Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
You Rage You Lose
(04-11-2017, 06:07 AM)stresser Wrote:
Quote:She then travelled to the US and had no issue taking it off to be identified at the border... 

You mean Y'all don't make your Muslim's take off their Niquab's to be identified?
[Image: 1gx2st.jpg]
OH YOU!

[Image: qVbUArb.gif?noredirect]

(04-13-2017, 02:39 AM)ah8176 Wrote:
Quote:She then travelled to the US and had no issue taking it off to be identified at the border... 

You mean Y'all don't make your Muslim's take off their Niquab's to be identified?

In this case, prior to the swearing in ceremony, she had to reveal her face to a female officer of the court, in private.

So essentially it comes down to someone figuratively pissing on the idea of a swearing in ceremony by hiding their identity while swearing in, which by its definition is a public statement identifying yourself to Canada and swearing to support our ideals. At this point swearing in is just a quaint tradition with no real meaning.

Her refusal to remove it to be sworn in shows she has no intention of integrating, but then if we forced the issue all that would change is we wouldn't know she's going to refuse to integrate.
Small Empires make little people feel big
(04-19-2017, 08:40 AM)stresser Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 02:39 AM)ah8176 Wrote:

In this case, prior to the swearing in ceremony, she had to reveal her face to a female officer of the court, in private.

So essentially it comes down to someone figuratively pissing on the idea of a swearing in ceremony by hiding their identity while swearing in, which by its definition is a public statement identifying yourself to Canada and swearing to support our ideals. At this point swearing in is just a quaint tradition with no real meaning.

Her refusal to remove it to be sworn in shows she has no intention of integrating, but then if we forced the issue all that would change is we wouldn't know she's going to refuse to integrate.

Looks like you're assigning some srs bzns meaning to that no real meaning thing.
Would you make a Jew remove his yarmulke because gentlemen uncover while indoors?
Would you make a Sikh get a haircut so he can look normal (and integrate)?

The identity of the individual for the purposes of the paperwork was confirmed in a manner the individual and the court was comfortable with.
I could give two shits if an individual wants to take an oath while tied in a trash bag at that point- the state has positively identified the person in that trash bag, and until such point as the trash bag is removed from the secured area may be considered to be that confirmed person.

But the actual swearing in itself is pretty stupid, anyway. It's like saying you don't really graduate unless you walk down the aisle, take, shake (and salute, depending). Fuck off, course requirements were still met. You're not any less the thing for the lack of a ceremony.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
The second bolding is reinforcing the first bolding. Because B, A is true.

The examples you give are not meant to be a complete barrier between them and the rest of the country. The Niquab, a form of Hijab is.

Hijab translates directly as barrier. There is a level of absurdity to swear to be a member of the country while wearing a barrier specifically to separate yourself from it. Especially since that garment is solidly cultural not religious.

She tied up the courts arguing a falsehood, that it was religious, and demanded to be able to wear it during the ceremony. Then a week after she secured the supreme court's approval, she shed it as soon as she wanted to go to the US.

If it was such a big issue, she should have fought for the right to not have to remove it to go to the US. She fought the country she's swearing to be a member of to wear it, then capitulated to another the instant was inconvenient.

I have to restate this because the absurd hypocrisy is astounding. It was so important to her that she be allowed to wear it during the swearing in, she initiated a supreme court challenge on religious grounds, but going to a shopping trip in the US was more important than that, so she took it off. It's not much of a leap to assume she has no intent to integrate.

Either she's nucking futs, or she was exploiting the left to subvert our laws to submit to her demands.
Small Empires make little people feel big
Facebook comments talking about how they feel sorry for Aaron Hernandez.

If this dude didn't play football NO ONE would give a shit about him hanging himself.
He was a piece of shit, but attractive and a bad boy, so bitches be mirin
Fuck Hernandez, He made his choices and could not face up to the consequences.
Any sympathy I have goes to his kid, she has to grow up with his shitty choices.
(04-19-2017, 12:23 PM)Deja Entendu Wrote: Facebook comments talking about how they feel sorry for Aaron Hernandez.

If this dude didn't play football NO ONE would give a shit about him hanging himself.

[Image: Dm0Llls.jpg]
Ephesians 2:8-10

You can lie, but your boner can't 

Gabe/Gall/SHS
Goodell wouldn't suspend him, so he suspended himself.
[Image: military_signature-1.png]
First completion in 3 years.

The only person I feel sorry for is his daughter.

I remember the week before he pulled this shit the articles I saw pop up where he was waving to her and blowing kisses at her when he came into the courtroom and then, like it was the next day, bitch was dead in his cell. My first thought was, "Fuck man.. his kid is going to take this hard."

Of course, knee jerk, I have no idea what their relationship was.
Just a dumb grunt.
Oh look, another privileged White male getting a slap on the wrist for horrible shit.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/05/19/nolan-bruder-rape-sentence/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Because people of other races don't get bullshit sentences for horrific crimes.

Just watched some thug ass black guy get 3 years probation for unlawfully discharging a firearm after walking up to homeboy and shooting him in the back....which killed him.
Axe me about bullshit judges handing out bullshit sentences.
(05-20-2017, 06:21 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: Axe me about bullshit judges handing out bullshit sentences.

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/rome/news/local/man-still-serving-time-for-violating-probation-by-being-arrested/article_ecef4f12-629a-11e6-a2c6-b328edb1ad2c.html
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
(05-20-2017, 08:35 AM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Because people of other races don't get bullshit sentences for horrific crimes.

Just watched some thug ass black guy get 3 years probation for unlawfully discharging a firearm after walking up to homeboy and shooting him in the back....which killed him.

Because it's not a well-documented FACT that minorities receive disproportionately HARSHER sentences than whites for similar crimes. Nevermind that, you saw something once.
Well documented by who? I see judges hammer whites every day while letting blacks off with probation sentences for the same crimes white people commit. Every day. For about 11 years now. That's not anecdote anymore, that's data, and it's not recorded or reported on because it doesn't fit the narrative.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=minorities+disproportionate+sentencing

Let me also add that being a cop doesn't necessarily qualify your opinion.  I have a cop friend who used to post on Facebook about how the world was getting worse because of the crimes that he saw.  The actual truth was the complete opposite. 

I can only say it until I'm blue in the face: Personal anecdotes have no place in debate.
"In his confession, he said that his sister had refused to have sex with him. He said that he gave his sister high-potency marijuana known as ‘dabs’ to smoke, until she was so stoned she could no longer recognize him as her brother." That's some serious THC right there.
USMCRs Finest [26|Mar 09:11 AM]: I don't mind the bukkake, but some of the other shit is crazy.<br /><br />Plot twist: he is actually Taliban.-ReRun0369
(05-21-2017, 11:13 AM)silverado_mick Wrote: Well documented by who? I see judges hammer whites every day while letting blacks off with probation sentences for the same crimes white people commit. Every day. For about 11 years now. That's not anecdote anymore, that's data, and it's not recorded or reported on because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Well, no. That's still very much anecdote. 
Unless you're testifying as the arresting officer in every trial nationwide at every hearing. 
Like if I say that traffic accidents are down nationwide because they're down in nyc after we implemented a citywide 25mph speed limit-
They're actually rising everywhere else, we're the exception. But I need more than the one local dataset to see that (interestingly though, pedestrian deaths are up). 
The reverse is also true Yaws. Just because black ppl get harsher sentences in NYC doesn't mean it is the same everywhere.
Yeah it's not actually data unless a liberal is the one witnessing and writing shit down in a "scientific" manner.
(05-21-2017, 02:26 PM)5.9lcummins Wrote: Yeah it's not actually data unless a liberal is the one witnessing and writing shit down in a "scientific" manner.

Aherp...watching things happen...documenting them...aggregating data...that's called the scientific method.

We know that you conservatives are terrified of science, what with it explaining things that don't fit your personal viewpoint. But nonetheless, it provides real answers.  Which is more than you've provided.
(05-21-2017, 01:34 PM)silverado_mick Wrote: The reverse is also true Yaws. Just because black ppl get harsher sentences in NYC doesn't mean it is the same everywhere.
Official gubmint
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fsd0512.pdf
http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/research-and-publications/research-projects-and-surveys/miscellaneous/15-year-study/chap4.pdf
http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/news/congressional-testimony-and-reports/booker-reports/2012-booker/Part_E.pdf

Non-official, but govt funded
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208129.pdf

Dirty commie pinko leftist librul media
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/141027_iachr_racial_disparities_aclu_submission_0.pdf
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/08/racial_disparities_in_the_criminal_justice_system_eight_charts_illustrating.html
http://www.sentencingproject.org/issues/racial-disparity/

Evil Nazi redneck racist right wing propaganda
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002
Oh wait. That one still backs this up.

Would you like more sources?
Or are the feds and the feds and the feds and the govt watchdogs and govt watchdogs and oppositionally slanted media agencies all low-down good for nothin' lying liars and ain't nobody gonna tell you different from what your own eyes is seent?
You're damn right I'm going to believe my own eyes and experiences instead of "data" collected by people with a bias, selling a narrative for profit, or who are connected to a government agency. If you believe the govt, a special interest group, or the media over what your own senses tell you, then you're a fucking idiot.