Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sorry about the spam threads.
yoss likes to argue with too much to ban someone
Quote:Maximilian: At this moment Elk is the coolest
(08-05-2017, 12:14 AM)ElKabong197 Wrote: yoss likes to argue with too much to ban someone

PERMABAN 
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
Arguing cures Yossness......
Vikings MC D37 Desert Racing
Desert Cycle Works 29 Palms
"Raising Grandchildren is Gods way of saying you shouldn't of had kids "
(08-05-2017, 06:21 AM)AKA_HITMAN Wrote: Arguing cures Yossness......

Superban
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
I have to say that Reddit indeed is a big part of the reason I'm no longer active here.  It's just larger, much more active, and covers just about every special interest.  Just the /r/military or /r/USMC Subreddits alone get more traffic than TL does, if you're looking for specific military interests.  And generally (at least the segments of Reddit that I hang out at) avoid a lot of that God awful derp found on social media.  Which helps confirm one major advantage that places like Reddit have over other forms of social media. 

Hell, a couple of my Subreddits are for specifically making fun of those assholes, ala the Social Media Follies thread on here.  Which goes right back to my main point: Reddit is just much more active.

But good fucking God, I still hate how Reddit threads aren't paginated.  And RES doesn't offer the option, either.
I'm gone for a week and the whole world has gone crazy.

Congrats Yoss

...also, please fix my Kabar sword sig
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
(08-07-2017, 11:29 AM)Tikilounge Wrote: I'm gone for a week and the whole world has gone crazy.

Congrats Yoss

...also, please fix my Kabar sword sig

Ka-bar swords are banned.

And it's an issue with your host. Stick the picture on another website.
They've spammed the spam apology thread. Things have gone too far.
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
Yoss seems to have glazed over the part where his generally fucking lame attitude made this place unwelcoming. I think people just got tired of listening to some a perpetual dropout who gets his rocks off on TL because he couldn't make it anywhere else.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
Oh, right. Kinder gentler. Next time someone asks for the answers to their MCIs, we should applaud their initiative.
Nobody loves you scroot.
I love Scrotus.
(08-07-2017, 08:38 PM)First Strike Deadly Wrote: I love Scrotus.

Forbidden love. Banned. 
(08-07-2017, 08:38 PM)First Strike Deadly Wrote: I love Scrotus.

Scrotus is not the same as scrotum.
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
Reddit is cancer for discussion. Not like TL is perfect, but you don't have hoards of users who have nothing to do with the military brigading a thread because hating America is cool right now. Unfortunately, Untied Status Marin Crops offers far better memes without the need of launching into Tapatalk.
(08-08-2017, 06:59 AM)LocomotiveBreath Wrote: Scrotus is not the same as scrotum.

Can't I love both?

(08-08-2017, 07:08 AM)austinjking Wrote: Reddit is cancer for discussion. Not like TL is perfect, but you don't have hoards of users who have nothing to do with the military brigading a thread because hating America is cool right now. Unfortunately, Untied Status Marin Crops offers far better memes without the need of launching into Tapatalk.

Unlike TL, I generally avoid political discussion there, unless it trickles over in to a subreddit that I patronize.  So I thankfully do my best to avoid the absolute cancers of Reddit. 
Ya'll are talking about the TL Forum as if its synonymous with Terminal Lance itself.

TL dominates Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as far as military brands go. It's among the top-tier by a long shot in terms of page interaction and web traffic. It's also among the only one of these brands that specifically caters to active duty military. The issue is that the fun of Terminal Lance has moved over to the 200k follower Instagram where I regularly post story updates and funny shit or the 660k Facebook fan page. Forums are just old school in general and appeal to a subset of more technically minded people.

Unfortunately none of those apps offer a real sense of community or discussion, but that's the nature of things.
instagram and facebook just feel like wading through a sea of shit, its hard to have any sort of discussion with so many people participating imo
Instagram was released the same year as TL. Facebook has been around for 13 years. TL has only been sucking for a year or two. I don't think IG and FB are the reason. 

I can think of other reasons, like when I first started looking at TL strips I was a LCpl or Cpl and could see them at work and talk about/share them with the other boots while we were bored/skating. Nowadays I don't know many young Marines who know what TL is. If they did know they wouldn't be able to check it out while bored at work because the Marine Corps blocks everything.

Also, I think alot of the Marines who were originally into TL just got older and lost interest or EAS'd and lost interest. I can't even remember when was the last time I looked at a strip because they stopped being funny to me so long ago, so another possible issue is that Max (sorry Max) has been out so long that he's lost touch with what's going on in young troop's hearts and minds. 
(08-09-2017, 02:06 AM)Broussard Wrote: Instagram was released the same year as TL. Facebook has been around for 13 years. TL has only been sucking for a year or two. I don't think IG and FB are the reason. 

I can think of other reasons, like when I first started looking at TL strips I was a LCpl or Cpl and could see them at work and talk about/share them with the other boots while we were bored/skating. Nowadays I don't know many young Marines who know what TL is. If they did know they wouldn't be able to check it out while bored at work because the Marine Corps blocks everything.

Also, I think alot of the Marines who were originally into TL just got older and lost interest or EAS'd and lost interest. I can't even remember when was the last time I looked at a strip because they stopped being funny to me so long ago, so another possible issue is that Max (sorry Max) has been out so long that he's lost touch with what's going on in young troop's hearts and minds. 

Again I'm not really sure if you're referring to the TL forum or Terminal Lance as a whole, but they're really not the same things. None of what you said is even anecdotally true, Terminal Lance is bigger than it's ever been and it's because of the support of the junior enlisted active duty Marines. I get about 100 messages a day from INSIDE of the Marine Corps and my numbers are better than everyone else.

If you think TL has lost touch, it's probably because you have lost touch with the junior enlisted.

As for the forum, it's dead because 18-24 year old LCPL's don't use forums, and that is my crowd.

[Image: hbE0ESW.jpg] [Image: VbwW8qP.png]
We need to get those 18-24 year old assholes on here then. And uh yay for being in the 2nd biggest age group I guess?

(08-09-2017, 02:06 AM)Broussard Wrote: Instagram was released the same year as TL. Facebook has been around for 13 years. TL has only been sucking for a year or two. I don't think IG and FB are the reason. 

Thanks Obama!
TL is definitely less angry than when it first started.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
(08-09-2017, 03:31 PM)Semper Scrotus Wrote: TL is definitely less angry than when it first started.

This is true but really more reflective of the military community culture than of me. There's a few reasons for this, most likely first and foremost to the lack of wars going on compared to my time in when everyone was an Iraq or Afghanistan veteran.
(08-09-2017, 10:09 AM)Maximilian Wrote:

Again I'm not really sure if you're referring to the TL forum or Terminal Lance as a whole, but they're really not the same things. None of what you said is even anecdotally true, Terminal Lance is bigger than it's ever been and it's because of the support of the junior enlisted active duty Marines. I get about 100 messages a day from INSIDE of the Marine Corps and my numbers are better than everyone else.

If you think TL has lost touch, it's probably because you have lost touch with the junior enlisted.

As for the forum, it's dead because 18-24 year old LCPL's don't use forums, and that is my crowd.

[Image: hbE0ESW.jpg] [Image: VbwW8qP.png]

Yes, I thought we were talking about the forum's level of activity. 

For what it's worth I'm DEFINITELY out of touch. I lat moved a year and a half ago and since then haven't had any junior Marines directly in my charge. Prior to that (2016) TL wasn't a thing Marines talked about like it had been a few years earlier. 

At least the instatwitbook is charging on.
(08-10-2017, 03:48 AM)Valentinajes Wrote: Видеонаблюдение купить - http://penza-press.ru/zakazivaem-oxrannue-sistemu.dhtm
Интересная статья от ПрофТехБезпека по видеонаблюдению. Рекомендую. <a href="http://penza-press.ru/zakazivaem-oxrannue-sistemu.dhtm">Видеонаблюдение купить</a>

God fucking damn it
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(08-09-2017, 03:39 PM)Maximilian Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 03:31 PM)Semper Scrotus Wrote: TL is definitely less angry than when it first started.

This is true but really more reflective of the military community culture than of me. There's a few reasons for this, most likely first and foremost to the lack of wars going on compared to my time in when everyone was an Iraq or Afghanistan veteran.

A Marine Corps that doesn't hate the Marine Corps? Gross, I'm glad I'm getting out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk