Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Ask a Recruiter anything
Say a person cut their wrist [purposely], went to the hospital, and had "suicide attempt" written in their medical record; they then go for a follow up appointment and the medical record was changed to "Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct." Is this a dis-qualifier for enlistment? It happened two years ago BTW according to the dude who posted it (at LN).
Victim of the negative karma bugger
I know a girl who was hospitalized for the same thing in high school. She lied about it and is now an Air Force officer. Life is funny.
Did he cut himself or did he get messed up from a 4 wheeling accident? That is the question. 
He admittedly cut himself
Victim of the negative karma bugger
Jeez people... no/none/never
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Not gonna happen. Unless its a grad female, then theyll approve the waiver lickety split.
How many hot moms have you banged?
Zero, because married. Even if I was not married I don't think I would've had time to bang anything because work work work.
(04-06-2015, 07:55 AM)frankieb Wrote: He admittedly cut himself

Or did he?
I'd rather roll a donut. Because you can't be investigated if you didn't write anything and the bullshit will be over in 3 short years anyway. Life goes on.
lol. I say that now, anyway. If I were still there and the universe was coming down on me to write a stupid contract I probably would have given in. Knowing what I know now though? Psh, you won't fire me bish.
(04-06-2015, 04:49 PM)ABACABB Wrote: I'd rather roll a blunt. Because you can't be investigated if you didn't write anything and the bullshit will be over in 3 short years anyway. Life goes on.

Fixed.
2005-2009--OEF (Korengal Valley) & OIF (Haditha)--0311--1st Battalion/3rd Marines
Yep, fuck recruiting and the unrealistic goals....
I told you. I remember a few years ago you were all like "it sounds like the hard part about it is the time away from family and long work hours, but I'm used to that in the fleet and at least I'll get promoted!" Tongue
(04-16-2015, 03:49 PM)ABACABB Wrote: I told you. I remember a few years ago you were all like "it sounds like the hard part about it is the time away from family and long work hours, but I'm used to that in the fleet and at least I'll get promoted!" Tongue

lol yep.... The first couple months of it was bearable but it wears on you over time. Especially as you watch the other branches leave early EVERYDAY. The airforce has the meanest pair of skates I've ever seen in my life, it seems like the navy can enlist anyone, and the army/national guard are so shady it doesn't make sense. Then there's the unrealistic objectives that get you absolutely nowhere Angry . It feels like the first couple days of boot camp when you think to yourself what did I get myself into?? To all of the prior recruiters and some of the current recruiters, what the hell are the pros to this? I haven't wrote a nut yet and don't plan on it but this shit sucks.
The only pro is that if you plan on being a lifer you should have no problem getting promoted when you hit the boards. This is beneficial if you have an MOS where getting promoted is hard as shit. Ideally it should give you 'people skills' but personally I just hated talking to people more after I finished. It felt like I didn't really gain my personality back until about 6 months after I finished, then again that isn't everybody. I could tell the Marines when I was contracting who just got off the duty. They still had that cheesy car salesman personality lol.

There is a chance it could help you land employment in the HR/recruiting field if you really want to make a career out of that kind of thing. A guy with BlueHawk asked if I would be interested in being a recruiter down in Florida but I didn't take it. Corporate recruiting could range from screening out applicants that apply to your company constantly if you get a lot of them (especially with a "big name" company) or having to be a glorified telemarketer. It depends. The corporate world may not be so bad though because at least you'll be dealing with adults that want to "get recruited," not high school kids that need persuading and degrees of hand holding. And of course fuckfuck games you see now are straight up illegal as a civ. So there's that. Big Grin

If you're talking about while you're on the duty, rolling 3 bones every month as opposed to 1 could get you some "in-house" awards and a chance at being a SNCOIC. That's about it though. A successful tour is a successful tour regardless of what your APR is.

As for rolling a nut, it may end up happening to you no matter how hard/long you work. Shit happens, people flake out, or you just have a month where nothing seems to go right. It didn't happen to me until the second year. Most have rolled a nut at least once, including SNCOICs and the 12 mafia. When it happens, take nothing personally (including the empty threats to your career) and remember that this crap will have to end one day. They can make you stay late to screw with your head, but they can't stop time.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
A chance to be a sncoic. You say that like its a good thing.

#fuckrecruiting
#pleasekillme
Figured this would be a good place to ask. One of my close friends has started entertaining the idea of enlisting in either the Marines or Army. I've talked with him about it a lot and pointed him toward websites like this and other sources to really figure out the workings of the military and what he wants to do if he joins. However, he was sent to a rehab thing in high school for some drug use. Would this bar him from serving in the current recruiting atmosphere?
He would be better off if he forgot to tell the recruiter.
It was a voluntary thing but at a health service thing. He wouldn't have to present any records that would show that?
Tell him to shut the fuck up and not tell the recruiter. Shit, if he told me about it i would have a good coaching conversation with him about it.
What about for the VSG I mentioned having for ulcers. Would I be better off not mentioning that? Or, if because that's different, withholding that information is a bad idea?
Do recruiters ever have any "fake" people come in looking to get enlisted? By this I mean, some adult walks in, sits down with a recruiter, but the adult is secretly someone hired to evaluate the recruiter and to make sure he's not doing any shady shit?

Sounds crazy, but i've heard about people visiting embassies and leaving out classified material and seeing what the MSG will do if they set him up to make sure he's not letting people slide by on OF-117's
(04-20-2015, 05:46 AM)BEAR Wrote: Do recruiters ever have any "fake" people come in looking to get enlisted? By this I mean, some adult walks in, sits down with a recruiter, but the adult is secretly someone hired to evaluate the recruiter and to make sure he's not doing any shady shit?

Sounds crazy, but i've heard about people visiting embassies and leaving out classified material and seeing what the MSG will do if they set him up to make sure he's not letting people slide by on OF-117's

This wasn't a common thing by any means but I would get parents rather than kids who would ask me a bunch of questions totally unrelated to that kid's enlistment and totally related to military recruiting, fraudulent enlistments, and such. Sometimes I would get irritated and tell them that my time was valuable, so if they have questions pertaining to their son or military life I'd be glad to answer.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
(04-20-2015, 05:23 PM)ABACABB Wrote: This wasn't a common thing by any means but I would get parents rather than kids who would ask me a bunch of questions totally unrelated to that kid's enlistment and totally related to military recruiting, fraudulent enlistments, and such. Sometimes I would get irritated and tell them that my time was valuable, so if they have questions pertaining to their son or military life I'd be glad to answer.

HAHA!!
Yeah,...So?