Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Ask a Recruiter anything
So, I emailed a depression test to about 25 successful recruiters in the area, it's designed to not look like one, and said it was a quality of life survey. Apparently a guy who is on a 5, 2weeks before mission day is severly depressed, actually, everyone was. Like OMG, say hello now, hes probably gunna hang himself tonight. So, wow, this nob sucks even if you dont suck
Yossarian [29|Sep 07:53 AM]: oh god. imagine a mustang seabee chaplain?!
So, MCRC can suck it, i went on terminal leave today.

Thats 3 years ill never get back.
Hahaha
This last week has been fucking awesome, terminal leave is the best. I think my blood pressure has dropped 30 points at least.
Im hoping on a wish and a unicorn fart that I get pulled to be a 0211
Dewd, I know a former 0211 who got ordered for recruiting duty. Despite how awesome some make the job sound they are still Marines and deal with BS like everybody else (imagine a bunch of NCOs field daying together like LCpls because NCOs are the most junior rank in that MOS). The only reason the guy in question got out of the duty was because he was already on his way to MECEP. From what I heard about recruiting duty it sounds like he dodged a bullet
I would rather suck 10000 YUUUUGGGEEE Hajii dicks than do this one more day.
The hardest part of this job is knowing I can walk into a hospital, say im feeling suicidal and fucking get more than 3 hours of sleep for 3 days while they figure out im full of shit.
The guy I replaced wrote about 30 contracts his last few months, all seniors, almost all fucked up. Ive been flushing turds all summer.
The title of this thread should be changed to "Recruiters up I'm this mofo bitching bout dumb shit".

Or "Crying ass ladymen crying like ladymen".

Ain't not nobody asking y'all mofos not nuffin.
For real, shut your fucking mouths you puss ass bitches.
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

[Image: octoCookie_zps30dh4gn8.jpg]
(10-05-2016, 01:28 PM)Broussard Wrote: The title of this thread should be changed to "Recruiters up I'm this mofo bitching bout dumb shit".

Well, the job sucks ass as 99% of former recruiters on this forum can attest. I suppose somebody can start a "recruiters bitch here" thread but it doesn't matter all that much because TL's traffic ain't what it used to be, so it doesn't make much of a difference.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
(10-05-2016, 01:38 PM)ABACABB Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 01:28 PM)Broussard Wrote: The title of this thread should be changed to "Recruiters up I'm this mofo bitching bout dumb shit".

Well, the job sucks ass as 99% of former recruiters on this forum can attest. I suppose somebody can start a "recruiters bitch here" thread but it doesn't matter all that much because TL's traffic ain't what it used to be, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Truths and sads. :'(
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

Seems like a lot of former recruiters that got off the duty about two years ago are getting hstd again for another round. I know of three now that are headed back.
Yeah, that's every SDA right now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
(10-03-2014, 09:51 AM)austinjking pid=' Wrote:<br />About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore<br />
(11-07-2016, 06:39 PM)B4L Wrote: Seems like a lot of former recruiters that got off the duty about two years ago are getting hstd again for another round. I know of three now that are headed back.

Holy shit.  Do they just want everyone to get out?
Phantomgrift: I enjoy minecraft as well as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Is the recruiting office open on the Marine Corps birthday?

I would like like to drop off alcohol and ammo.
Just because you end up on the HSST doesn't mean you are going. It is just a list of eligible Marines for the duty.

(10-03-2014, 09:51 AM)austinjking pid=' Wrote:<br />About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore<br />
(11-07-2016, 06:39 PM)B4L Wrote: Seems like a lot of former recruiters that got off the duty about two years ago are getting hstd again for another round. I know of three now that are headed back.

Hahaha are you goddamn kidding me?

Soooo glad I'm out. I'd rather go to the brig than deal with MCRC again and be treated like a PFC for another 3 years.

I mean, I knew they could do that even in 2011. I remembered 2 SSgts at the schoolhouse who were there on their second go; voluntold both times. Seemed pretty rare though. I imagine it's a much more common occurrence now because more and more 1st termers are either getting forced out or don't want to stay (combination of no room for promotion and low morale because of the political climate probably...I don't know from stats). 

But yeah, that sucks balls for sure. I'm going to hug my wife extra tight tonight and be doubly thankful I didn't reup again and now have a job where I'm not seen as expendable.

(11-08-2016, 01:13 PM)Rerun0369 Wrote: Just because you end up on the HSST doesn't mean you are going. It is just a list of eligible Marines for the duty.

It depends. A gunny I worked for was HSSTed 5 times and never got orders. I along with many other Sgts (even some who just latmoved to EOD, intel, etc..they weren't happy) ended up going on our first hit. Seeing as the vast majority of embassy guards and DIs are volunteers, that means most HSSTed who do execute orders will likely end up on recruiting duty. And I highly doubt the Marine Corps will say "ah you did recruiting duty once already? You're exempt, no worries!" MCRC wants its bodies and they don't care what your story is. Fool me once...

(11-08-2016, 12:50 PM)CPD Wrote: Is the recruiting office open on the Marine Corps birthday?

I would like like to drop off alcohol and ammo.

You are awesome.
Well, unfortunately that's just not true. Over half of the combat instructors at both SOI's are retreads that were voluntold to go back. About 10 years ago, the depots were having a hard time attracting qualified applicants, almost half were "voluntold".

But once again, just because you are HSST'ed does not mean you are going. A HSST list is nothing more than all Marines that currently meet requirements to do a SDA, regardless of what that is.

Ok. Well. I stand corrected then.
The more you know

Let's try this again, only cause I'm a friggin grunt... 

Went to the local PCS to drop off some liquor (late celebration gift) and I notice a buzzer/camera doohicky on the outside of the office. Just for the record the area they're in is a pretty affluent neighborhood and little in the way of crime besides petty shit. 

My questions are twofold 

1 is this becoming commonplace a buzzer /camera outside of the office? 

2 did most of y'all get a 96 Thursday (20161110)?
They where probably in back drinking my liquor. All I got was some cheap stickers and a pat on the ass.
(11-14-2016, 09:55 AM)oldwinger Wrote: They where probably in back drinking my liquor. All I got was some cheap stickers and a pat on the ass.

Twas more than I got! 
How often do you receive sexual advances from poolees or parents?

How often do you get hit on because you wear your uniform every where?

#FREEHCT

(11-14-2016, 07:53 AM)0331 Wrote: Let's try this again, only cause I'm a friggin grunt... 

Went to the local PCS to drop off some liquor (late celebration gift) and I notice a buzzer/camera doohicky on the outside of the office. Just for the record the area they're in is a pretty affluent neighborhood and little in the way of crime besides petty shit. 

My questions are twofold 

1 is this becoming commonplace a buzzer /camera outside of the office? 

2 did most of y'all get a 96 Thursday (20161110)?

I haven't been to an office in forever but I imagine it's in reaction to that office that was attacked in Tennessee. Or to monitor recruiters? I'm not sure. 

When I was on the bag I never saw a 96. Most recruiters don't. Time off means lost time that could have been spent prospecting and making mission. Even on Veterans Day I always found it ironic how we had to work on a day meant to honor us while everybody else was getting drunk or bbq'ing. There's no shortage of community service events that have to be done on holidays. The duty is referred to as 36 1-month deployments for a reason.

(11-15-2016, 05:52 AM)cookiecj Wrote: How often do you receive sexual advances from poolees or parents?

How often do you get hit on because you wear your uniform every where?

You get hit on by fuggin everyone. Often. Hot, ugly, young, old, doesn't matter. Especially at high schools. It's like bish get out of here you were like 12 when I was on the yellow footprints.

A few of the guys I worked with who were single had no problem getting laid (college town). Holding down an actual relationship never worked out because of the hours but a one night stand wasn't hard for them to hook up.