Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ask Max
(05-05-2015, 07:32 PM)Chomps Wrote: I meant the Wacom. Wow, that is an expensive device. Your White Donkey art definitely looks good though.

Eh, price is kind of irrelevant considering this is my profession. If I ran a tow truck business, I would buy a tow truck. Tongue
What's your favorite Killers song? Mine's Read My Mind, possibly For Reasons Unknown as a dark horse.
(05-30-2015, 02:21 PM)Deja Entendu Wrote: What's your favorite Killers song? Mine's Read My Mind, possibly For Reasons Unknown as a dark horse.

I go through phases but probably All These Things That I've Done, at the end of the day.

I also really like Sweet Talk, Jenny Was a Friend of Mine, and Deadlines and Commitments.
I actually really like Sam's Town. I think it's an extremely underrated record.
(05-30-2015, 07:51 PM)Deja Entendu Wrote: I actually really like Sam's Town. I think it's an extremely underrated record.

I agree, the whole album is really good. The critics were smoking crack when it came out.
Moving this from Town Hall.

In the long term, how long do you think the forum will exist?

I mean, say your life heads in a certain awesome direction and you arent doing TL comics anymore or not very often. Will the forum be alive in 20 years if you had it your way? Or when you are off living life, will the plug be pulled?
(07-30-2015, 09:52 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: Moving this from Town Hall.

In the long term, how long do you think the forum will exist?

I mean, say your life heads in a certain awesome direction and you arent doing TL comics anymore or not very often. Will the forum be alive in 20 years if you had it your way? Or when you are off living life, will the plug be pulled?

I'm not sure, I guess I haven't really thought about it much. The forum doesn't really get enough traffic to be a huge priority to me, but it also has a dedicated community and doesn't really take any effort to keep it going on my part thus far. As of right now I have no plans to ditch the forum.
how much does it cost to keep the forums operational?
I've got a question for Max:

How long does it take to draw a cartoon? On average. This does not count the time it takes to come up with the story.

Have you done so many that you can knock out a digital image in 15 minutes or does each one involve multiple renderings like I saw a few posts up?

I sent you a note a few days ago about a saluting Marine image. I hope I wasn't asking for a really big commitment from you.

I'd also like to see how to create characters.

When my son was 2 years old, I used to sit and watch Disney's Micky Mouse Clubhouse with him. There was an episode once where they showed how easy it was to draw Micky Mouse. I drew several of them, then stopped. Now, I've forgotten how I did it.

The point is, I would be happy to create my own characters if I knew how to go about it.
~Joe
Thanks for the reply Max.
(07-31-2015, 12:15 AM)Cybargs Wrote: how much does it cost to keep the forums operational?

He's answered that before in this thread.

(03-02-2015, 12:34 PM)Maximilian Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 11:54 AM)CPD Wrote: How much does it cost you per month to run this site?

None of your business. Why do people always feel entitled to know my financial information?

Just trying to help. Can you feel the Heart ?
~Joe
(07-31-2015, 06:48 AM)jp2code Wrote: I've got a question for Max:

How long does it take to draw a cartoon? On average. This does not count the time it takes to come up with the story.

Have you done so many that you can knock out a digital image in 15 minutes or does each one involve multiple renderings like I saw a few posts up?

I sent you a note a few days ago about a saluting Marine image. I hope I wasn't asking for a really big commitment from you.

I'd also like to see how to create characters.

When my son was 2 years old, I used to sit and watch Disney's Micky Mouse Clubhouse with him. There was an episode once where they showed how easy it was to draw Micky Mouse. I drew several of them, then stopped. Now, I've forgotten how I did it.

The point is, I would be happy to create my own characters if I knew how to go about it.

I am a pretty fast artist when it comes to drawing TL. The actual time it takes to draw a strip varies, usually based on how many panels it is and how complicated each panel is. I generally get it done in under an hour though, which is including the text.

It's never too late to learn how to draw, but it takes a lot of practice, like any skill. I've been doing it since I was 3 years old, I'm pretty sure the first thing I ever drew was a dragon (it looked like an alligator, really). I've just been drawing my whole life, and studying drawing my whole life through books and art college. I'm certainly not the best, but TL is also done in a much more simplistic style than I might do for something else. This is intentional, because of the less realistic nature of the comic strip, but also the bold linework adds to the humor and ease of reading.

[Image: 2015-07-28-Strip_291_Charmed_web.jpg]

[Image: poster_face_web.jpg]
Max, my humble opinion...I think the style you have chosen for the TL comic suits the subject matter. Simple, basic, Spartan maybe? minimalist? It's about the story, the artwork defines the story. Life of a grunt.

p.s., more pictures of Charlie on Instagram por fa vor!
Do you own a gun?
(03-02-2015, 11:52 AM)Maximilian Wrote:
(03-01-2015, 08:08 PM)IamIan Wrote: Whoa... the fuck Max? I was just getting used to the new forum layout and it was going well, but now it's seems it's gone back to something resembling the old forum, but now the bawks is superimposed down the left side of the main page/threads (at least on my POS phone) Da fuck?! Does the bawks only work with iPhones now? Tongue

I uh... I have no idea dude. This doesn't happen with me or anyone else. I've only tested the forum in Chrome and Safari on both Mac OS X and iOS though.

I've been using the site in Firefox on my PC and I seem to be having the same issue.

Do you ever look at the Terminal Lance page on TV tropes or edit it?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/TerminalLance
Do you think you'll ever have another kickstarter campaign to fund another project?

I tried to donate to the White Donkey project several times but for some reason it wasn't accepting my donation. (Maybe because I was deployed or something? I dunno.)
OH YOU!

[Image: qVbUArb.gif?noredirect]

(09-04-2015, 06:02 PM)ah8176 Wrote: Do you think you'll ever have another kickstarter campaign to fund another project?

lol no. The only way I would ever do it again is if I had a staff managing everything and it was something simple that was already done. In retrospect, doing a Kickstarter on a book I hadn't even started drawing was more stressful than anything else. It's one thing to have to answer to an investor, it's another to have 3000 people wondering what's going on.

I, myself, grossly underestimated how much work the book was going to take. If I ever approached a Kickstarter again, I would be much better prepared.

(09-04-2015, 04:44 AM)CivilianChick Wrote: Do you ever look at the Terminal Lance page on TV tropes or edit it?

I've seen it! I've never edited it myself.
will there ever be a rule 34 terminal lance. i heard there's a lot of money in the gay hentai industry.
(09-10-2015, 09:01 PM)Cybargs Wrote: will there ever be a rule 34 terminal lance. i heard there's a lot of money in the gay hentai industry.

There's enough women and bi guys on this forum that I'm surprised that there that there isn't a slash fiction thread.

(09-10-2015, 07:53 PM)Maximilian Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 04:44 AM)CivilianChick Wrote: Do you ever look at the Terminal Lance page on TV tropes or edit it?

I've seen it! I've never edited it myself.

I like to edit TV Tropes occasionally, I'll keep an eye out in the future for tropes and add them to the page if they haven't been added in already. Who knows, adding Terminal Lance to the specific trope pages might even get you a few new readers.

Also, have you ever considered writing for Duffel Blog?
(09-11-2015, 03:51 AM)CivilianChick Wrote: Also, have you ever considered writing for Duffel Blog?

Duffel Blog creator Paul Szoldra is a close friend of mine, but it's really his thing and we don't really cross over. TL and DB get roughly the same web traffic.
Will we be able to pre-order the white donkey? I don't know if people do that kinda thing with books because I've never actually been excited for a book to come out in my life.
look out butt, here comes my finger.<br /><br />
(01-26-2014, 07:46 AM)npr Wrote:<br />Never get in a pissing contest with a skunk<br />
(09-26-2015, 05:15 AM)Beavis Wrote: Will we be able to pre-order the white donkey? I don't know if people do that kinda thing with books because I've never actually been excited for a book to come out in my life.

lolololol
Phantomgrift: I enjoy minecraft as well as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
You can bundle it with Half Life 3

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Will we get any bonus content?
look out butt, here comes my finger.<br /><br />
(01-26-2014, 07:46 AM)npr Wrote:<br />Never get in a pissing contest with a skunk<br />
Yes, the Blood of Christ and a pack of Lucky Strikes.
Denethor Wrote:[18|Feb 12:25 PM]: You're foreign, aren't you