Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Marine who joined the National Guard anything
(10-02-2016, 07:49 PM)B4L Wrote: Hows the meps process work? Just coming off usmc recruiting, i would laugh someone out of the office if they had a medical record like mine.

Does it only matter if you are off AD or do you have to do meps anyways?

If you're off contract you'll go through meps again.
If you're creamcorn IRR you're not off contract.
But if you're IRR you need a conditional release to do anything anyway.

If you're trying to reenlist NG from terminal leave you could probably get it treated like a re-enlistment physical at the nearest MTF. But that sounds like it makes too much sense, so refer to line one.

Just think of all the adventures you can have at meps the second time around, as you shit all over the cumstains that try to measure dicks at meps with "I'm doing the SF challenge contact!" or "I'm gonna be a SEAL!" or the inevitable "yeah I'm actually here to commission, they found me on Call of Duty and I'm coming in as a major." kid.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
I wont have any IRR time left at all.
(10-02-2016, 07:49 PM)B4L Wrote: Hows the meps process work? Just coming off usmc recruiting, i would laugh someone out of the office if they had a medical record like mine.

Does it only matter if you are off AD or do you have to do meps anyways?

I had to do the whole MEPS process over again just like I was a new enlistee because something was fucked up in my record, I never really understood it. Either a missing page, or the army uses a different form.

The thing that really sucked for was they changed the requirements for astigmatism so when I enlisted in 2010, I didn't need a waiver, but fast forward to 2016 and my astigmatism required a waiver so despite serving on active duty for 5 years, qualifying as an expert, the old fuck at MEPs told me I wasn't medically qualified. So I had to wait another week for a waiver, which unfortunately pushed me back a month for getting going on the tri-care reserve select insurance. 

It was funny at MEPS though since the staff there were all trying to be hard asses and intimidate the applicants and what not, saying if they look the wrong way they'll get kicked out of MEPS.  I wanted to laugh, but I also wanted to get out of there with the minimum amount of bullshit so I just played along. 
The other day it dawned on me that Katy Perry did more cool Marine stuff in a three minute long video than I will in my whole career
[Image: 4d5857d885b3900ae288c340bde750bf.jpg]

[Image: 46444d383a2db28473ceb182ddfc8389.jpg]

Smile
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Every Marine has a rifle, man.
Are you still in Sodak? If you go behind Mount Rushmore, you can see their asses.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
Can you join the guard as a non-obligor and just walk away at any time you want like how IRR dudes can courtesy drill and dip the fuck out the second they're tired of it?

Sent from fuck you using my fuck you.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
Yes I am, and Scrot, not 100% sure. That's a recruiter question.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Every Marine has a rifle, man.
(11-30-2016, 08:38 PM)Semper Scrotus Wrote: Can you join the guard as a non-obligor and just walk away at any time you want like how IRR dudes can courtesy drill and dip the fuck out the second they're tired of it?

Everything I have read and heard points to no... including from recruiters in a couple different states. Im hoping to do WOFT but need to be enlisted to drop my packet. For obvious reasons I would love to limit my liability if I don't get picked up to fly, but it looks like that may not be possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
(11-30-2016, 08:38 PM)Semper Scrotus Wrote: Can you join the guard as a non-obligor and just walk away at any time you want like how IRR dudes can courtesy drill and dip the fuck out the second they're tired of it?

There used to be a 'Try One' program where you could do one year coming off Active Duty.  Not sure if it is still available - ask for it, not sure they'll tell you if they don't have to.

If you sign up for a regular enlistment, it is treated as any other contract, but the States vary on how well it's enforced.  Some will have you AWOL and send the Sheriff around to pick you up and you get to spend your drill time in the local pokey.  Others will just write you off, but you'll end up with 'bad paper'.

http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rcoe_guard,00.html
Trial Programs
Both the Army and Air National Guard offer the “Try-One” enlistment option to active duty veterans and all prior service individuals who are joining or rejoining the Guard for the first time.
Marine Air winger here, easing in a few months after 4 years, but plan on the reserves. I want to go Arty, the whole air wing thing has never really worked for me. Should I go ARNG or Marine Reserves? I like the disaster relief aspect of the reserves, and I like mentoring the younglings.
NG will be called up faster than reserves for disaster relief as they're owned by the governor.
Unless you've served 8 years, you still have irr time. You'd need a conditional release to go guard. Or you can find a creamcorn reserve arty unit, and do a few drills with them and see if it's a good fit. Affiliate with the unit and you can drill out your irr time as a non-obligor, or you can accept orders to the schoolhouse and obligate yourself to the unit.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters