Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL Master Chef/Cooking Crew
(08-12-2016, 09:53 PM)You didn\t? Wrote: It has yeast in it. Yeast is a living thing, and it takes time to work because it's eating carbohydrates and other sugars in the dough. That gradual reaction of the yeast with the yeast-food creates carbon dioxide bubbles and the bubbles make the dough rise.

Science! Big Grin

So the longer (I let it set) the better, right?
I think the "(referring to our preppers at Cici's Pizza when I worked there as a kid)" bit is telling us he knows, but he's joking.

When I was in the barracks in gtmo I had a stovetop, but no oven. I made homemade pizza in a pan on the stovetop. I was pretty proud of myself, people were asking how I did it. Basically, homemade pizza is the best.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
(08-12-2016, 10:01 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: I think the "(referring to our preppers at Cici's Pizza when I worked there as a kid)" bit is telling us he knows, but he's joking.

When I was in the barracks in gtmo I had a stovetop, but no oven. I made homemade pizza in a pan on the stovetop. I was pretty proud of myself, people were asking how I did it. Basically, homemade pizza is the best.

Respect.

I use to make homemade tortillas in the barracks and then cook all the meat and sides all in the same pan.  I have my whole platoon lined up out my door.  Good shit
(08-12-2016, 09:59 PM)notoriousfavi Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 09:53 PM)You didn\t? Wrote: It has yeast in it. Yeast is a living thing, and it takes time to work because it's eating carbohydrates and other sugars in the dough. That gradual reaction of the yeast with the yeast-food creates carbon dioxide bubbles and the bubbles make the dough rise.

Science! Big Grin

So the longer (I let it set) the better, right?

The longer you leave it (within limits...the yeast will EVENTUALLY run out of sugars to eat and start dying off) the more carbon dioxide it contains and the bigger it grows. The temperature and humidity it's kept at also affects the growth speed - a warm damp space fosters bacterial/fungal growth, and since yeast is a fungus...

Leave your ball of dough in a bowl, with a damp towel or clingwrap to keep it from drying out and in a comfortably warm space (like sitting on your kitchen or in the oven with the pilot light on and a pan of water underneath) to help the yeast grow. Wait long enough for it to have roughly doubled in size from where it began. A 1.5x to 2x increase is usually a good guideline.

Once it's gotten bigger, you tip it out, give it a very solid punch to knock any excess air out of it, roll it flat to the thickness you want, top it and cook it.

It also freezes very well; when I do it, I make a huge batch, proof it (the wait for the yeast) punch it...everything that comes before rolling it out, but instead of rolling it, I divide it into smaller balls big enough for one pizza and freeze it to use later.
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
Thought of my favourite Aussies as I was putting some shrimp on the barbie.

[Image: 13921142_10100826055636732_3176417148313...e=585B7A0F]
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
Photo 
did a steak and 2 pork chops last night on the smoker, but used it as a charcoal grill, left it wide open and eventually got it up to 350 F

steak from frozen was started with a brushing of sriracha sauce and dusted with salt, pork chops were given a mustard based BBQ sauce once they were almost done to caramelize as a glaze.

both were delicious.

Here is my rig:
[Image: IMG_20160902_184917_zpssyzcivra.jpg]" />

The finished product:

[Image: IMG_20160902_184930_zpsiogjm8gc.jpg]" />
Small Empires make little people feel big
Fuck, forgot to take pics of my Labor Day BBQ/NFL Draft

Had pulled pork  Undecided
Ever since seeing one of those California Dairy commercials or whatever with that woman eating what looked like the most delicious grilled cheese sandwiches ever invented, I decided that I wanted to make a grilled cheese just like that one.  I grew up on the whole grilled cheese with American cheese on generic wheat bread.  But it's amazing how much better grilled cheese sandwiches can be when you use good damn cheese and bread.  American cheese just isn't that good.

Use whatever high-quality bread you want.  I use California Goldminer Sourdough brand onion, sourdough, or rye for both flavor and size.  But those fancy craft/artisan breads in general are great options.  Just that I buy the Cali Sourdough brand as general bread anyway.  But you gotta keep it in the fridge, or it usually goes bad before a week.

As I've discovered, a good flavor blend of cheese that I use is colby jack and mozzarella.  I make a man-sized sandwich, so three slices of bread to make a double decker.  Each layer being solely one type of cheese.  Now THAT is a dinner that tastes damn good, and fills me the hell up.
(09-27-2016, 05:06 PM)First Strike Deadly Wrote: Ever since seeing one of those California Dairy commercials or whatever with that woman eating what looked like the most delicious grilled cheese sandwiches ever invented, I decided that I wanted to make a grilled cheese just like that one.  I grew up on the whole grilled cheese with American cheese on generic wheat bread.  But it's amazing how much better grilled cheese sandwiches can be when you use good damn cheese and bread.  American cheese just isn't that good.

Use whatever high-quality bread you want.  I use California Goldminer Sourdough brand onion, sourdough, or rye for both flavor and size.  But those fancy craft/artisan breads in general are great options.  Just that I buy the Cali Sourdough brand as general bread anyway.  But you gotta keep it in the fridge, or it usually goes bad before a week.

As I've discovered, a good flavor blend of cheese that I use is colby jack and mozzarella.  I make a man-sized sandwich, so three slices of bread to make a double decker.  Each layer being solely one type of cheese.  Now THAT is a dinner that tastes damn good, and fills me the hell up.

I'm partial to cheddar, thin sliced apple and (depending on which I find in the kitchen first) either a good grainy mustard or onion jam. It is glorious.

That then raises the question, what are people's go to options for the toasted sandwich in general? The humble toastie can do a LOT if you let it!
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Forgot about this thread. I've cooked so much shit in the past few weeks.

Will do a better job to remember.
Halloween is not a particularly big deal here...but I'm bored, so I'm going to make candy. Photos will be forthcoming.

Poor thing.
Chai tea, Turkey sausage egg and cheese burrito, and Jenny Fucking Webster.

[Image: f380b770829c09b4f2ade64fd4423a7f.jpg]

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

[Image: octoCookie_zps30dh4gn8.jpg]
Grilled chicken
minced garlic
Butter (Put the minced garlic in this, melted, then baste the chicken with it while cooking)
cheddar jack cheese
charcoal cooked bacon (just tastes better IMO)
1 tbsp. sour cream
chives (or chopped green onion, I don't know the difference because I am kitchen dumb)
long leaf romaine, 1-2 pieces

Cook em however you want and add them together and that's my choice burrito. Maybe drop a bit of teriyaki sauce on the chicken while it grills or marinate it before hand too.

I cook with chicken & garlic a lot because I always have plenty of both in the house. Less red meats since my gall bladder started acting up last year.
Just a dumb grunt.
So, here are samples of the results from my candy-a-thon.

I made some Turkish Delight.

[Image: h3EyDiv.jpg]

Dipped some coffee beans in dark chocolate.

[Image: rd1vWeu.jpg]

and made my personal favourite, garrapiñada - candied peanuts.

[Image: JKKMXNe.jpg]

Poor thing.
Well now, if this isn't a cool fuck up I don't know what is besides your's truly.
 What I call "Recon tater salad".
No, I wasn't Recon. I just callit that because my kids dig it.
Here we go.

Potatoes. I prefer Idaho Gold but whatever.
Onions.    I prefer sweet but any work. Make sure to remove the "core" Bitter sux.
Butter. Not much, just enough. No "margarine". That shit s one molecule from plastic.
Soy sauce.
Worcestershire sauce.
White pepper.

Quarter the taters.
Quarter the onions.
Add to the wok.
Water just to cover.
Yep, I said wok.
Steam partially covered until tender.
Drain and throw into a mixing bowl.
Add butter, white pepper and both "sauces".
Carefully fold all until you get the texture you desire.

Serve warm, with meat. And beer. Preferably sitting out doors by a nice fire.

I know it sounds loco but it's actually good.
V.A. Doc: How much beer do you drink? Me: All of it.
Chipotle seasoned chicken, celery, onions, tomatos, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, and almonds.

[Image: cfbe2133b67b7eb5224bbec7c03458a7.jpg]
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

Making tacos al pastor tonight for the first time ever. Hopefully it comes out well
lol you fucking wetback

#FREEHCT

Not bad for my first time.  I honestly thought I would do worse.  It sucks not having a grill anymore.  The good news is my tortillas de maiz are way better.  Glad I learned.
It was delicious though, and my roommate enjoyed them.  Next time, I need to have some salsa already made and ready.  

[Image: wLqtWPp.jpg]
I hope you used lard this time.
nah. these are maiz. Lard is for harina
I think no matter what tortillas they are, lard is required.
(11-06-2016, 11:03 PM)CPD Wrote: I think no matter what tortillas they are, lard is required.
That's because you're a stupid bitch.

#FREEHCT

Go play hide and go fuck yourself after you get beat by your angry dyke girlfriend.
LOL. Go Google some more insults. You've been using the same busted shit since you got here.

#FREEHCT