Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Town Hall
[Image: 3rfekm.jpg]
hey max, do you think we could get a dark mode/theme going? would be easier on the eyes at night

If you have to exaggerate an opponent's ideas to win then you've already lost. - Meyer0331
(03-14-2016, 10:22 PM)Redworm Wrote: hey max, do you think we could get a dark mode/theme going? would be easier on the eyes at night

I second this
(04-27-2015, 02:29 AM)Handicap Wrote: On to something worth talking about:

Signature character limits. Can these be expanded? 255 characters wasn't even enough for two full sentences.

Twitter limit is 140, git gud

(07-14-2015, 02:44 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: In the long term, how long do you think the forum will exist?

I mean, say your life heads in a certain awesome direction and you arent doing TL comics anymore or not very often. Will the forum be alive in 20 years if you had it your way? Or when you are off living life, will the plug be pulled?

I mean it doesn't really cost much for me to keep it going, so it's not that big of a deal to keep it running as a sidebar thing. The bigger issue is am I around to do maintenance on it and keep it running. The user base on the forum has stayed pretty small, but it's a dedicated group and I don't want to just pull the plug on it for no reason.
(03-15-2016, 06:37 AM)life is killing me Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 10:22 PM)Redworm Wrote: hey max, do you think we could get a dark mode/theme going? would be easier on the eyes at night

I second this

The main site is currently going through another redesign, it might be something I can put some time into when that is done.
There is extensions available on Chrome that can do this easily. I'm pretty sure you can even set it to specific sites. I get bad photosensitive headaches so I use it pretty regularly.
Pretty easy to adjust your screen brightness, no?
Max, did you drop the idea of a TL mobile app?
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
(03-26-2016, 07:16 AM)LocomotiveBreath Wrote: Max, did you drop the idea of a TL mobile app?

It's just on a very long list of things to do.

The main site is currently being redesigned to be more mobile friendly anyway.
The comic and forum are easy enough to use on Iphone and Android. App seems unnecessary.
Tapatalk works just fine honestly, though it'd be cool to have an app that is dedicated to TL and forums. I mostly use the site on my work PC anyway, though.
(03-18-2016, 10:06 AM)Maximilian Wrote: The main site is currently going through another redesign, it might be something I can put some time into when that is done.

Many thanks. Are you sticking with myBB? If not I recommend looking at xenforo, lots of customization options.

(03-18-2016, 12:01 PM)Deja Entendu Wrote: There is extensions available on Chrome that can do this easily. I'm pretty sure you can even set it to specific sites. I get bad photosensitive headaches so I use it pretty regularly.

I've tried a couple but so far none have done a very good job, most sites just get inverted and that's not useful to me 

(03-25-2016, 05:34 PM)Broussard Wrote: Pretty easy to adjust your screen brightness, no?

ok well...no. not on a desktop, I have to change the brightness manually on the monitor or go into my video card settings. besides that would make it more difficult to read the dozens of others sites with dark themes

If you have to exaggerate an opponent's ideas to win then you've already lost. - Meyer0331
Max, what did we do to displease you so bad that you sold us to Russia?
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
(04-11-2017, 09:19 PM)Yossarian Wrote: Max, what did we do to displease you so bad that you sold us to Russia?

Just like that militarytimes article Max shared about Russia controlling the pictures of naked U.S. Troops, Russia now controls TL.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
Well hopefully he got well paid for it.
Thanks Obama!
(04-11-2017, 09:19 PM)Yossarian Wrote: Max, what did we do to displease you so bad that you sold us to Russia?

My guess is that since he's now a published author and has has a hot, but limey, brown model for a girlfriend, he longer cares. 
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

Can we get some new moderators around here since the only one left is MLRS and he's busy juggling massive life events?
Momo doesn't do anything besides lurk
Corvus ragequit because he had his feels hurt
Belt is trying to become a Kennedy
Salo is off impregnating starving Africans

In the meantime, we're flooded with Russian spammers and now fake ID/credential spam on top of the essay spam.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
I volunteer to also do absolutely nothing, unless I'm drinking and then I promise to abuse my powers.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
I at least hope they enjoy my report messages.
Thanks Obama!