Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
You Rage You Lose
(05-21-2017, 05:16 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: You're damn right I'm going to believe my own eyes and experiences instead of "data" collected by people with a bias, selling a narrative for profit, or who are connected to a government agency. If you believe the govt, a special interest group, or the media over what your own senses tell you, then you're a fucking idiot.

"We have investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong," right?

Except, you know, an agency compiling and releasing statistics of their own operations that paints them in an unflattering light doesn't do much to further their own agenda.

And it's pretty easy to fool the senses, because of your own individual biases filtering your experiences and the malleability of memory.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
And those sources you cited? All data collected by people like us and suceptible to the same biases. Additionally, they're being paid to find certain results. It's all a sham, man. The sooner you wake up to that the better off you'll be.
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
(05-21-2017, 06:33 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: And those sources you cited?  All data collected by people like us and suceptible to the same biases. Additionally, they're being paid to find certain results. It's all a sham, man. The sooner you wake up to that the better off you'll be.

Three different government agencies, two politically opposed media outlets, and multiple NGOs?

That's a lot of dedication for this conspiracy, bruh.
Was it put together by the same team that faked the moon landing?
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
(05-21-2017, 06:35 PM)Yossarian Wrote: That's a lot of dedication for this conspiracy, bruh.
Was it put together by the same team that faked the moon landing?

No dude, they staged 9/11 to take our guns away.

This right here is the fucking problem with contemporary American conservatism.  Once the facts come out, then it's all "I believe what I know more/flawed statistics to push an agenda/etc".

Or wait a minute, Silverado: Does this validate the disenfranchised minority who believes that cops do not protect him due to the rampant abuses of power that they "always see"?  Or do you now understand the problem with personal anecdotes when they don't validate the whole of the empirical research (such as what you were presented with above)?
Not conspiracy. Willful ignorance. Unwillingness on a grand scale to be truthful. Devotion on a national level towhat the popular opinion of the hour is, instead of to accuracy and truth.

Have either of you ever been involved in a news worthy event and then either A: found it to go unreported the next day or B: found five differing accounts that all conflict with what you directly witnessed? How can you trust sources that so consistently get things wrong?
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
(05-21-2017, 07:56 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: Not conspiracy. Willful ignorance. Unwillingness on a grand scale to be truthful.  Devotion on a national level towhat the popular opinion of the hour is, instead of to accuracy and truth.

Have either of you ever been involved in a news worthy event and then either A: found it to go unreported the next day or B: found five differing accounts that all conflict with what you directly witnessed?  How can you trust sources that do consistently get things wrong?

So if I witness unwarranted police violence, but it goes ignored and unreported because of hero worship, all cops are thugs?

That's kind of the point in seeking out multiple sources. THE GOVERNMENT LIES TO US so I include NGOs and newsmedia.
FAKE NEWS so I include NGOs and .gov.
NGOS ALL HAVE AN AGENDA so I include newsmedia and .gov
(05-21-2017, 07:56 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: Not conspiracy. Willful ignorance. Unwillingness on a grand scale to be truthful.  Devotion on a national level towhat the popular opinion of the hour is, instead of to accuracy and truth.

Have either of you ever been involved in a news worthy event and then either A: found it to go unreported the next day or B: found five differing accounts that all conflict with what you directly witnessed?  How can you trust sources that so consistently get things wrong?

And yet, we have entire websites devoted to debunking popular misconceptions brought on by the media and word of mouth.  And what's the response?  "Liberal lies".  Yet the fake news epidemic is spearheaded by ultra-conservative douchebags by about a 10-to-1 ratio to liberals [citation needed].

Here you are presented with thoroughly researched and documented facts, and you refuse to accept them.  Have you done any valid research?  And I mean, valid research, not anecdotes?  Have you aggregated any data on this whatsoever nationwide?  Because you see, the scientific method wasn't created to give a liberal bias.  So if you get "left-leaning" answers, then they're probably the truth, and you need to learn how to cope with that.

Shaq joked about this very thing (but people took it seriously, as he said it during the resurgence of the Flat Earthers): "I traveled across the country several times, and the Earth seems flat to me". This is how you sound when you say that "facts be damned, I believe what I see".
(05-21-2017, 06:33 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: And those sources you cited?  All data collected by people like us and suceptible to the same biases. Additionally, they're being paid to find certain results. It's all a sham, man. The sooner you wake up to that the better off you'll be.

Hey man, I know the perfect website for you to debate in. These guys love the answer of "Nuh uh, if I didn't witness it myself then it isn't real. All the previous 100's of years of research and discovery are fake/conspiracy".

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/
Thanks Obama!
My daughter recently voted in her class that chocolate chip cookies are better than Oreos.
Discipline is in order
Ephesians 2:8-10

You can lie, but your boner can't 

Gabe/Gall/SHS
She's wrong, Chocolate chip with raisins all day.
(05-22-2017, 08:25 AM)Strongheartsociety Wrote: My daughter recently voted in her class that chocolate chip cookies are better than Oreos.
Discipline is in order

Wait til she discovers 'infused' choco-chips...
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
(05-22-2017, 08:32 AM)oldwinger Wrote: She's wrong, Chocolate chip with raisins all day.

You're  wrong because  raisins  are wrong
You'll have to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants.

F18WrenchMonkey: NSF is grand master champion at being apathetic
(05-22-2017, 12:06 PM)NSFgirl Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 08:32 AM)oldwinger Wrote: She's wrong, Chocolate chip with raisins all day.

Except for cinnamon raisin bagels. 
Other than that, raisins are heresy. 
(05-22-2017, 12:07 PM)Yossarian Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 12:06 PM)NSFgirl Wrote:

Except for cinnamon raisin bagels. 
Other than that, raisins are heresy. 

You know what's better than cinnamon raisin bagels? Cinnamon bagels.
USMCRs Finest [26|Mar 09:11 AM]: I don't mind the bukkake, but some of the other shit is crazy.<br /><br />Plot twist: he is actually Taliban.-ReRun0369

The only thing better than golden double stuffed Oreos would be a bathtub made of titties.
Ephesians 2:8-10

You can lie, but your boner can't 

Gabe/Gall/SHS
I'm sorry Men....Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Carry on.
Vikings MC D37 Desert Racing
Desert Cycle Works 29 Palms
"Raising Grandchildren is Gods way of saying you shouldn't of had kids "
(05-21-2017, 02:42 PM)First Strike Deadly Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 02:26 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Yeah it's not actually data unless a liberal is the one witnessing and writing shit down in a "scientific" manner.

Aherp...watching things happen...documenting them...aggregating data...that's called the scientific method.

We know that you conservatives are terrified of science, what with it explaining things that don't fit your personal viewpoint.  But nonetheless, it provides real answers.  Which is more than you've provided.

Yeah.
Watching it happen. Documenting it. Compiling it...
That's what officer ginger fuck just did.
Every piece of data everywhere is a fucking anecdote.
Just because it isn't published doesn't mean it isn't scientific.
Now Mick's experience and my experience are only relevant to our specific geographical location.
There's much more to it than, "He caught the maximum charge allowed cause he's black!"
Things like, this black guy lives in a shithole, associates with shitbags, has a rap sheet that started when he was 4 y/o, etc all influence these decisions.
If you'd take your hippy hair covered head out of your ass and engage me in discussion you would know I'm not a conservative and I also loathe our entire CJ system and the way it fucks over poor people.
Like homeboy gets probation for murder and I know guys in pound me in the ass prison for having a fat sack of weed. 
(05-22-2017, 03:05 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 02:26 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Yeah it's not actually data unless a liberal is the one witnessing and writing shit down in a "scientific" manner.

Aherp...watching things happen...documenting them...aggregating data...that's called the scientific method.

We know that you conservatives are terrified of science, what with it explaining things that don't fit your personal viewpoint.  But nonetheless, it provides real answers.  Which is more than you've provided.

Yeah.
Now Mick's experience and my experience are only relevant to our specific geographical location.
There's much more to it than, "He caught the maximum charge allowed cause he's black!"
Things like, this black guy lives in a shithole, associates with shitbags, has a rap sheet that started when he was 4 y/o, etc all influence these decisions.
If you'd take your hippy hair covered head out of your ass and engage me in discussion you would know I'm not a conservative and I also loathe our entire CJ system and the way it fucks over poor people.
Like homeboy gets probation for murder and I know guys in pound me in the ass prison for having a fat sack of weed. 

You're both wrong because you're white.
(05-22-2017, 01:25 PM)Strongheartsociety Wrote:

The only thing better than golden double stuffed Oreos would be a bathtub made of titties.

I can wrap my mind around bathtub boobies. Bathtub bubble bath boobies.
(05-22-2017, 03:05 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote:

Yeah.

ihateblackppl is surprisingly eloquent today.
Guess he's lucky Mick isn't certified as a drug recognition whatever.

Also, being poor is a choice.
You could have just been born white and rich.
(05-22-2017, 03:05 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Watching it happen. Documenting it. Compiling it...

Could've fooled me, considering 9/10 viewpoints you've espoused on here are conservative.

And did you seriously not read anything else that I said?  ONE fucking person compiling data doesn't account for shit, unless that data is for "Crime and punishment in [x] region, bumfuck town, USA".

Quote:Just because it isn't published doesn't mean it isn't scientific.

Actually, that's exactly what it means.  Also, what make you think that Silverado's anecdotes about blacks getting lenient sentences aren't published?  Did it ever occur to you that it is published, but even so, there's still a huge racial disparity? 

Quote:Every piece of data everywhere is a fucking anecdote.

Uh, no. 

Anecdotal evidence is an informal account of evidence in the form of an anecdote. The term is often used in contrast to scientific evidence, as evidence that cannot be investigated using the scientific method. The problem with arguing based on anecdotal evidence is that anecdotal evidence is not necessarily typical; only statistical evidence can determine how typical something is. Misuse of anecdotal evidence is an informal fallacy.

Quote:Things like, this black guy lives in a shithole, associates with shitbags, has a rap sheet that started when he was 4 y/o, etc all influence these decisions.

And if you bothered to read any of those Google links, you'd see that the data said "Even for first time offenders".  I mean, it's right there. Seriously right there.  It's right fucking there.  I mean, it couldn't be any more fucking blatantly in front of your face with a Google search.  It's right fucking there.  I mean, right fucking there.
Where?
Right fucking there
Sorry bruh, I don't see jack shit. Must be my hippy sailor hair.
Thanks Obama!
If right is fucking there, then who's on first?
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.