Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ask a Woman Anything
(03-08-2015, 04:02 PM)Tikilounge Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 02:48 PM)TD Sprinkles Wrote: They all have been given the same instruction that when I die, they need to get the little box from under my bed and burn it.  Do not look in it, just burn it. 

So, whats in the box?

Assorted toys, is my guess. 
Maybe a little black book;  that's what I wouldn't want my kids to find.
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
I'm fairly certain Tiki already knew that, or assumed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
^This^

I cant imagine TD (or NSF or Taz) would be so enigmatic over common women things which is why it piqued my curiosity.

Human ear necklace?
Socerers stone?
Davy Jones heart?

Is there a secret woman box under the bed conspiracy that TD has inadvertently disclosed?
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
My box isn't a huge secret.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
(03-08-2015, 08:49 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: My box isn't a huge secret.

[Image: 94d.png]
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
I'm rather hoping it's a box of deliriously incriminating love letters, because that's all very old school.

I don't have paper love letters.

I have texts with gifs.

It doesn't really quite compare, I think.
(03-08-2015, 11:31 PM)Loderi Wrote: I'm rather hoping it's a box of deliriously incriminating love letters, because that's all very old school.

I don't have paper love letters.

I have texts with gifs.

It doesn't really quite compare, I think.

I have paper letters. They're very...special to me, not least because I can look at the box I keep them in and remember how appalled my sister was when she did a little snooping and read some by mistake Tongue
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
(03-08-2015, 02:59 PM)TD Sprinkles Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 02:57 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: I can see I didn't make Maggie's 'I know you're straight' list.  Not sure how I feel about that.

lol -- she knows.

Wink

lol TD is correct Big Grin I do know. I was referring to these three ladies mainly because they were the first three to answer my question  Smile
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

Wtf is it that excites women so much about ultrasounds? I mean I get it. I'm happy to see the little guy or girl is in there and everything is where it should be, but after already having two, I just don't see what there is to get all misty eyed about, or to ooh and aah over. It's a grainy black and white picture of something that vaguely resembles a baby. No, it isn't cute. No I don't see how adorable it is or think it might be waving.
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
It's because "I made this!"
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
(03-10-2015, 05:17 AM)silverado_mick Wrote: Wtf is it that excites women so much about ultrasounds?  I mean I get it. I'm happy to see the little guy or girl is in there and everything is where it should be, but after already having two, I just don't see what there is to get all misty eyed about, or to ooh and aah over. It's a grainy black and white picture of something that vaguely resembles a baby. No, it isn't cute. No I don't see how adorable it is or think it might be waving.

The brain of a pregnant woman can be...a little strange at times; emotional responses of all kinds can be more pronounced (if we're happy, we're VERY happy) and our reactions aren't always what they would otherwise be if we weren't pregnant. If all else fails, blame the hormones.

In a way, too, part of her response comes from the fact that the ultrasound is the first part of pregnancy she can really, openly, genuinely share with other people on the same terms as she herself experiences it. This is the first part of it that she can share with you.

She has been pregnant the entire time, but she can't share the changes to the way her body seems to fit together (it doesn't always entirely feel like the body you had before, it's a little alien!) or the morning sickness or what it feels like to be kicked from the inside (I've never truly been able to describe what this is like...when you were a little boy, did you ever buy a goldfish? If you have ever touched the plastic bag the goldfish came in whilst the fish was butting against that side, that is sort of how it is). Most of what pregnancy is like for her is very personal, very intensely rooted in her awareness of her body and in some ways very hard to describe to someone who doesn't live in that body with her.

She can't show you what any of these things are like. You will never know firsthand. Simply telling you doesn't cover it because sometimes words are severely lacking in depth.

The ultrasound is different. This is something you can see and experience almost as she does, so...it's different, and it's special. The ultrasound is, in a sense, what makes it "real" (other people will acknowledge it; there's tangible proof; it's much easier to imagine a nebulous future baby as a person when you can say "they have fingernails, they have eyebrows, they have this, they have that"...honestly, can you imagine thinking about the eyebrows of a person who is not real? She can run down a list of mundane features that you never think about having but that this thing in the ultrasound image nevertheless has) rather than being a sort of very detailed sensory hallucination that she's been having entirely on her own without anyone else to confirm it.
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
Women are fucking nuts.

And Tazzie, I'm fairly certain I was a part of that making it process. at least I sort of remember being there. It's all a little hazy. I was probably drunk...
(03-10-2015, 06:08 AM)silverado_mick Wrote: Women are fucking nuts.

And Tazzie, I'm fairly certain I was a part of that making it process.  at least I sort of remember being there.  It's all a little hazy.  I was probably drunk...

Well, when does it become "real" to you?

The day the baby is born is a little after the fact for someone who has already been carrying him around, feeling everything he does, losing familiarity with what should be the most familiar thing in the world (ask a very pregnant woman what it feels like to touch her toes...I forgot, twice) and changing their own life enormously in almost every facet for nine months! For us it sets in sooner because it has to, and the ultrasounds are one of very few things along the way where we can stop, reach back a hand for you and offer to bring you with us.

Poor thing.
Oh I understand that in my head, but I just can't get excited about it until farther down the line. I guess that's just among my many, many flaws as someone born without a uterus.

call me when the kid is useful, or at least fun to play with.
Yeah, you created it 50%, but it's not growing in you. You don't feel the kicks, you don't have the bond.
I asked my Dad once how to put up with my pregnant wife, After he got done laughing he tells me "you made it, Now shut up, get another job and put up with it same as man has always done"
baby becomes most real either at birth, or when it starts to recognize you and smile and shit. For me it was both. I'm a little dead inside so I was terrified I would love my son. I definitely do. He's my little man
Saru mo ki kara  ochiru
How can you tell if a women is being controlled by a man? I have a girl I work with who flirted with me a lot and talkrd to me a lot, now she barely talks to me or most other males for that matter and her bf is always hovering over anyone who tries to talk with her. No I'm not trying to fuck her , I'm just worried
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
What are you worried about?
look out butt, here comes my finger.<br /><br />
(01-26-2014, 07:46 AM)npr Wrote:<br />Never get in a pissing contest with a skunk<br />
Her getting fucked up because he's an insecure idiot who doesn't realize that she isn't the type to cheat in the first place. 
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(03-16-2015, 11:52 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: How can you tell if a women is being controlled by a man? I have a girl I work with who flirted with me a lot and talkrd to me a lot, now she barely talks to me or most other males for that matter and her bf is always hovering over anyone who tries to talk with her. No I'm not trying to fuck her , I'm just worried

Pretty much everything you just described but she's letting him do it.  
NSFgirl [28|Apr 06:29 AM]: Look, I have 3 holes, and 2 are free to be used. Don't be greedy and expect the 3rd too.
(03-16-2015, 12:09 PM)TD Sprinkles Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 11:52 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: How can you tell if a women is being controlled by a man? I have a girl I work with who flirted with me a lot and talkrd to me a lot, now she barely talks to me or most other males for that matter and her bf is always hovering over anyone who tries to talk with her. No I'm not trying to fuck her , I'm just worried

The sad truth is that the female must save herself, she can't be 'saved'. If enough ppl talk sense to her she may see the light. Also, having her consider this may help.
Yeah,...So?
(03-16-2015, 12:15 PM)irradiator Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 12:09 PM)TD Sprinkles Wrote:

The sad truth is that the female must save herself, she can't be 'saved'. If enough ppl talk sense to her she may see the light. Also, having her consider this may help.

Yep.  Hovering/controlling now will only just escalate because she's not stopping it.   
NSFgirl [28|Apr 06:29 AM]: Look, I have 3 holes, and 2 are free to be used. Don't be greedy and expect the 3rd too.
Read the Dear Abby thing that the link takes you to.
Yeah,...So?

That raises a lot of red flags.

You cannot ride in on a white horse and save her. If it really is as it appears to be then trying to do that may put her at greater risk, and in the end she must do it.

The best thing you can do is to remain open to her, talk to her, make sure that she knows you are a safe option to come to for help. Lack of realistic options elsewhere (if he's been isolating her from friends or family and she's lost the closeness she once had, where would she go? If he controls access to the money, how would she live once she left? Does he hold power over anyone else, like a child? Does he track her search history on the home computer, so she can't easily search for the information she needs to get out without him knowing?) fear of not being believed because she's not being "really, truly abused" if there are no bruises, fear of being told "but why didn't you just LEAVE?" as though it was easy...these all make it hard for someone in an abusive relationship to make a clean break in safety, and having someone outside of the relationship that she knows is willing to help her may make a difference.

Send her here and show her this checklist. If she does not feel comfortable talking to you, they have a confidential phone service that she can access at any time. They have resources available for her use, and may be able to help her find crisis accommodation or legal help if she needs it.

Poor thing.