Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldiers to Army: Give Us Black PT Socks!
In regards to a survey on uniform changes,

Quote:I thought it was interesting, though, that the proposal with one of the highest percentages of support was the last one — black PT socks.

As Cox writes:
Quote:Nearly 70 percent of soldiers who participated in an Army uniform survey said the service should authorize males and females to wear black socks in lieu of white socks with the Army Physical Fitness Uniform. … The current uniform policy authorized soldiers to wear calf-length or ankle-length, plain white socks with the APFU.

Read more: http://kitup.military.com/2015/08/soldiers-army-give-black-pt-socks.html#ixzz3lCi33pbN
Kit Up!

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Am I an old fogey in thinking, "what the hell kind of stupid is this" relating this to the hype over parachute pants and MC Hammer, or am I just not with it like them yoots and that snapchat/twitter/vine?
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
I think they want to be able to wear boot socks with PT gear, if they can wear calf-length black socks.
I always laughed my ass off at the "BUT YOU'LL HEAT CASE FROM WEARING BLACK!" idiots that obviously never had a critical thought in their lives.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
(09-08-2015, 06:30 PM)Yossarian Wrote: I think they want to be able to wear boot socks with PT gear, if they can wear calf-length black socks.
I always laughed my ass off at the "BUT YOU'LL HEAT CASE FROM WEARING BLACK!" idiots that obviously never had a critical thought in their lives.

You mean "dress socks", dumb-dumb. U.S. Army issue dress socks=black, U.S. Army boot socks= green. And wearing dress socks with PT gear is fucking retarded. 

I think this is honestly more about guys wanting to wear high-speed athletic socks (I.E. Underarmor) which may not necessarily be available in white (or are more expensive, generally out-of-stock, whatever.) 
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

Or maybe people Don't want a fucking drawer full of "Super 1990's Dad" socks.
Those above the ankle white socks look like the shit lost tourists wear with fucking chacos.
I rock knee high white tube socks to conform with the barracks order. When asked why I wear them so high, I say "to show that I have high regard for the uniform regs".
look out butt, here comes my finger.<br /><br />
(01-26-2014, 07:46 AM)npr Wrote:<br />Never get in a pissing contest with a skunk<br />
(09-08-2015, 07:46 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Or maybe people Don't want a fucking drawer full of "Super 1990's Dad" socks.
Those above the ankle white socks look like the shit lost tourists wear with fucking chacos.

Do you want ankle warmers?
Because this is how you get ankle warmers.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
Maybe people think black socks look better with the new PTs? I'm not really sure why people wanted this, and don't care either. But they need to calm down with all these uniform changes.
Ive worn nothing but black socks since I got out. Just an old habit and it makes them easier to differentiate from other peoples socks if we do laundry together.
(09-08-2015, 07:08 PM)IamIan Wrote: You mean "dress socks", dumb-dumb. U.S. Army issue dress socks=black, U.S. Army boot socks= green. And wearing dress socks with PT gear is fucking retarded. 

I think this is honestly more about guys wanting to wear high-speed athletic socks (I.E. Underarmor) which may not necessarily be available in white (or are more expensive, generally out-of-stock, whatever.) 

No, dumb-dumb, he means black socks. Boot socks do come in colors other than green and last I checked only the most die-hard of motivators actually wear the shit that the .gov issues to you, in regards to footwear.

I wore black "boot" socks the first few years I was in and then switched to socks that were white from the toe to the ankle and black from there up the calf.

I would normally say it's looks and not comfort but fuck man, regular white socks feel so much better in shoes/boots than socks made for any other purpose. My family shipped me like 300 pairs of white socks while I was deployed. I was in heaven. I'd get off patrol, throw the socks I wore that day away, take a shower and then put on a brand new pair of never before worn or washed white socks. Glorious. Fucking glorious.
Just a dumb grunt.
Stains don't show on black clothes.
No. They all just want to be covered for the 'oh fuck' moment when they realize they didn't wear/bring the proper pair for pt.

No one cares about staining pt socks.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
The stains that go on socks show on black socks. Maybe too many nasties realized too late they grabbed their happy sock.
(09-09-2015, 03:18 AM)Handicap Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:08 PM)IamIan Wrote: You mean "dress socks", dumb-dumb. U.S. Army issue dress socks=black, U.S. Army boot socks= green. And wearing dress socks with PT gear is fucking retarded. 

No, dumb-dumb, he means black socks. Boot socks do come in colors other than green and last I checked only the most die-hard of motivators actually wear the shit that the .gov issues to you, in regards to footwear.

I wore black "boot" socks the first few years I was in and then switched to socks that were white from the toe to the ankle and black from there up the calf.

I would normally say it's looks and not comfort but fuck man, regular white socks feel so much better in shoes/boots than socks made for any other purpose. My family shipped me like 300 pairs of white socks while I was deployed. I was in heaven. I'd get off patrol, throw the socks I wore that day away, take a shower and then put on a brand new pair of never before worn or washed white socks. Glorious. Fucking glorious.

Nope, nope, nope. Boot socks are green, dress socks are black. Tongue Honestly, the issue-style socks I'd buy at the PX or wherever were pretty good in my opinion. I had white civvie socks, but I never wore them with boots because, with my luck, my pant leg would become unbloused or some other dumb shit if I were to wear white socks and then I'd get bitched at. (Happened a few times.)
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

Black socks/Black Tony Hawks/Grey Dickies shorts...Imma roll like that. My days in the Corps we wore green on green with a bit of green blended in.
Vikings MC D37 Desert Racing
Desert Cycle Works 29 Palms
"Raising Grandchildren is Gods way of saying you shouldn't of had kids "
(09-09-2015, 09:31 AM)IamIan Wrote: Nope, nope, nope. Boot socks are green, dress socks are black. Tongue Honestly, the issue-style socks I'd buy at the PX or wherever were pretty good in my opinion. I had white civvie socks, but I never wore them with boots because, with my luck, my pant leg would become unbloused or some other dumb shit if I were to wear white socks and then I'd get bitched at. (Happened a few times.)

I only lasted about 8 months before I stopped wearing green/brown socks. I almost always had white socks on in uniform if all of my blacks were dirty and if anyone noticed I would jokingly get called a shitbag and we'd go back to work.. because the color of your socks doesn't affect how well you PM a truck, clean a rifle or optest a tow system. Of course, you had to be smart about it and I always kept a pair of green socks in the glove box of my car in case we got called up for some spiffy battalion formation or someshit. Chancing it in your platoon is one thing. Chancing it in front of the man is stupid.
Just a dumb grunt.
I think the main reason is how ridiculous white socks look in the new uniform. I don't know though.

In the Army boot socks can be Foliage, Green, Black, Brown, and Sand.
I prefer black ankle socks when I PT. never liked the way white socks looked with running shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(10-03-2014, 09:51 AM)austinjking pid=' Wrote:<br />About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore<br />
I only wear black socks. Boots, PT gear, civilian PT gear, civvies. To me it's just easier when pairing up socks. Plus Hanes crew socks are comfortable in my opinion, I have some coyote ones for inspections and shit but any other day it's black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk