Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ask a motherfucker from Australia
(06-24-2015, 02:18 PM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 02:06 PM)Cybargs Wrote: Australia has a strong push against sending people to prison.

Im trying to think of a stereotype joke using this but cant decide which way to go with it. Maybe start dumping your prisoners in England?  

On the topic of stereotypes and your answer about movies and such; Have the movies put any stereotypes on us? I know thats a pretty broad question but I was hoping you or WomBitch could throw some depth into the answer beyond "you guys come off as loud cowboys", haha.

It's funny that as a convict colony we actually had a very strong legal system and the rule of law. I guess the brits saw what happened when you piss people off enough in the American colonies lol. 

I mean, Hollywood movies make things very universal. I guess a stereotype issue that I can think of is Breaking Bad, people absolutely love the show and go 'wouldn't happen here, we got free healthcare!'. I wouldn't say hollywood does anything stereotypical as the stories and narratives of one that anyone could relate to. But I guess for people in my age, get stereotypes from college movies (the parties, lifestyle etc). 

Btw for sports, NFL has gotten a lot of attention in Aus since we get it free and live and we got some rugby players moving across to NFL coz of $$$$$$$$$

How old are you?

How many dicks can you fit into your mouth at one time?

How are the relationships on average between natives and other ethnic groups in Australia?

Is there any country that a large amount of Australians seem to have a major dislike towards? If so, why?

PS.......That video is retarded as fuck but hilarious. I had a good laugh lol.
(06-24-2015, 09:34 PM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: How old are you?

How many dicks can you fit into your mouth at one time?

How are the relationships on average between natives and other ethnic groups in Australia?

Is there any country that a large amount of Australians seem to have a major dislike towards? If so, why?

PS.......That video is retarded as fuck but hilarious. I had a good laugh lol.

1. 24

2. less than you

3. if you mean natives as Aboriginals... I think Womb can give a better answer than I can since CW is Aboriginal. 

There is a lot of discrimination against aboriginal people in Australia. Our government's track record is pretty much horrible. 1992 Mabo decision was the first time that Native Title was recognized. Before that, it was assumed australia was 'terra nullius' and the land was settled, not conquered so any aboroginal claims to australia was null and void. It had a lot of legal implications meaning aboriginal customary laws weren't recognized or co-opted in our legal system. This contrasts with your government's relationship with your native tribes, as you have tribal sovereignty and tribal police enforcing tribal law. 

This ad pretty much depicts the racist attitudes that have occured. I did straight up have a manager at a jewlellery store told me to keep an eye on the two aboriginal customers (who were around 50 years old and legit buying shit). 

There's still racist sentiment that aboriginals are 'lazy, alcoholics, welfare leaches' etc you name it. There are a lot of issues with aboriginals in poverty as well and it perpetuates the cycle. In terms of policing, they've been overrepresented in the criminal justice system and there have been a huge problem previously of deaths in custody and aboriginals being arrested for things a white person wouldn't. 

4. I would probably say China due to the sentiment that the chinese are 'buying up all the properties in australia' and the US during times of war and stereotypes against Americans. But usually nobody really holds grudges. 
(06-24-2015, 11:26 PM)Cybargs Wrote: 3. if you mean natives as Aboriginals... I think Womb can give a better answer than I can since CW is Aboriginal.

Someone say my name?

Nice of you to leave this one for me Cy. Resident blackfella comes to save the day, eh? Big Grin

The whole thing between black Australia and white Australia is complicated as shit. There's a hell of a lot of history, and fuckloads of long-term consequences of that history, and it's a huge fucking mess.

No one wants to say out loud "yeah, I'm a racist cunt", and most people probably don't think they ARE being racist. They'd be fucking horrified if you called them out on their bullshit – like being called racist is a bigger problem than being racist – they'll sit quietly through a welcome to country or a "we acknowledge the Noongar as the traditional custodians of this land" spiel, they'll tell you Buddy Franklin or Travis Varcoe or Mick O'Loughlin or Adam Goodes is their favourite footy player, but they'll accidentally do all sorts of brainless retardation when they're not trying to show you how tolerant they are.

Recent example, there's a wee little baby girl called Samara Muir who's been in the news. You might've seen her.

[Image: samara.jpg]

This is her. She wants to dress up like whats-her-face from Frozen so she can be a princess, she's thrilled to tiny bits about it...and a big strong grown woman with her own kids there says "you can't wear that. You're black, and Queen Elsa isn't. You can't play."

This tiny wee girl goes home in tears, and tries to scrub the colour off her skin cos she's convinced she's too ugly to be a princess. She's three, and she thinks she's not allowed. I'd put a tiara on and play pretty pretty princesses with her myself after that!

Same thing apparently happens to kids on your end – I've seen a couple of studies about it - but who the fuck tells a toddler she can't pretend to be a princess for a day?

Womboy's been told he's ugly too. Herself told me about it. He's five, and the poor little squit came home from school crying.

There can be little stereotypes that get in the way. Most of em are similar to the ones that hit your natives – like the one about being a pack of drunks and wifebeaters, which is 100000% of the reason why I don't drink! There are the niggling little things about "oh, you're a blackfella? Where's your secret knowledge woowoo bullshit? Teach me how to say motherfucker in Aboriginal! Does "kangaroo" really mean "your finger fuckwit"? Do you play the didj? You must be good at footy, right?"

I took advantage of it as a young bloke. At boarding school, miles from home, I could trick dumbfuck white boys into eating all kinds of shit because "that? Yeah man, that's good tucker, don't you know possum shit is good for you"...dunno how they never realised that the traditional shit I knew – I DO know a bit, learning more - only applied to my own country instead of a thousand miles to the south, but they'd eat it up like I was telling them how to live forever. As a kid it was funny, but as an adult it just gets right up my nose. The fuck you think we're all the same for? Can't you tell the difference between saltwater people and desert people? Don't you know how fucking BIG this place is white boy, you never clued in that there are hundreds of countries in here?

It's not aimed at you Grunter. We're mates, and I'm fucking glad to see you. Just an example.

The story that gets told about us is all wrong too. It's all sad and fucked up all the time – drinking problems, child abuse, people losing their culture because the kids were stolen away. That's all real, mind. That's all true. We DO die younger, we DO end up in prison way more than we should, a hell of a lot of little black babies are hurt by their mums and dads and aunties and uncles who should be protecting them, and trust me...a lot of the remote communities are massively fucked up places. There's a hell of a lot wrong in indigenous Australia, and fixing it is going to take decades – it took decades to make, it'll take longer to repair.

That's all true enough, but it's not the only truth.

No one ever mentions us as survivors. It's been 40,000 years and we're still here, but no one ever mentions that. There's no mention of us laughing, ever. There's no mention of families like the one I've busted my gut to build, indigenous and fucking proud of it and completely okay. They might talk about remote communities, but I've never heard them talk about any of the good stuff that comes out of em. It's always in the context of all the shit that's gone wrong there. It's always a tragic story.

Even the people with really good intentions fall into that kind of trap, y'know? Like it has to be sad and fucked up and broken. You can't be in touch with your dreaming AND not a complete fuckup? You gotta pick one?

Fuck that for a game of soldiers. I want both, and I want my boys to have both.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a lot of bitching.<br /><br />- The Tao of Wombat
Was the Sound of Music filmed near you?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Omg the bush tucker shit reminded me of this video.

Yeah I heard about the news of that poor lass. Really really fucked up shit for kids to say, especially the whole 'black is ugly' statement.

There has been a lot of misconceptions about aboriginal people as well, especially the one between city dwellers v ones from rural areas and the assumption that all tribes are similar in culture or have the same customs. 

All I can say from a perspective as a law student, there has been a huge push for law firms and public sector jobs to hire indigenous students so there may be more aboriginal representation in the legal sector and hopefully have an aboriginal HC judge (it's been all anglo so far). Our uni does the whole spiel about 'recognizing the custodians of this land' thing for every single major speech... the law faculty has a huge focus on indigenous issues. The only class so far that has not mentioned anything about aboriginals have been my contract/property law course. Sadly in the law textbooks its always about a sad story of how mistreated aboriginals are, from the history of being denied citizenship to the story of David Unaipon and issues of aboriginal deaths in police custody. 
So we already know how much you get taxed, we already know that you're forced to save money, what I want to know is how much more expensive are things over there compared to the states? I could probably just google Big Mac index but fuck you.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(06-25-2015, 04:19 AM)Cybargs Wrote: Omg the bush tucker shit reminded me of this video.

Yeah I heard about the news of that poor lass. Really really fucked up shit for kids to say, especially the whole 'black is ugly' statement.

There has been a lot of misconceptions about aboriginal people as well, especially the one between city dwellers v ones from rural areas and the assumption that all tribes are similar in culture or have the same customs. 

All I can say from a perspective as a law student, there has been a huge push for law firms and public sector jobs to hire indigenous students so there may be more aboriginal representation in the legal sector and hopefully have an aboriginal HC judge (it's been all anglo so far). Our uni does the whole spiel about 'recognizing the custodians of this land' thing for every single major speech... the law faculty has a huge focus on indigenous issues. The only class so far that has not mentioned anything about aboriginals have been my contract/property law course. Sadly in the law textbooks its always about a sad story of how mistreated aboriginals are, from the history of being denied citizenship to the story of David Unaipon and issues of aboriginal deaths in police custody. 

Bush tucker jokes never get old. I still pull them on the reg Big Grin

More representation anywhere that's not footy would be fucking great. The footy is an awesome thing, but it shouldn't be the only thing where we're allowed to be successful where people can see.

The sad stuff's all true. I want it acknowledged, but does it have to sound like we're dying off?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a lot of bitching.<br /><br />- The Tao of Wombat
(06-25-2015, 04:25 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: So we already know how much you get taxed, we already know that you're forced to save money, what I want to know is how much more expensive are things over there compared to the states? I could probably just google Big Mac index but fuck you.
we're not 'forced' to save money, it's the employers who are forced to pay into a superannuation account (super). CW has it good, .mil pays 18% of salary Tongue 

Things are generally a good 20-30% more expensive here. Luxury cars are almost 2-3 times as much at the supercar level. 

Vidya games are around 60-70 USD a pop on steam but you can VPN that shit. 

avg weekly grocery bill is around 180 dollars but I've heard from people stateside that our food tastes better in general. 

People generally cook at home, but eating out would cost you roughly around $20 a person at a nice restaurant, we don't tip here so that's nice. 

Rent in Sydney is fucking crazy, it's around 800-900 a week for a three bedroom apt, 600-700 a week for a 2 bedroom at a convenient and relatively new building. 

House prices are reaching 900k median in Sydney. Other major cities have it better though, Melbourne rents are like 30% cheaper. Brisbane you can get a nice house for 400k in a good area. 

Then again the avg income in sydney is around 80k AUD a year. Our min wages are pretty good, people working in resturants and bars should be paid around 23 an hour + super. Every job pays super. 
(06-25-2015, 04:41 AM)Cybargs Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 04:25 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: So we already know how much you get taxed, we already know that you're forced to save money, what I want to know is how much more expensive are things over there compared to the states? I could probably just google Big Mac index but fuck you.
we're not 'forced' to save money, it's the employers who are forced to pay into a superannuation account (super). CW has it good, .mil pays 18% of salary Tongue 

Things are generally a good 20-30% more expensive here. Luxury cars are almost 2-3 times as much at the supercar level. 

avg weekly grocery bill is around 180 dollars but I've heard from people stateside that our food tastes better in general. 

People generally cook at home, but eating out would cost you roughly around $20 a person at a nice restaurant, we don't tip here so that's nice. 

Rent in Sydney is fucking crazy, it's around 800-900 a week for a three bedroom apt, 600-700 a week for a 2 bedroom at a convenient and relatively new building. 

House prices are reaching 900k median in Sydney. Other major cities have it better though, Melbourne rents are like 30% cheaper. Brisbane you can get a nice house for 400k in a good area. 

Then again the avg income in sydney is around 80k AUD a year. Our min wages are pretty good, people working in resturants and bars should be paid around 23 an hour + super. Every job pays super. 

I fucking love my paycheque. Rich fucker in my pimp hat, with my cool toys that go pewpewpew.
(06-25-2015, 04:41 AM)Cybargs Wrote:

It seems to me like that $23 gets eaten alive with all that shit you just described. Holy fuck @ $180 grocery bills. We pay like $120 for three people. 
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
Quote:More representation anywhere that's not footy would be fucking great. The footy is an awesome thing, but it shouldn't be the only thing where we're allowed to be successful where people can see.

I still get the shits when people bitched about Adam Goodes 'war dance'. It really shows who the racists are when they pop their head on the media.

I do honestly hope we can get more Aboriginal MPs and finally a constitutional acknowledgement of Aboriginals and TS islander's as first people's of our nation. I personally think there should be certain seats reserved for aboriginal MP's as they do in Taiwan so they can truly represent aboriginal issues. Or even as Noel Pearson suggests an advisory panel to the executive.

Quote:I fucking love my paycheque. Rich fucker in my pimp hat, with my cool toys that go pewpewpew.

So did you buy your wife a car during xmas Tongue

HCT: That's for a whole family, not per person lol. 180 a week is standard in aus. Chicken and Pork is pretty pricey... 10-14 dollars a KG for breast/thigh and 20+ for pork fillets and chops. Rump steaks are like 10 bucks a kilo though. We usually get really good quality beef. brotatoes are like 1.50 a kilo.

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/specials-offers

Just have a look at our grocery stores you'll get a more accurate picture.
(06-25-2015, 04:49 AM)Cybargs Wrote:
Quote:More representation anywhere that's not footy would be fucking great. The footy is an awesome thing, but it shouldn't be the only thing where we're allowed to be successful where people can see.

I still get the shits when people bitched about Adam Goodes 'war dance'. It really shows who the racists are when they pop their head on the media.

I do honestly hope we can get more Aboriginal MPs and finally a constitutional acknowledgement of Aboriginals and TS islander's as first people's of our nation. I personally think there should be certain seats reserved for aboriginal MP's as they do in Taiwan so they can truly represent aboriginal issues. Or even as Noel Pearson suggests an advisory panel to the executive.  

Quote:I fucking love my paycheque. Rich fucker in my pimp hat, with my cool toys that go pewpewpew.

So did you buy your wife a car during xmas Tongue

HCT: That's for a whole family, not per person lol. 180 a week is standard in aus. Chicken and Pork is pretty pricey... 10-14 dollars a KG for breast/thigh and 20+ for pork fillets and chops. Rump steaks are like 10 bucks a kilo though. We usually get really good quality beef. brotatoes are like 1.50 a kilo.

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/specials-offers

Just have a look at our grocery stores you'll get a more accurate picture.

Pretty much. Our food bill is about that for four people, give or take a bit, and we eat fucking well.

No one ever wants to admit to being a racist cunt, but they'll do it. Oh shit, they might get hurt by an invisible spear!
"To actually run at somebody in a war dance... it actually signifies I want to be violent against you," Brereton said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-30/adam-goodes-indigenous-celebration-sparks-boos/6508968

Yeah and the Kiwis do the Hakka all the fucking time. God some aussies are thick. Well what can you do about AFL fans though Tongue
First of all, welcome back CW. You have been missed. Now strip naked and meet me at the usual place around noon. No lube. I dont even want something as thin as a coating of lubricant to be between us.

I honestly havent known shit about Aboriginals or how things work over there in those regards. What is a good website to read more about it in an accurate light without the stereotypical bullshit packed in to every other sentence? Id like to learn more. But in terms of what you mentioned about surviving so long over there, that IS one of the very few things I gathered. With how much straight up fucking lethal things there are over there, I find it extremely impressive. You would have to be pretty hard to push through that all for so long and not let nature snuff you out of existence.

How common are the emu over there? As in the birds.
(06-25-2015, 06:12 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: First of all, welcome back CW. You have been missed. Now strip naked and meet me at the usual place around noon. No lube. I dont even want something as thin as a coating of lubricant to be between us.

I honestly havent known shit about Aboriginals or how things work over there in those regards. What is a good website to read more about it in an accurate light without the stereotypical bullshit packed in to every other sentence? Id like to learn more. But in terms of what you mentioned about surviving so long over there, that IS one of the very few things I gathered. With how much straight up fucking lethal things there are over there, I find it extremely impressive. You would have to be pretty hard to push through that all for so long and not let nature snuff you out of existence.

How common are the emu over there? As in the birds.

Remember to bring the lacy undies. You know I like those on you.

I'd have to think about the "good website" bit. I don't reckon there is one that'd cover it all properly - I wasn't joking when I said there were hundreds of countries. Take a good long look at this thing, for starters.

http://www.indigenousinstyle.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/aus_map_covered_text_lined.jpg

I'll tell you, but I got a few limits. Anything I could tell you only works for my mob. I'd be no use talking about Warlpiri mob unless it was really general-like, cos it's not my country. Besides...are you asking about history, what it's like now, mythology and dreaming, good movies and books and shit or what? You've kind of gone really broad here!

Stuff I COULD tell you has limits too. Even if you ask specifically about my place, there's stuff that's been lost. There's stuff that elders know but I don't yet, I'm not ready. There's stuff - IMPORTANT stuff - that I flat out can't learn and places I've never been because it's woman's stuff and it's not meant for me. There's stuff that I know, men's business, that I can't tell you cos you're not a man in the way it asks for - you were never initiated, you're not part of the group that gets to have it.

I'll answer if I can, but you actually have to ask a proper question first.

Emus? Scads of em, and they legit don't give a fuck about people. Here's how you get Edwina the Emu to say hello

The Aussie army once fought against emus and lost, cos we're awesome that way. Emu War = best war.
Ive read about those birds a few times. It usually mentions that they are really curious and mostly friendly. People have even said that an emu will sometimes approach them slowly and then give them a soft poke with their beak and then run away right afterwards like they are playing some kind of game. There was a scam going on over here in the late 90s where people were selling them to start farms and advertising them as the next hot thing in "exotic meats" but it collapsed and a lot of people got stuck with them. Some people had them for long enough that the birds had shown personalities and got so used to them that they would walk up to the owners and rest their head on the guys shoulders and show affection. A lot of people just went out and shot them all dead because they didnt know what else to do with them. It made me feel pretty bad hearing about it and still kind of does.

Anyways, I dont know specifically what to ask really about the Aboriginal culture because I dont know where to start. Thats why I was just looking for any info online that you would consider appropriate and wanted to start there. No big deal, but if you come across anything in the future, PM it to me if you would like.
I really like this thread. I am also incredibly saddened and angered over how that little girl was treated.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
Indeed. That shit happens everywhere and its fucking bullshit. A kid could be pretending to be a T Rex and I would play around and run like Im scared of being eaten. What the fuck is wrong with people to where they feel the need to stomp on a kids dream, imagination, or fun like they are trying to put out a camp fire?

Since when was being a kid wrong when you are a kid?

People like that need someone like one of us to witness it so we can follow them and get them alone and put some boots to teeth. Like "bitch when she asks you what happened to your teeth, you tell her that you got disciplined for being mean to the princess......then you fucking apologize".
(06-25-2015, 08:49 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: Ive read about those birds a few times. It usually mentions that they are really curious and mostly friendly. People have even said that an emu will sometimes approach them slowly and then give them a soft poke with their beak and then run away right afterwards like they are playing some kind of game. There was a scam going on over here in the late 90s where people were selling them to start farms and advertising them as the next hot thing in "exotic meats" but it collapsed and a lot of people got stuck with them. Some people had them for long enough that the birds had shown personalities and got so used to them that they would walk up to the owners and rest their head on the guys shoulders and show affection. A lot of people just went out and shot them all dead because they didnt know what else to do with them. It made me feel pretty bad hearing about it and still kind of does.

Anyways, I dont know specifically what to ask really about the Aboriginal culture because I dont know where to start. Thats why I was just looking for any info online that you would consider appropriate and wanted to start there. No big deal, but if you come across anything in the future, PM it to me if you would like.

Yeah, they're kind of dopey. They'll wreck your day if you piss them off, mind - a kick from one of those big legs would have your guts hanging out, so if old man emu really wanted to hurt you he could....and some of his gay relatives the cassowaries WOULD - but mostly all they want to do is find all the most interesting shit in the world and be bestfrans with it. That's why the leg thing works - they see you with your legs in the air, haven't got a clue what you're up to and they're curious so they come over to have a look. Dumb as a stump, but they've never let that stop them poking at everything.

Emu meat's good. Herself makes a pretty good emu pie, since she picked up the habit of ostrich pie in SAfrica and ran with it.

You're kinda falling into the trap I mentioned. You're foreign, so you get a bit more rope before I call you on it, but go back to that map I showed you. How many different groups d'you see? That map only shows the mainland and Tasmania, doesn't include any of the islands, and there are loads.

There are a couple of common threads, like the Rainbow Serpent who pops up everywhere (but doesn't always have the same name or mean the same thing), the bit where calling someone "uncle" or "auntie" doesn't always mean they're your blood, all the history around settlement is near enough universally shit for everyone. Just the same, asking me to tell you about "Aboriginal culture" as a big blanket thing is a bit like asking one of the native lads here to tell you about Native American culture as a blanket thing...you know there's a difference between Navajo and Sioux, and you wouldn't ask as though there wasn't. All those little countries on the map have all got languages, mythologies, societies, rules of their own. They have different calendars, so they're all measuring time differently. They use different tools - not everyone has any history with boomerangs and the ones that do might use different kinds, or the whole thing about the didj only ever being used in a narrow band across the north - to get at different food or make different art. If they're using the same tools or looking at the same animals the language means it's got a different name - my mob used boomerangs for all sorts of shit...but "boomerang" is a Turawal word from around Sydney, and it's basically the only word we DON'T use to talk about "that stick, yanno, the one you throw away and maybe it comes back". We've got about six words for different kinds, and none of em is "boomerang"!

Pick a place to start.
The worst myth I have heard is that aboriginals don't have the concept of private property and their relationship with the land is more of a communal one. It's a bit of a double edge sword because it has implications that aboriginal's don't believe in private property or some shit...

CW: What has your experiences been growing up as an aboriginal youth? I know this is a loaded question but... Were there any issues of over-contact with policing? What are your opinions on the fed govs 'northern territory' emergency?
(06-25-2015, 07:55 PM)Cybargs Wrote: The worst myth I have heard is that aboriginals don't have the concept of private property and their relationship with the land is more of a communal one. It's a bit of a double edge sword because it has implications that aboriginal's don't believe in private property or some shit...

CW: What has your experiences been growing up as an aboriginal youth? I know this is a loaded question but... Were there any issues of over-contact with policing? What are your opinions on the fed govs 'northern territory' emergency?

I've had relatives in and out of jail all my life, loads of cousins and shit. My old man got into all sorts of shit, cos every time he went in into town to do something he'd get munted and cause trouble, and my uncle'd have to go and get him before he tried to punch a magistrate or something retarded like that. The whole reason we lived as remote as we did was to keep Dad away from being tempted by something he couldn't handle. Taking him back to country was a way of trying to clean him up and get his head on right. Didn't work - he had too many monkeys on his back for that - but keeping him out of trouble was the whole point.

It's funny. I've never gotten into serious trouble with the law myself - minor shit, yeah, but nothing big - but I can't remember ever having a time when I didn't know I might. There's definitely a difference in how I'm treated depending on what I'm wearing and how I present. Blackfella in a suit or in uniform gets a lot more lenient treatment and a lot more politeness than blackfella in a Tiger beer shirt, shorts and thongs. Fuck help me if I'm anywhere near a bottleshop or a Centrelink at the time.

Thank FUCK they don't shoot. I wouldn't swap with American blacks for quids!

The intervention....shit man. That just makes me sad.
What do Australians get outraged about on social media?
(06-25-2015, 10:23 PM)CPD Wrote: What do Australians get outraged about on social media?

Our prime minister. 
(06-25-2015, 07:48 PM)CombatWombat Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 08:49 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: Ive read about those birds a few times. It usually mentions that they are really curious and mostly friendly. People have even said that an emu will sometimes approach them slowly and then give them a soft poke with their beak and then run away right afterwards like they are playing some kind of game. There was a scam going on over here in the late 90s where people were selling them to start farms and advertising them as the next hot thing in "exotic meats" but it collapsed and a lot of people got stuck with them. Some people had them for long enough that the birds had shown personalities and got so used to them that they would walk up to the owners and rest their head on the guys shoulders and show affection. A lot of people just went out and shot them all dead because they didnt know what else to do with them. It made me feel pretty bad hearing about it and still kind of does.

Yeah, they're kind of dopey. They'll wreck your day if you piss them off, mind - a kick from one of those big legs would have your guts hanging out, so if old man emu really wanted to hurt you he could....and some of his gay relatives the cassowaries WOULD - but mostly all they want to do is find all the most interesting shit in the world and be bestfrans with it. That's why the leg thing works - they see you with your legs in the air, haven't got a clue what you're up to and they're curious so they come over to have a look. Dumb as a stump, but they've never let that stop them poking at everything.

Emu meat's good. Herself makes a pretty good emu pie, since she picked up the habit of ostrich pie in SAfrica and ran with it.

I should take that as confirmation that you want it put back into rotation?
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.