Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just joined the guard
(10-23-2016, 07:06 PM)Yossarian Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 07:02 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: They will also make you purchase  your own M9 holster, then they will demand you return it to them.

Shit, I had AD units try to make me do that in the creamcorn. 

Interesting. We aren't allowed to purchase our own gear, unless it is approved. Luckily, the lady in charge doesn't know what she's doing so you can just say they ordered it, then when it's time to turn in say it's your own.

I'm way too lazy/cheap to purchase my own stuff.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
(10-23-2016, 07:17 PM)NSFgirl Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 07:06 PM)Yossarian Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 07:02 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: They will also make you purchase  your own M9 holster, then they will demand you return it to them.

Shit, I had AD units try to make me do that in the creamcorn. 

Interesting. We aren't allowed to purchase our own gear, unless it is approved. Luckily, the lady in charge doesn't know what she's doing so you can just say they ordered it, then when it's time to turn in say it's your own.

I'm way too lazy/cheap to purchase my own stuff.

The old green M7 holsters on a duty belt suck balls. Folks would get a Serpa for maximum coolguy points and the custodians would try to say that that was the issued holster.
I've got one of the lefty thigh holsters w the belt clips and the rubber grippy thigh straps, while in 2d tracks a cockbag custodian who got sent to H&S from a line company awaiting medsep (dude can't lift anything, how the fuck is he supposed to work in an armory) tried to order me to deissue my personally owned holster because he didn't have a coolguy holster. Then when I checked out of 4th force their custodian tried to pull the same thing because I had the thigh holster on when I turned in the rest of the green gear.

Cockbag from tracks also stole at least a gross of Otis kits because we somehow ended up with excess and my CWO3 said "call the other armories and find a home for these" and he decided that since he wasn't getting medically retired for a bullshit injury, the creamcorn owed him.
Said cockbag also tried to run a charge sheet on me for UA because I went to the commissary to stock up on soft foods the same day I had my wisdom teeth out, right before everyone disappeared for christmas. He tried again because I had my blues prepped for when I pinned corporal when they weren't yet a required item for me to own.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
Friend at last command wore his own gear, when asked by an E6 'How come you get to wear your personal gear?' He responded with, "Because I'm better than you. Thats why."

I really have nothing. My time in the Navy has been a waste.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
Good Guy LAR issued me a Safariland holster for when I went to the pistol range, and never asked for it back. I guess it just pays to not be a shithead sometimes.
Phantomgrift: I enjoy minecraft as well as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
(10-24-2016, 01:17 PM)Horrible Wrote: Good Guy LAR issued me a Safariland holster for when I went to the pistol range, and never asked for it back.  I guess it just pays to not be a shithead sometimes.

3d LAR is full of fagmosexuals, dude probably just wanted your dick.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
(09-30-2016, 08:59 AM)oldwinger Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 07:25 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: Shoulda joined the peace corps CIS shit oppressor. 
Peace Corpse wont take Marines, They are mean and they yell at people. They do prefer college kids with unpolluted minds *hint*hint*

They'll take you if you're qualified, the only occupational thing that really bars you from Peace Corps is if you worked in intel.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
(10-24-2016, 01:49 PM)Yossarian Wrote:
(10-24-2016, 01:17 PM)Horrible Wrote: Good Guy LAR issued me a Safariland holster for when I went to the pistol range, and never asked for it back.  I guess it just pays to not be a shithead sometimes.

3d LAR is full of fagmosexuals, dude probably just wanted your dick.

A not-inaccurate statement.
Phantomgrift: I enjoy minecraft as well as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I swear to God if one more guy from the guard asks me "can you pass a PFT?" I'm going to freak the fuck out, like really? That's the standards for you guys? Being able to pass on a a shitty physical test?
motolicious
(10-24-2016, 07:49 PM)swab leader Wrote: I swear to God if one more guy from the guard asks me "can you pass a PFT?" I'm going to freak the fuck out, like really? That's the standards for you guys? Being able to pass on a a shitty physical test?

It's like the ONE metric they have to evaluate you on.
But it's not like you can bang out 20 pullups and seize your way through the crunches to walk the run and still have a 1st class.
Or fall off the bar at 5 pullups and be a green blur for same. (I never liked how that was stacked, it's a hell of a lot harder to shave 10 seconds off the run than it is to add a pullup)

You gotta score like 70% of your max on every event.
And the age brackets are like...every six months, so you never know what your max score is.
At least the creamcorn age brackets are like..."halfway to retirement...and then you get 100 pts for finishing the run."
Ehh, honestly its pretty damn easy, I just self diagnosed on an APFT and came in a 296/300 since my run time was 22 seconds over the maximum score, personally I blame the Chipoles buritto bowl I had for lunch. Hard to imagine someone not being able to pass the test, I mean, even 70 percent at pushup is only 49 pushups in 2 minutes and practically any Marine can drop and do that.

I need to calm the fuck down and check my privledge
motolicious
(10-24-2016, 08:10 PM)swab leader Wrote: Ehh, honestly its pretty damn easy, I just self diagnosed on an APFT and came in a 296/300 since my run time was 22 seconds over the maximum score, personally I blame the Chipoles buritto bowl I had for lunch.  Hard to imagine someone not being able to pass the test, I mean, even 70 percent at pushup is only 49 pushups in 2 minutes and practically any Marine can drop and do that.

I need to calm the fuck down and check my privledge

Until you're at a schoolhouse and attrition is the mission and you're bouncing off the deck and they say "not counted, you need to go lower."
Just got back from the guard acclerated OCS, wasn't that hard but it was definitely a mind fuck being treated like dirt again for 8 weeks. Unfortunately my fellow former Marines there didn't do too well, 5 of us started the course and 3 were dropped by end of 2nd week.........granted, one did graduate as as the top distinguished honor grad so that made up for , somewhat.

Oh, out of the 8-10 TACs there, 3 were former Marines, National Guard really is the retirement place for jarheads
motolicious
(03-25-2017, 09:38 AM)swab leader Wrote: Just got back from the guard accelerated OCS, wasn't that hard but it was definitely a mind fuck being treated like dirt again for 8 weeks. Unfortunately my fellow former Marines there didn't do too well, 5 of us started the course and 3 were dropped by end of 2nd week.........granted, one did graduate as as the top distinguished honor grad so that made up for , somewhat.

Oh, out of the 8-10 TACs there, 3 were former Marines, National Guard really is the retirement place for jarheads

There are more Marines in the National Guard than in the Marine Reserve (one less now that I retired - BTW, go AGR if you can, get your regular retirement at 20 years).  I was the Maint and Service Plt Leader at an armory in Arizona, and the Detachment Commander, Company Commander and Battalion Commander were all prior-enlisted USMC.  We had a detachment near Phoenix that was about 80% Marines that got out at Yuma.  
> guard
> OCS

lol
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠