Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Town Hall
Information 
I'm going to introduce a new thread into the mix. This is a thread for users to openly communicate with the mods and admins of the forum. If you have any questions or concerns about the forum, feel free to post them in here.

This is not a thread for asking the mods and admins personal questions or attacks, etc. If you have a question or concern relating specifically to the forum, post it here and one of us will try to answer it.

If you have a personal matter, you're always welcome to PM myself or a mod.
Is it possible for Music to get its own section instead of being merged with the artist section?
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
The only reason I got rid of it is because I just didn't think there was enough activity to warrant its own board. If you guys really want it, we can bring it back.
(03-02-2015, 01:19 PM)Cowy the fat fuck with man tits. Wrote: Musicians are called artisits for a reason turtle bitch.

[Image: best-comeback-ever_o_535089.jpg]

(03-02-2015, 01:26 PM)Maximilian Wrote: The only reason I got rid of it is because I just didn't think there was enough activity to warrant its own board. If you guys really want it, we can bring it back.

The books board had a lot less activity and that made it in. 
Got rid of the Book board and made "The Cafe," for all of your art, music and book needs (maybe even your favorite coffee).
I'm more than happy with that actually.
Only annoyance I have so far is I have to go back to the forums list to "mark all forums read"
(03-02-2015, 01:37 PM)Maximilian Wrote: Got rid of the Book board and made "The Cafe," for all of your art, music and book needs (maybe even your favorite coffee).
I'm really glad you decided to merge boards. I can't stand places that want a million boards for every little thing that are empty all the time.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
I agree with the merging of the boards. A separate forum for each special interest would just result in bloat and inactivity. One forum for books, music, and arts is fine. I actually expected TV/movies to be blended with all of that anyway. One forum for all forms of media, but hey, whatever works.

I'm also glad that the video game board got expanded to the more inclusive tech forum. The Platform thread didn't really belong in the Debate forum after the initial Windows vs. Mac debate had ran its course.

Are we going to eventually get a choice of different board themes? Just as I was getting used to transitioning to the last TL theme from the original red one, now I have an all-new theme. I'm terrified of change.

Also, when switching to the default board theme (the one with the blue headlines, which I prefer), it really jacks up the Bawks. The avatars appear huge, and make the Bawks pretty much unreadable, as well as the Forum Index jacked. IF this is fixable, I thought I'd let you know.
Do you have the information contained in some of the more popular threads archived? If you do is there any way to transfer that information to the new forum? I'm speaking specifically about the GI Bill, VA Benefits thread, and a few of the memorial/PTSD threads.

A lot of those either had fantastic info for us to reference or past messages we could glean comfort from or a place we just felt comfortable to talk and we wouldn't be bashed in.
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

[Image: octoCookie_zps30dh4gn8.jpg]
Right now, if you do a Google search for some of the threads you're looking for, Google has at least some of the info cached. That's how I just recovered my one and only relevant post. I searched my own username and a few keywords and there it was.
Can you re-implement shading for quotes so they are more easily differentiated?

(03-06-2015, 04:52 AM)damn03 Wrote: who cares about shadows?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Can we get some sort of max size limit on signatures? *looking at you, Wongtastic*
Signatures are now max 150px height.
(03-06-2015, 05:13 AM)Wongtastic Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 04:52 AM)damn03 Wrote: who cares about shadows?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

THE SHADOW KNOWS

(03-02-2015, 01:45 PM)oldwinger Wrote: Only annoyance I have so far is I have to go back to the forums list to "mark all forums read"

This.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
Is there any chance of introducing spoiler tags to these particular forums? It would really help to cut down on disruptive posting.
(03-09-2015, 10:47 PM)First Strike Deadly Wrote: Is there any chance of introducing spoiler tags to these particular forums? It would really help to cut down on disruptive posting.

Yeah that's something I've been meaning to get to.
So any word on shading for quotes? Is pretty useful in Tapatalk.

(03-10-2015, 04:17 AM)damn03 Wrote:
(03-09-2015, 10:47 PM)First Strike Deadly Wrote: Is there any chance of introducing spoiler tags to these particular forums?  It would really help to cut down on disruptive posting.
i know right? but for real, its not like i posted a wall of smileys and froze up the forum for members. how could you not see it as a little funny. jeez

I HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMMER
On the old board, one navigation feature I used all the time was at the top-right, called "See New Replies to Your Posts." It opened up a list of every thread you had posted in that had new posts you hadn't seen yet. It was really handy to use to keep track of the threads you were monitoring or active in.

I was wondering if we could get a feature like that for the navigation bar. Maybe "View all threads you've posted in"
Where is this alleged archive?

Sent from the border using cartels
[Image: emkTH.png]
CTRL+ALT+DELETE, TAB, ENTER, ENTER. My day is over.
Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.
(03-09-2015, 10:47 PM)First Strike Deadly Wrote: Is there any chance of introducing spoiler tags to these particular forums?  It would really help to cut down on disruptive posting.
i know right? but for real, its not like i posted a wall of smileys and froze up the forum for members. how could you not see it as a little funny. jeez

And then, the wall, started moving.
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-15-2015, 09:50 AM)npr Wrote:

And then, the wall, started moving.

That is awesome! Tracers are cool, too...
Yeah,...So?
Look, I just did the work for you!

http://mods.mybb.com/view/spoiler-bbcode