Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ask Max
Lightbulb 
Have a question for the creator of Terminal Lance? Ask here!
Can I have my sprinkles back?
NSFgirl [28|Apr 06:29 AM]: Look, I have 3 holes, and 2 are free to be used. Don't be greedy and expect the 3rd too.
(02-28-2015, 04:18 PM)damn03 Wrote: is it possible to have most recent posts on top instead of on bottom?

Are you referring to the bawks? The forum displays recent posts on top by default.

(02-28-2015, 04:54 PM)Slinky Wizard Wrote: can the avatar size be increased? I need my trademark hitomi tanaka bouncing boobs gif avatar

Avatars are now set to 100x100 pixels. The forum automatically resizes to 100x100 when you upload a new one.

(03-01-2015, 07:15 AM)damn03 Wrote: do YOU still have access to the old forum stuffs?

The old forum is gone, sorry guys.
(03-01-2015, 06:03 PM)damn03 Wrote: No, talking bout the forums

You mean... The threads? I'm not sure, it's always been top-down.
Whoa... the fuck Max? I was just getting used to the new forum layout and it was going well, but now it's seems it's gone back to something resembling the old forum, but now the bawks is superimposed down the left side of the main page/threads (at least on my POS phone) Da fuck?! Does the bawks only work with iPhones now? Tongue
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

Do you go to the art institute in sf?
Dammit Max, I wish you'd warned us that everything was gonna be wiped, so I could have copied a bunch of info I wanted to save from the old boards...

grumble grumble

Also, can has Mod back?
There once was a young man named Nate
Who wanted to do something great
He went to a recruiter
Said "I'm good with computers"
Now he's checking IDs at the gate
(03-01-2015, 08:53 PM)Hangelkat69 Wrote: Do you go to the art institute in sf?

No, I graduated with a BFA in Animation from the California College of Arts in Oakland/SF.
Adding a reply to a thread where you are the last poster is just adding on to the post instead of creating a new one. Is there a way to change that?
[Image: 2v96l2c.jpg]
(03-01-2015, 08:17 PM)damn03 Wrote: your phone's gay

No, it's doing it on regular computers too...

Edit: Betcha if I tried it with Safari it'd work. Rolleyes
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

(03-01-2015, 08:08 PM)IamIan Wrote: Whoa... the fuck Max? I was just getting used to the new forum layout and it was going well, but now it's seems it's gone back to something resembling the old forum, but now the bawks is superimposed down the left side of the main page/threads (at least on my POS phone) Da fuck?! Does the bawks only work with iPhones now? Tongue

I uh... I have no idea dude. This doesn't happen with me or anyone else. I've only tested the forum in Chrome and Safari on both Mac OS X and iOS though.

(03-02-2015, 10:31 AM)RadarPoG Wrote: Adding a reply to a thread where you are the last poster is just adding on to the post instead of creating a new one. Is there a way to change that?

What? Try using quick reply? I'm not sure what you mean.
How much does it cost you per month to run this site?
(03-02-2015, 11:52 AM)RadarPoG Wrote: Adding a reply to a thread where you are the last poster is just adding on to the post instead of creating a new one.  Is there a way to change that?

I started copying POG's stories from the google cache one post at a time.  Each time, I would try to add a story as a new reply but the board keeps adding them to my last post.  As a result, there's a bunch of stories as 1 giant wall of text rather than broken into several posts as can be seen here:
http://www.terminallanceforum.com/showthread.php?tid=50&pid=996#pid996

Each of those quote blocks were originally input as new posts.  Both quick reply and the new reply button are doing this.  The only thing that seems to break them up is whenever someone else posts in the thread and I can start another block.
If you hit the 'reply' button at the bottom of a post and there's a green 'plus' sign in the 'quote' button it quotes the post. If there's a red 'minus' sign it will not do this.

(03-02-2015, 12:15 PM)irradiator Wrote: If you hit the 'reply' button at the bottom of a post and there's a green 'plus' sign in the 'quote' button it quotes the post. If there's a red 'minus' sign it will not do this.

Well, shit, change that to, "shouldn't." I just now tried it and the quote is there. O, well.
Yeah,...So?
(03-02-2015, 11:54 AM)CPD Wrote: How much does it cost you per month to run this site?

None of your business. Why do people always feel entitled to know my financial information?

(03-02-2015, 12:12 PM)RadarPoG Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 11:52 AM)RadarPoG Wrote: Adding a reply to a thread where you are the last poster is just adding on to the post instead of creating a new one.  Is there a way to change that?

I started copying POG's stories from the google cache one post at a time.  Each time, I would try to add a story as a new reply but the board keeps adding them to my last post.  As a result, there's a bunch of stories as 1 giant wall of text rather than broken into several posts as can be seen here:
http://www.terminallanceforum.com/showthread.php?tid=50&pid=996#pid996

Each of those quote blocks were originally input as new posts.  Both quick reply and the new reply button are doing this.  The only thing that seems to break them up is whenever someone else posts in the thread and I can start another block.

Oh I see. It doesn't do this for me (I'm guessing because I'm admin). This is the forum's way of preventing double posting, which is good except for exceptions like this situation. Are you using Quick Reply or are you actually going into the "New Reply" page?
Also, this bit where the new stuff in the 'post reply' box, that includes the quoted post, show up on the end of the the post I'm trying to quote, is new. I don't think it did this at first.
Yeah,...So?
(03-02-2015, 12:36 PM)irradiator Wrote: Also, this bit where the new stuff in the 'post reply' box, that includes the quoted post, show up on the end of the the post I'm trying to quote, is new. I don't think it did this at first.

When quoting a post, you can click the green plus "Quote" button. This adds them to a quote "queue" of sorts, you can click multiple ones. Then, in the Quick Reply box, you can quote all of the ones you've selected at once.

If you just want to quote a single post or quote it within the New Reply page, click "Reply" instead of Quote and it will automatically quote it in the New Reply page.

Did that help?
Yeah. If I have this right, if I do not wish to quote a post I should not hit the 'reply' button in the post I am replying to, but go to the 'quick reply' directly?
Yeah,...So?
(03-02-2015, 12:55 PM)irradiator Wrote: Yeah. If I have this right, if I do not wish to quote a post I should not hit the 'reply' button in the post I am replying to, but go to the 'quick reply' directly?

Yes, or simply hit the "New Reply" button to be taken to the full reply page.

All future questions about the forum please go to the new Town Hall thread, so we can reserve this thread for questions specifically pertaining to myself rather than the forum.

http://terminallanceforum.com/showthread.php?tid=82
(03-02-2015, 12:34 PM)Maximilian Wrote: Are you using Quick Reply or are you actually going into the "New Reply" page?

I tried both with the same results, even tried backing out of the thread completely.

edit: It appears that it doesn't happen if a certain amount of time has elapsed between posts. Will just have to migrate a page worth at a time and wait a while.
Do a traceroute with your 1337 hax.
Hehe, pwnd.
Yeah,...So?
How do your parents feel about what you do?

Where they ever in the military?

Why all the black and white on the page and website? Do colors cost more money ersumshit?
OH YOU!

[Image: qVbUArb.gif?noredirect]

(03-03-2015, 11:34 AM)ah8176 Wrote: How do your parents feel about what you do?

Where they ever in the military?

Why all the black and white on the page and website? Do colors cost more money ersumshit?

Kind of a weird question. My parents are very proud of everything I've accomplished. Neither of them were military.

Black and white is the art direction of Terminal Lance.

Terminal Lance is a comic strip.

Terminal Lance is a black and white comic strip.

Do you see where I'm going with this?
There are a butt loaf of black and white comics that don't follow the same color scheme. One does not necessitate the other.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.