Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL Christmas 2015 Check-In
So how's it been?

Where'd you go? Any fun drama? What'd you eat? What did Santa* bring?

*your mum

Christmas lunch half naked is pretty much the best
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a lot of bitching.<br /><br />- The Tao of Wombat
I sat a 12 hour watch yesterday. I'm sitting one today, and I'll sit another one tomorrow.

DIRNSA confirmed for grinch.

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
My kids woke us up at 0630. We are making them wait, while we get coffee and do our morning routine. It's so fun to watch them squirm while staring at their presents.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
(10-03-2014, 09:51 AM)austinjking pid=' Wrote:<br />About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore<br />
Oh man you are evil.

My brother and I had an understanding with my parents. If we woke up super early we could go and grab our stockings and whatever other gifts Santa had brought and that would keep us occupied until the parents had time to get up and have coffee. My folks tended to get us huge awesome lego sets as Santa gifts so we'd be busy building and playing with those until it was time to open up everything else.

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
(12-25-2015, 04:56 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: Oh man you are evil.

My brother and I had an understanding with my parents. If we woke up super early we could go and grab our stockings and whatever other gifts Santa had brought and that would keep us occupied until the parents had time to get up and have coffee. My folks tended to get us huge awesome lego sets as Santa gifts so we'd be busy building and playing with those until it was time to open up everything else.

Nah, I'm with Rerun. We don't "do" Santa, so - apart from ONE gift each on Christmas Eve when Herself got back from mass with the family - they had to wait.

It's fun as shit to watch them on tenterhooks. Big Grin
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a lot of bitching.<br /><br />- The Tao of Wombat
(12-25-2015, 04:26 AM)Rerun0369 Wrote: My kids woke us up at 0630. We are making them wait, while we get coffee and do our morning routine. It's so fun to watch them squirm while staring at their presents.

And that's what I miss most now that my girls are grown. I'll be loading the truck up and we are hauling it all over to the big ones place and do the family thing there. If I behave I will probably get fed.
My 3 little ones are with their mom thismorning per the court order but when they get home the hulls are bursting with swag.
 I was able to really hook them up this year and we were able to get stuff for some of the kids around here that are not so fortunate so I feel pretty good this year. Seeing a kid get something they wanted but in no way expected gets me in the feels every time.
My 10 and 8 yr old are gonna shit when they open their custom made tomahawks and my little girl got an antique, shell inlaid
box that my Grand Pop brought back from Korea in the 50s. With shiny stuff to put in it.
My 9 year old got hooked up, but he has been amazing all year, so he earned it. He has been saving his allowance diligently to buy a WiiU, so we went ahead and bought it for him.

(10-03-2014, 09:51 AM)austinjking pid=' Wrote:<br />About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore<br />
My family celebrates Christmas despite our Jewish background due to the familial get-together aspect. I'm at my Mom's house and we have a tiny Christmas tree with gifts under it.

I hope my nephew likes the toy binoculars I got him.

Oh, and this is my favorite Christmas song:

Wesley Willis was a outsider musician suffered paranoid schizophrenia. He referred to his psychotic episodes as "hell rides", and called rock and roll his "joy ride music". Enjoy the joy ride.
I'm at my girlfriends house, drinking a mimosa and playing with a drone right now.  This shit is so cool
“Where we have reasons for what we believe, we have no need of faith; where we have no reasons, we have lost both our connection to the world and to one another.” <br />― Sam Harris
Working. Girlfriend is on call. We're having Christmas some other day.
Starve the ego; feed the soul.
What did everyone get?

Here's the breakout for me

Mom/Stepdad: a crossbow and snacks
[Image: 513uIC1G0RL._SY355_.jpg]

Mom's family: the DVD box set of the BBC show Blackadder, a beginner's guide to woodcarving, a couple of books by a Recon Marine turned author that I've heard good things about (one is about a dude hunting paranormal critters, the other is about a PMC doing operator things), a book about the Imperial Japanese Army, and a book about Ghenghis Khan

Dad/stepmom: 100$ for Amazon.com, which I immediately spent on wargaming miniatures and a book about building a scout-style rifle on a budget.

Drank too much Rum last night and got attacked at 0600 by Mini me and his sissy. Got him a WiiU and r/c cars. I got a craft whiskey and a vest jacket. Ms. Hitman got a new house. Life is good.
Vikings MC D37 Desert Racing
Desert Cycle Works 29 Palms
"Raising Grandchildren is Gods way of saying you shouldn't of had kids "
(12-25-2015, 04:56 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: Oh man you are evil.

My little brothers and I would conduct little recon missions to under the tree while my Dad slept on the couch in the same room. One time I got a bike (yeah, a 26" Schwinn Panther instead of a 20" stingray Dodgy ) and I saw a button on the bars that I thought was for the light. It was the horn, and we booked it out of there in a fuckin panic. Dad just snorted and repositioned himself, not quite rolling over. Funtimes.

Another time I told 'Santa' that I wanted a huge fukin model set of the Apollo spacecraft and Lunar Module. Went snoopin and poopin looking for presents, found that model set two weeks before Christmas. By the time I got to open it my enthusiasm had waned so I had to make a big show about being 'surprised'. Never, ever went snoopin on Christmas gifts again.
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
(12-25-2015, 07:55 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: What did everyone get?

Here's the breakout for me

Mom/Stepdad: a crossbow and snacks
[Image: 513uIC1G0RL._SY355_.jpg]

Mom's family: the DVD box set of the BBC show Blackadder, a beginner's guide to woodcarving, a couple of books by a Recon Marine turned author that I've heard good things about (one is about a dude hunting paranormal critters, the other is about a PMC doing operator things), a book about the Imperial Japanese Army, and a book about Ghenghis Khan

Dad/stepmom: 100$ for Amazon.com, which I immediately spent on wargaming miniatures and a book about building a scout-style rifle on a budget.

Me
- remote control chopper. Still can't fly it worth a fuck.
- new rash vest
- Post lunch sex when everyone was meant to be food coma
- Ermagerd berks. Pillars of the Earth, Sophie's World, Girt (history of Australia), the Thing Explainer and In The Trenches of Hell
- Big box o' lollies

Her
- Sheet music - Goldberg Variations, I'm awesome
- Bunch of those wee metal brain teaser logic puzzles so she's got something to do with her hands
- Seeds for the garden
- new knife roll
- giant toblerone - "I bet it's a bottle of wine!"
- Ermagerd not books yet but will be; she's been promised a copy of Gentleman Jole when it comes out, and her sister gave her the complete Lovecraft for now.

Boys
- All the toys IN THE WORLD. Smash hits so far are the body boards, the plaster dinosaur figures that you paint/colour and the ant farm which they haven't been allowed to start yet because we have to fly home and it's full of fucking wandering critters
I got a good bunch of practical shit, sweater, wool socks, new GPS and got fed. Also took care of a list of daddy-dos in her apartment.
Took a nap and watched Ralphie shoot his eye out again.
Missus and I are going to get a new bed. That is our gift to each other.

I got, 1 hangover from christmas eve, 2.5 pay for working, and 10 hours of working.

I just got a lot of gift cards and such, makes it easier since none of my family lives near me anymore.
Quote:Maximilian: At this moment Elk is the coolest
[Image: 0h5rleB.jpg]

What a horrible Christmas!
Phantomgrift: I enjoy minecraft as well as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Me and the lady hung out with Tiki yesterday, since we're in town with her parents. Bought myself a few knives and a few books for Christmas. Steam sale is cool too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
did Christmas Eve at my brothers last night. His girls (10, 6, and 2) were wound up tighter than a $3 watch. I got the two oldest pop-guns from Cabelas because I'm evil like that. The youngest got a stuffed pink tiger and seemed to like it. Bought myself two presents. A S&W M&P 15, and a impulse buy Springfield MIL-SPEC 1911. Oh, and I got the usual guilt tripping text from my mom, which explains why I haven't spoken to her since 08. Dodgy
Just got to my away from home terminal. Wife had made plans with a couple we are friends with that have 4 kids. I'm not a real big kid person, and they weren't going to be ready to eat before I got called. So I took our German Shepherd over so she could terroize their dog, wished them a merry Christmas and got the fuck out of there.

I'll celebrate Christmas when I'm good and goddamn ready.
(12-25-2015, 05:31 PM)Coal Dragger Wrote: Just got to my away from home terminal. Wife had made plans with a couple we are friends with that have 4 kids. I'm not a real big kid person, and they weren't going to be ready to eat before I got called. So I took our German Shepherd over so she could terroize their dog, wished them a merry Christmas and got the fuck out of there.

Well aren't you all sorts of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Merry Christmas TL.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(12-25-2015, 05:48 PM)Rerun0369 Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 05:31 PM)Coal Dragger Wrote: Just got to my away from home terminal. Wife had made plans with a couple we are friends with that have 4 kids. I'm not a real big kid person, and they weren't going to be ready to eat before I got called. So I took our German Shepherd over so she could terroize their dog, wished them a merry Christmas and got the fuck out of there.

Well aren't you all sorts of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fukin railroaders are a very specific kind of angry.
Yeah,...So?