Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ask a Woman Anything
I agree with 'Tater looking back I could have been less stubborn (we both could have) or taken a different direction. It doesn't matter now. We have two good kids, We've both matured together so we don't have to worry about being at each others throat now that the nest is empty. I'm happy with the results, Mrs Winger may be a crazy 'ol asian lady but I guess she's my crazy 'ol asian lady. or as she says "no more warranty, you stuck with me"
(03-05-2015, 07:48 AM)maggie_h Wrote: As a follow up to that question, over the years has anything changed regarding the things you find important in a man and in a relationship?
Yes!
It used to be about what you drove, where you lived/square footage, etc.
None of that shit matters.

Now it's  about his character. Is he a giving person who is into me? Or is he high on himself? 
I want a guy who gets his priorities  right. Being around someone who puts career ahead of everything is boring! Having been the one to take the kids to school events/recitals and whatnot, and look around the room to see so many other husbands watching their kids, and enjoying his family,  and YOUR husband is at the office, is depressing. 

And Handi,  99% sounds like a lot .
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
What is it with women marrying guys and then tryingto change them to fit the perfect husband mold?

I was a drunk, skirt chasing, retarded, metalhead kid when she met me. Why does she forget that is the person she fell in love with (supposedly). I just don't get that.
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
(03-05-2015, 01:58 AM)maggie_h Wrote: To Taz and TD and whoever else wants to answer.

How has your views on relationships and your approach to them changed throughout the years?

The single biggest thing is developing an understanding of how much work they are. A functional, happy relationship is a beautiful thing, but it is an ongoing project, and even at its best it's never perfect. Even on a brilliant day, you'll do something to annoy him and he'll do something to annoy you.

As a teenager, how many girls think they'll meet someone and have a happy ending and that is the end of the story? How many girls think they'll meet their "perfect" partner, or that if they meet someone who is not perfect that they can change him to make him so?

You won't, and you can't. Any changes he makes, any maturity he develops he must make because HE wants to grow, not just because you have dragged him. The best you can hope for is merely a good one who complements you, who takes his side of the work seriously and who genuinely wants you to be there. Between you you may be able to find solutions for most (not all, sometimes you really do need to cut your losses and spare yourself some pain) of the difficult parts as they come.

The ideal man, to my understanding, isn't the handsome one or the rich one or the one who likes everything you like. These things are nice bonuses, but they are not the beginning and end. The ideal man is the one who looks at you as you are, accepts it (good and bad)...and challenges the best of you to come out so you can be so much the better.

What would you give for someone who helped you be the person you always wanted to imagine you were in your better moments?
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
(03-06-2015, 06:00 AM)silverado_mick Wrote: What is it with women marrying guys and then tryingto change them to fit the perfect husband mold?

I was a drunk, skirt chasing, retarded, metalhead kid when she met me. Why does she forget that is the person she fell in love with (supposedly). I just don't get that.

Cuz if you waited around for the perfect guy, you won't find it, because he doesn't exist.
So you take what you like -- good looks, funny, intelligent -- and take the scraggly edges off, and hone and polish to perfection.

But the reality is, you have to like what he is to begin with. Women don't want to accept that.
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
And that's just fucked up. You tell a guy you love him for who he is, but you're constantly trying to "home and polish" what you feel are scraggly edges. Fuck that. What is the need to change people that most women seem to possess?
Men want their women to stay the same as when they first started dating them, women try to change their men until they die.
Neither usually happens.
Ladies, how have you successfully changed the men in your lives presently and in the past?

Who taught you how ?

How whipped is the man in your life?

Why are women so jealous of each other?
I still want to know why changing a man to suit you is such a desire.
(03-06-2015, 09:32 AM)silverado_mick Wrote: I still want to know why changing a man to suit you is such a desire.

For me personally, it's not.   I know what I'm getting into and I have no desire to change anyone.  I have the choice to either accept you for who you are or not.
NSFgirl [28|Apr 06:29 AM]: Look, I have 3 holes, and 2 are free to be used. Don't be greedy and expect the 3rd too.
Platonically, because I know Taz, TD and Wom are straight, has your relationships with other women changed as you've gotten older?
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

(03-05-2015, 06:10 PM)Taz Wrote: And Handi,  99% sounds like a lot .

She knows where I intend to go because I tell her as much. If I'm going out to nerd out and play star wars tabletop games she knows that. If I'm going out shooting, to work on the Chevelle, to visit a buddy, I tell her.

I don't mean to imply that she has some kind of tracking going on. She's been a lot better about it than she was in the past. Before, if I was gone for more than an hour she'd start texting or calling me, wondering when I was coming home, or suddenly she felt like shit and wanted me to come take care of her, etc. It was pretty frustrating for awhile and then I magically ran out of fucks to give.
Just a dumb grunt.
(03-06-2015, 09:36 AM)TD Sprinkles Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 09:32 AM)silverado_mick Wrote: I still want to know why changing a man to suit you is such a desire.

For me personally, it's not.   I know what I'm getting into and I have no desire to change anyone.  I have the choice to either accept you for who you are or not.

All of this. Trying to change someone who doesn't already wish to change is a fool's errand. Encouraging them in something they begin is one thing ("I want to be more social, please help me?" is different to "you ought to be more social, fix yourself!") but the impetus for any change has to be theirs.

On the other hand, they are going to change if you know them for long enough, even if it's not in the direction you thought...people grow and change all the time based on their experiences; the growth is part of living, and it happens whether you like it or not. Expecting someone to remain exactly the same forever is just as unnatural as expecting them to entirely remake themselves to suit your whims.

Quote:Platonically, because I know Taz, TD and Wom are straight, has your relationships with other women changed as you've gotten older?

In general, no, except in the sense that I've learned a little more kindness and patience than I once had so my relationships in general (for both men and women) are a little kinder. In specific cases, yes. I understand my mother much better now than I used to - loving her in the way a child loves is not the same thing as understanding her as a complex human being, and that took time and the beginnings of maturity to develop.
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
Am I really as emotionally retarded as my mommy says?

Also, I'm with TD. Not, that I have many offers, but I don't set out to change men. People are people. I am not here to change anyone.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
To follow up on what Wombette said ( I refuse to refer you you by your moniker, btw), I have found that it is a good idea to remember that everyone is dealing with something in their life. You are well aware of the problems in your own life, well, everyone has their shit to deal with.
Yeah,...So?
(03-06-2015, 05:37 PM)irradiator Wrote: To follow up on what Wombette said ( I refuse to refer you you by your moniker, btw), I have found that it is a good idea to remember that everyone is dealing with something in their life. You are well aware of the problems in your own life, well, everyone has their shit to deal with.

You have my blessing to call me anything you like. I trust you not to use it cruelly, and in truth it's not an entirely inaccurate moniker! Smile

Poor thing.
You have an itchy womb?
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
(03-06-2015, 09:47 AM)maggie_h Wrote: Platonically, because I know Taz, TD and Wom are straight, has your relationships with other women changed as you've gotten older?

Yes, definitely.   Now it's quality over quantity.   I'm very particular when it comes to women friends too because let's face it, most are gossiping, back-stabbing bitches.  Case in point:  my so-called "best friend" fucked my bf when I was home on leave helping my mom put my grandma in a nursing home.  For years after that, I had no women friends.  I just hung out with the guys.    

I only have 4-5 close girlfriends who I trust explicitly -- and I'm related to 3 of them.   They all have been given the same instruction that when I die, they need to get the little box from under my bed and burn it.  Do not look in it, just burn it.     The rest of the girls I go out with/hang with are pretty much acquaintances.   I may go out with them for NGO, but I don't let them get too close.  
NSFgirl [28|Apr 06:29 AM]: Look, I have 3 holes, and 2 are free to be used. Don't be greedy and expect the 3rd too.
(03-08-2015, 02:48 PM)TD Sprinkles Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 09:47 AM)maggie_h Wrote: Platonically, because I know Taz, TD and Wom are straight, has your relationships with other women changed as you've gotten older?

Yes, definitely.   Now it's quality over quantity.   I'm very particular when it comes to women friends too because let's face it, most are gossiping, back-stabbing bitches.  Case in point:  my so-called "best friend" fucked my bf when I was home on leave helping my mom put my grandma in a nursing home.  For years after that, I had no women friends.  I just hung out with the guys.    

I only have 4-5 close girlfriends who I trust explicitly -- and I'm related to 3 of them.   They all have been given the same instruction that when I die, they need to get the little box from under my bed and burn it.  Do not look in it, just burn it.     The rest of the girls I go out with/hang with are pretty much acquaintances.   I may go out with them for NGO, but I don't let them get too close.  

That's cold, right there, and grounds for a 'disappearance'. The bad thing about trusting humans is that they're humans and therefore there's always that possibility...

That's why it's so uncomfortable to allow oneself to be vulnerable while trusting. But you have to in order to have a closeness in a relationship.
Yeah,...So?
I can see I didn't make Maggie's 'I know you're straight' list. Not sure how I feel about that.

(03-08-2015, 02:57 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: I can see I didn't make Maggie's 'I know you're straight' list.  Not sure how I feel about that.

lol -- she knows.

Wink
What's the worst guy you've ever had sex with?
(03-08-2015, 02:48 PM)TD Sprinkles Wrote: They all have been given the same instruction that when I die, they need to get the little box from under my bed and burn it.  Do not look in it, just burn it. 

So, whats in the box?
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
(03-08-2015, 03:25 PM)CPD Wrote: What's the worst guy you've ever had sex with?

Senior Drill Instructor Rodgood
Saru mo ki kara  ochiru
(03-08-2015, 03:25 PM)CPD Wrote: What's the worst guy you've ever had sex with?

A fat guy.