Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.17 Average
Today I Learned...
Today I learned that Goldman Sachs controls nearly a trillion dollars in assets. 

The point of this thread is to talk about things you've learned today.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
TIL there are two cups that are faster than all the others on the Mad Tea Party ride in Disneyland

[Image: themoreyouknowshootingstar_zps9ddf9000.gif]
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
Today I learned that a bent clutch pedal on a 1996 Jeep Cherokee will in fact cause the clutch to NOT disengage.
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

Today I learned that if you wanted to maintain an erection in space it wouldn't happen because your blood pressure is so low.
waitaminute,

You mean that astro and cosmo bros can't ?
Well that sux.

I learned today that even after all this time, that I cannot have an intelligent, adult conversation with the X wife
about the well being of our kids without her starting the childish, trash talking.
Guess thats what I get for having full custodySmile

That was a fucked up, childish thing for me to say ^^^

Yeah, I do feel bad about it.

I mean really,
With all of the advancements in technology that we have in this high tech world you would think that someone some how would have figured out how to fix it so that those poor guys on the ISS could at least get some relief.
Today I learned that there's a small town in Southern Germany, which during WWII, was considered the "most German of German towns" by the Nazi Party. It was a well perserved medieval town with cobblestone streets, a wall surrounding it, and these half timbered gingerbread houses. The Nazi's organized field trips for their officers and top enlisted to this town (it was in Southern Germany) because they held it in such high regard and believed it demonstrated the perfect German existence. The residents of the town were also hardcore Nazi supporters.

Fast forward to 1945; the U.S. Assistant Secretary of War instructed Gen Jacob Devers to attempt to take the town without artillery IOT perserve the town due to its historical significance and aesthetics. Battalion Commander Major Francis Burke (MoH recipient) sent 3 officers and 3 enlisted from the 12th Infantry Regiment to enter the town and negotiate the surrender with the German officers occupying the town. He gave them 3 hours, or the town would be leveled by bombs. They successfully surrenderd the town without dropping artillery. After the war, the citizens of said town rebuilt due to the destruction it endured during the war using funds which came in from around the world.

Picture of said town:

[Image: ROTHENBURG--MORNING-ROTHENBURG_GERMANY_1...1318459635]
Victim of the negative karma bugger
If I was an astronaut and I couldn't beat it I would go on a space walk without any PPE.
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

[Image: octoCookie_zps30dh4gn8.jpg]
That you can put a chicken and waffles business in a Mormon town and it will do awesome
Ephesians 2:8-10

You can lie, but your boner can't 

Gabe/Gall/SHS
TIL the German town described by Frankie is Rothenburg ob der Tauber Smile
Today I learned that getting road head is the best way to drive.
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

[Image: octoCookie_zps30dh4gn8.jpg]
TIL the NES was originally gonna be called the AVS and be totally different
[Image: Nintendo_AVS_display_case_(high_front_side_angle).jpg]
[Image: 55PMbQd.png]
(03-20-2015, 08:24 PM)Strongheartsociety Wrote: That you can put a chicken and waffles business in a Mormon town and it will do awesome

(03-20-2015, 08:35 PM)Tikilounge Wrote: TIL the German town described by Frankie is Rothenburg ob der Tauber Smile

TIL the name of said town
Victim of the negative karma bugger
You guys remember that news story from a while back about the handsome Chinese man who successfully sued his wife because of their ugly kids? http://elitedaily.com/news/world/man-china-wrong-suing-wife-ugly/

Today I learned that it was a hoax http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/uglybaby.asp
TIL that dietary cholesterol (cholesterol you eat) does NOT influence serum cholesterol (cholesterol in your bloodstream).
Which means that all all y'all who eat eggs like a bodybuilder/Gaston are all good.
Fisher Price: My First Timberlands
Shit don't change 'till you get up and wash your ass
TIL Handi is actually professional wrestler Daniel Bryan

[Image: 894px-DanielBryan2013.jpg]

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Is that a steroids gut?

Gabe/Gall/SHS
On a pro wrestler? No way! Smile
(03-27-2015, 09:27 AM)Strongheartsociety Wrote: Is that a steroids gut?

My uncle always told me to look at their pecs for steroid use signs.. There would be extra fat around their nipples that hadn't burned off with the growth of the muscle.

Who knows.

I wish I looked like that without a shirt on.
Just a dumb grunt.
The HGH gut and gynecomastia

Gabe/Gall/SHS
This is not reddit. Why is this thread a reddit subreddit.
TIL OP is a bugger.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
(03-27-2015, 01:18 PM)samstobacco Wrote: This is not reddit. Why is this thread a reddit subreddit.

I don't use reddit  Tongue
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
YIL, Hot sauce doesnt mix well with beer.
Fuckin heartburn

Gabe/Gall/SHS
(03-20-2015, 05:22 PM)Bozzy Wrote: Today I learned that if you wanted to maintain an erection in space it wouldn't happen because your blood pressure is so low.

Today I learned you can't make a chick conceive in space. Well there goes THAT idea...
Looks like somebody here hasn't seen The Uranus Experiment: Part Two
Or asked how the crew of STS-47 passed the time.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters