.
I'm a pretty damn good driver.
Most people aren't. They're more concerned with Facebook and texting to pay attention.
I was just busting your redneck chops. Should've inserted a smiley, curse my stupidity
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
I know.

What kind of bike are you on now?
2004 Sportster 1200. To be honest, I'd like to upgrade to a touring bike, but now's not the right time. That said, looking forward to lots of riding tome this year, already got a few good days in
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
So some former marine officer left a 38' fifthwheeler toy hauler camper at my parents campground. Just fucking left it there.
$90,000 new, worth probably $50k.
Inside is trashed, like they left in 15 minutes and took only essentials. Strange but long story short it is abandoned on their property and are in the process of claiming it and everything inside.
Including a Buell 1125r and a Buell Ulysses xb12.
[Image: 08_1125R_R.jpg]

[Image: 198986705_2007BuellXB12XUlysses.jpg]

So I guess I may be fixing them up and beating the shit out of them on the parkway until we can sell them.
Kind of excited.
(03-22-2015, 03:57 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: But dat low idle potatoe potatoe sound doh...

I know. I will probably trade this one in on a fuelly in a few years. Only 15k miles on it right now though so I'm gonna wait a bit. My cam chain tensioners need changed too, which may be part of the stalling problem as well. Gonna put some hydraulic tensioners in and maybe change the cams while I'm in there. Any Harley guys have suggestions on aftermarket cams for an 06 Road King?
Can't remeber if my father had to do cam tensioners at around 15k or not on his 02' ultra but do know it was a major factor in him trading in with 31k on it for a new 14' this winter. but has about 3-400 miles on the new one after a trip to Daytona for bike week and already has an oil leak on it.
(03-24-2015, 05:28 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: So some former marine officer left a 38' fifthwheeler toy hauler camper at my parents campground. Just fucking left it there.
Inside is trashed, like they left in 15 minutes and took only essentials. Strange but long story short it is abandoned on their property and are in the process of claiming it and everything inside.

So I guess I may be fixing them up and beating the shit out of them on the parkway until we can sell them.
Kind of excited.
I would hold on to those bikes for awhile before selling them, might be worth a pretty penny in a few years in good condition.
"Butt Sweat"-"Smells Like Victory"
(03-24-2015, 09:23 PM)motor909 Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 03:57 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: But dat low idle potatoe potatoe sound doh...

Can't remeber if my father had to do cam tensioners at around 15k or not on his 02' ultra but do know it was a major factor in him trading in with 31k on it for a new 14' this winter. but has about 3-400 miles on the new one after a trip to Daytona for bike week and already has an oil leak on it.

(03-24-2015, 05:28 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: So some former marine officer left a 38' fifthwheeler toy hauler camper at my parents campground. Just fucking left it there.

Kind of excited.
I would hold on to those bikes for awhile before selling them, might be worth a pretty penny in a few years in good condition.
That's what I said. They just want rid of them though. We'll fix the little shit that is wrong, make sure they are in good working order and sell them. Someone will probably get a hell of a deal.
Shop space is limited.
Your plan should be: fix the little shit, KEEP ONE as commission for fixing the other and the trailer then selling them. Free bike, and it's a Buell? BONUS!
Yeah,...So?
Yeah right. Nothing is free. 
I wish. That Buell Ulysses is a sweet ride. Tons of hard bags, enough to pack a nice tent and a bunch of other stuff.
Well, Clarkson's been sacked:  

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc

Top Gear is dead. While I do not condone cracking a guy in the mouf, my question is, why did the 'victim' just cry and go to hospital instead of pelting the twat with a barrage of punches inna face?
Yeah,...So?
Aren't British guys a bunch of candy asses?
(03-25-2015, 04:59 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Aren't British guys a bunch of candy asses?

They're the ones that put 'stiff' and 'upper lip' in the same phrase, so...
Yeah,...So?
(03-25-2015, 02:01 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Yeah right. Nothing is free. 
I wish. That Buell Ulysses is a sweet ride. Tons of hard bags, enough to pack a nice tent and a bunch of other stuff.

hell if I wasn't stuck overseas you'd have a buyer for the Ulysses.
"Butt Sweat"-"Smells Like Victory"

wrong side of road and continues next to a copper. lol.

Kind of excited.

Very much interested in this machine. Anyone know if Harley still provides any parts support for Buell stuff? These models were the last well-engineered western bikes.

Located western U.S.? Want to relieve an old man of his excess bourgeois cash?
there is no safety in numbers. numbers do not lie.