Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Marine who joined the National Guard anything
(03-03-2015, 06:22 PM)Broseph Wrote:
(03-03-2015, 06:09 PM)npr Wrote: Who were you with?  Also, that whole unit...  just disgusting.  Not even from a military viewpoint either.

4th CAG.  You know me man.  You just never text me when drill comes around because you're afraid of beer  Tongue 

Ah. You should come back... dooo itttt...

Field drills coming up. Want to bring beer to Camp Upshur in Quantico?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-03-2015, 07:49 PM)npr Wrote:
(03-03-2015, 06:09 PM)npr Wrote: Who were you with?  Also, that whole unit...  just disgusting.  Not even from a military viewpoint either.

4th CAG.  You know me man.  You just never text me when drill comes around because you're afraid of beer   

Ah. You should come back... dooo itttt...

Field drills coming up. Want to bring beer to Camp Upshur in Quantico?
Camp Upshur...fuck that place. Although, I hear they've made some renovations since the last time I was there.
Copecwby20 [07|Jun 08:43 AM]: it's just as spontaneous if they gal says "Hey, go run your dick under the faucet, I'm about to blow the shit out of you"

4th CAG.  You know me man.  You just never text me when drill comes around because you're afraid of beer   
In Hialeah?
(03-04-2015, 07:29 AM)austinjking Wrote:

In Hialeah?
My bad.  Meant 2nd.
4th CAG used to be in DC AJK. Got some friends down in Hialeah that I went through the schoolhouse with
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
I got a call from the prior service recruiter asking if I wanted to come back, but I'm undecided.  Looking at the National Guard or Navy Reserve first.
What was your old MOS? What do you want to do?
Yossarian [29|May 02:16 AM]: LITTLE BEAR IS THE BEST DOG EVER<br />Aaryq: There have been more than one day that I show up for work and can't tell if I'm still drunk or just hung over.
(03-04-2015, 07:55 AM)npr Wrote: 4th CAG used to be in DC AJK. Got some friends down in Hialeah that I went through the schoolhouse with
Gotcha. One of my buddies was there for two years, said CAG was shit compared to TOWs and shittier than the old MALS
(03-03-2015, 07:56 PM)ConKeeper Wrote:
(03-03-2015, 07:49 PM)npr Wrote:

Ah.  You should come back...  dooo itttt...  

Field drills coming up.  Want to bring beer to Camp Upshur in Quantico?
Camp Upshur...fuck that place. Although, I hear they've made some renovations since the last time I was there.

They did a lot of renovations and it's not "terrible" anymore but still 30 minutes from anything else on the base.  There's a small PX out there that's manned when a unit is there for training.
(03-03-2015, 06:29 PM)Deja Entendu Wrote: The best part about the guard is the promotions are laughably easy to get for a lot of MOSes. There's no testing, there's no board. If a slot pops up and its your time you get it. If I stayed in my old MOS and went in the National Guard I would be an E-6 by now instead of an E-4 dicking around with board bullshit. (Again)

Except Special Forces, the standards are still rigorous as fuck.
I don't mind Upshur, I mean it's got Quonsets. I'm used to sleeping under the stars. Actually, Upshur is a little too nice for my tastes, but whatever. Wish I had better cell reception there.

Will second the rank/billet stupidity about the Guard. My friend (Active Army -> Reserve -> Guard) had to take a demotion for some time when he joined the Guard.
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
37F or 38B. Duh
(03-04-2015, 05:48 PM)Deja Entendu Wrote: 37F or 38B. Duh

Psyops/Civil Affairs
Don't do it...
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Do something 35 series.
I would if you want to get into mil intel for corporations. I've known dudes that were reservists and got jobs simply based off of one deployment they did. Obviously being reserves will possibly put a damper on getting experience but that can go for any job in the reserves.
(03-09-2015, 03:19 PM)damn03 Wrote: would you intel guys really recommend reserve intel? no offense, huss
Fuck to the no.

All Intel reservists have are accounts that dont fucking work.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
Accounts are for homos. Do it for the clearance noballs
0341 turned 15T checking in.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Every Marine has a rifle, man.
(03-09-2015, 08:44 PM)damn03 Wrote: woohoo! wheres that sizzlin bacon at?

When I get off my ass and onto a PC you shall have your glorious porcine visual delights.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Every Marine has a rifle, man.
Damn, Damn...that really sucks.
[Image: 11077860_10155553625630019_2529702001228...4db11bd3f7]

But really, that sucks. But it figures. Need to grab someone up and throttle the fuck out of them? I'll stand watch for ya.
Yeah,...So?
This is what the request mast process is for, motherfucker.
MARCORPROMAN paragraphs 3601/3602

http://www.newriver.marines.mil/Portals/17/Documents/MCO%20P1400.32D.pdf

Your papertrail with your chain should cover "due diligence" in correcting those errors.

Why the fuck is some shitbag 2d award lcpl who got out four years ago schooling a sergeant chasing a rocker on his own promotion?
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
Seriously, no one will ever care about your promotion as much as you. Now it's time to show how much you care. Make some noise over the issue. If you were failed at multiple levels there is a process to reconcile it. Just saying "fuck it I'll EAS in 1.5 years!" makes it look like you really don't give a shit.
Dude, just get out. Youve gotten dicked so much during your career and now you want to head over to the guard for even more? Mmmm yes *slurp* gimme that fat guard cock *choke*