Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Rants and Raves
I appreciate the kind words. However, I'm active, so I can't say I've ever had that problem, but I can empathize with you. That just sounds like typical run-of-the-mill USMC grade- bullshit. I guess weekend warriors get fucked with too, and quite often by the sound of it. But that's why we're called the few and the proud, because we're stubborn enough to deal with it (though that doesn't mean we like it). Rah?
(03-01-2015, 04:28 PM)damn03 Wrote: nice work, devil! guessing reserves then? it pisses me off that they promote on the last day of drill instead of the first. i was promoted on the 3rd day of a 5day drill weekend in the MN winter on the rifle range. now that im a PLTSGT i make such a fuss to the command to promote my devils the first morning of drill, you cant treat NCOs like that, how do you expect to retain these fucking Marines if you let them ride a weekend out as a Cpl when theyve rated to be a Sgt the whole time??!??!? I FLEX NUTS!!!!! seeing as how i really want to stick around, i want the Marines under me to stick around too, and the best way to do that is to not have them get fucked around by the command. when i had 3 Cpls that were getting promoted to Sgt in an upcoming drill i contacted the I&I and they said "oh, well BN hasnt gotten us their warrants yet." i told them to print out fake dummy warrants and promote them on the first day of drill because they are fucking NCOs getting promoted to Sgts, how do you expect to retain them if theyre always gettig fucked with?, and how they should give a fuck about these devils and whatnot... the 3 Cpls got promoted to Sgt at 0700 that Saturday morning. also, im on the reserve snco selection board for SSgt, if i dont get selected itll be my 2nd P and ill be done with the Corps in November and onto the NG, if i get selected ill be a Marine for a while longer.

tl;dr: damn03's drinking and rambling. 'grats to dotkev on the healthy kid and promotion to Sgt. damn03 actually gives a fuck about his devs
This sounds familiar. I picked up in Afgganistan around Oct/Nov and got my promotion ceremony done around February in my bricks room surrounded by my squad mates. Good times.
Rant: sitting on surveillance for who knows how much longer. Bored out of my mind and I forgot my phone charger in the office. Down to 47% battery already. This is no good.

Rave: sun is out, it's about 30 degrees, things are thawing/starting to melt. Maybe my driveway will finally change from a skating rink back to concrete.
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
Rant: Wife just got her hours cut and may be fired. I just quit my job so I can move to WA next week. Money's going to be tighter than anticipated.
Rave: Hopes are high for a new job soon. 1 interview when I get there, hopefully more.
(09-24-2014, 05:32 AM)damn03 pid=' Wrote:<br />dont question yoss, he knows everything and youre wrong.<br />
(03-02-2015, 03:19 PM)Slinky Wizard Wrote: Sorry I couldn't be of more help before aaryk

It's cool, brother. I have faith it will work out. I've been through tough times before, I'll go through tough times again.  I just have to wade through it, keep everything together and wait for it to turn back to the positive again.
(09-24-2014, 05:32 AM)damn03 pid=' Wrote:<br />dont question yoss, he knows everything and youre wrong.<br />
Rant: I really want this week to be over with, can't wait till next week when I go on leave. That's how bad I want this week to be over with. Plus anyone know any MCIWS I can talk to about if I really really, REALLY wanted to become one?

Rave: Duty recovery day today as a result of Sunday duty (thank you Miramar!)
(03-02-2015, 10:36 PM)damn03 Wrote: regarding MCIWS, where are you stationed again? anyways, youre command would be the ones to send you, youd be TAD i believe

I'm stationed at MCAS Miramar
Rant: Blew up my hot/cold gel pack in the microwave. Back's not getting any relief tonight
Rave: Alternate work schedule got approved so I can take an EMT course
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-03-2015, 04:03 PM)npr Wrote: Rant:  Blew up my hot/cold gel pack in the microwave.  Back's not getting any relief tonight
Rave:  Alternate work schedule got approved so I can take an EMT course

There's this old-timey thing called a, "hot water bottle," which is like a thick rubber bladder, that is used for backache/menstrual cramps/anywhere you want to apply heat. You could probly find one at your local pharmacy. Alternatively, heat up a bunch of uncooked rice and put it in a freezer bag.
Yeah,...So?
(03-03-2015, 04:35 PM)irradiator Wrote:
(03-03-2015, 04:03 PM)npr Wrote: Rant:  Blew up my hot/cold gel pack in the microwave.  Back's not getting any relief tonight
Rave:  Alternate work schedule got approved so I can take an EMT course

There's this old-timey thing called a, "hot water bottle," which is like a thick rubber bladder, that is used for backache/menstrual cramps/anywhere you want to apply heat. You could probly find one at your local pharmacy. Alternatively, heat up a bunch of uncooked rice and put it in a freezer bag.
Or get an electric heat pad so you don't have to put up with your shit getting cool after half an hour, or you know blowing it up again in the microwave.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
I like Slink's idea, sounds most familiar.
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Hell yeah, that regimen is why I am the fine physical specimen that I am today...
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
Rant: Less than 4 hours of sleep. Fucking exhausted. It's finally catching up with me.

Rave: Hump day!
Just a dumb grunt.
Rant: Only a hour and a half into todays shift

Rant: Legs and ass are mega sore

Rave: Today is the last day that I will ever have to wear DB charlies..ever.
Rave: Went to Disneyland, for free, on Monday after work. No lines so we were able to hit all the awesome rides in 3 hours. Boom

Rant: After said Disney trip, we went to downtown Disney for drinks. Sitting down, relaxing and drinking a tiki rum...some homeboy snatches a purse from a few tables behind us and takes off to who knows where. the Drama queen friend of the girl I'm seeing starts in "You're a Marine, you should've went after him!". Well bitch, I'm loungin, didn't even get a good look at the guy and he's long fucking gone. Shut the hell up.
Rant: Been at my best friend's house the past 3 days to help him get his house clean for base housing to inspect. He's moving tomorrow and a good friend, SCA mentor, and one of my ride-or-die homies.

Rave: He's going to move about 4 hours from where I'm moving so we'll still be able to have get togethers and fighter practices at least monthly.
Rant: lady friend has the flu, no sexy times until after drill probably.
Rant: bombed my differential equations test
Rant: broke my phone, home buttons won't work.
What the fuck is going on in my life?
(03-04-2015, 05:11 PM)Slinky Wizard Wrote: It does the trick until the next morning when I receive the yellings

damn bro, you really seem miserable. I am sorry for that. My wife hasn't said anything nice to me since about when our boy was born four months ago. she does put up with a lot of my shit, though, so I appreciate that.
Saru mo ki kara&nbsp; ochiru
Do you know why she's hostile? I think women get like that when they are in a situation they're uncomfortable with, maybe her work keeps her spazzed out?

Before I got married we pretty much never fought. Then when we started living together the sporadic dumb fight would occur which we would quickly forget about. The low point of our relationship was when I was on a SDA and I would barely ever see her. Shit was bad, I'm talking yelling at each other, her being suspicious why I was gone all the time, me just generally being stressed out from work, serious talk about her going back to Japan, and so on. It got a bit better after I could finally take leave after my tour was up, then deploying put us in another tough spot and she demanded constant communication.

Now that we're both together a lot I try to clean up, cook, do all that jazz while she works. I think we're both over the hump as far as dumb fights and we have shown one another that we want this marriage to work. Now whenever we're going to fight about something trivial we just kind of laugh it off and reminisce about stuff we used to do when we were dating. Even though I'd rather do my own shit I'll cuddle up, watch a movie, do something with her.

At any rate try not to forget the reasons why you married each other. If she isn't doing her part to give back then maybe leaving could be an option sometime down the line. I didn't understand it when I was younger but I began to understand firsthand why maintaining an international marriage is such a challenge. Best of luck.
damn03 you're a Fucking Saltdog
(03-04-2015, 05:35 PM)Slinky Wizard Wrote: My wife hasn't said anything nice to me since we got married except when it conveniences her.  I would be pretty much done with the relationship now except kid on the way.  That would be a dick move to bail now.

Damn....   I'm sorry.     

You have nice shoes.    Big Grin
NSFgirl [28|Apr 06:29 AM]: Look, I have 3 holes, and 2 are free to be used. Don't be greedy and expect the 3rd too.
(03-03-2015, 08:32 AM)damn03 Wrote: Normally with a staffed pool of MCIWS nearby there's no need for you to be MCIWS, unless you're in an independent unit that relies on its members to train others, such as recon

Yeah, Miramar is pretty much that, but it's really hard to find the time to talk to them or even find them on base. But I really want to get on it so that I'm actually doing something instead of just sitting on my ass and typing up TAD orders.
Mods must be asleep. Post ponies?
[Image: 6s3rf8.jpg]

Ponies? Like this?
I was thinking MLP FiM but that's acceptable