Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All About Hair
Well I read the descriptions of the their fiber, pomade, and whatever the other one was and chose the one that said strong hold and low shine.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
Watch some vids, and learn how to use paste to style.  I love Slikhaar TV (in case you are wondering about their accent, they are in Denmark)

revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
(09-13-2015, 12:22 AM)ashleysummer Wrote: Quote
"What are some styling tips for fine, straight hair that you can offer? A friend of mine is interested in exploring her options, especially in terms of braided styles that will actually stay in place."

I have thin and straight hair so, I decided to get a bob haircut like this
[Image: Jenny-Garth-Messy-Shaggy-Hairstyles-with-Bangs-2014.jpg]
I am only hestitating whether to get highlights or not. I picked this haicut  here .

Are you a redhead?
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

[Image: octoCookie_zps30dh4gn8.jpg]
One my friends is paralyzed in one arm and as such, struggles to comb her hair. Sometimes it gets into big knots.

Can you recommend a technique or a product that might help her with the issue?

I'm not sure if I asked this before, so forgive me if I have, because I've forgotten what you replied:

I've seen a lot of braid tutorials online that look great in the pictures but are difficult to put actually do. Can you recommend ones that are easy to do but look good?
(02-02-2016, 06:17 AM)CivilianChick Wrote: One my friends is paralyzed in one arm and as such, struggles to comb her hair. Sometimes it gets into big knots.

I'm not sure if I asked this before, so forgive me if I have, because I've forgotten what you replied:

I've seen a lot of braid tutorials online that look great in the pictures but are difficult to put actually do. Can you recommend ones that are easy to do but look good?

I got this for my daughter, and while it's not magic, there is a noticeable difference in the ease of brushing her hair in comparison to the brushes we used to use.

http://www.amazon.com/Tangle-Teezer-Salon-Elite-Pink/dp/B00264NW7G

I've also hear good things about them fancy $100 horse hair (or some kind of animal hair) combs, but I'm not willing to spend that much to find out.
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
(02-02-2016, 06:28 AM)Wongtastic Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 06:17 AM)CivilianChick Wrote: One my friends is paralyzed in one arm and as such, struggles to comb her hair. Sometimes it gets into big knots.

I got this for my daughter, and while it's not magic, there is a noticeable difference in the ease of brushing her hair in comparison to the brushes we used to use.

http://www.amazon.com/Tangle-Teezer-Salon-Elite-Pink/dp/B00264NW7G

I've also hear good things about them fancy $100 horse hair (or some kind of animal hair) combs, but I'm not willing to spend that much to find out

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to pass that along to her.

Spray It's a 10 leave-in conditioner, and comb w/ a wide-toothed comb. Don't brush wet hair or you'll cause breakage.

Lilith Moon has a lot of hair tutorials on YouTube.
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
(02-02-2016, 06:35 PM)Taz Wrote:

Spray It's a 10 leave-in conditioner, and comb w/ a wide-toothed comb. Don't brush wet hair or you'll cause breakage.

Lilith Moon has a lot of hair tutorials on YouTube.

Wait so...you shouldn't even brush wet hair with a hard bristle brush? I knew soft bristle brushes were bad for wet hair but I wasn't aware that any brushing was bad for wet hair, period.

Are there any other common mistakes with hair care that people make that you can share with us?
(02-03-2016, 10:18 AM)CivilianChick Wrote: Are there any other common mistakes with hair care that people make that you can share with us

For ladies w/ long hair, you only need a nickel-sized amount of shampoo, and apply it on/near the scalp, and work it in. Do the opposite w/ conditioner. Apply it to the ends where it's needed, and work up. I don't apply any more conditioner near my scalp than the residue that's on my fingers from applying on the ends. Tack your hair up in the shower with a barrette and let the conditioner do it's thing. Last thing to do in the shower is rinse out the conditioner.
Do not rub your hair dry w/ a towel. Like leaning to the side and drying it. Just wrap it w/a towel, or comb it and leave it.
If you can, let your hair dry naturally. If you need to style it in the morning before work, apply a heat-protect product to the ends. Don't use your hair dryer on high blast; just medium will do the job. Don't use a brush to style wet hair until the hair is about 75% dry, or it'll take too long to style. The cold setting on a dryer is to set it. Say you're drying your bangs w/ a round brush; dry it w/ the heat, then keep the brush in place, and put the cold air on it to set.
Bleach and chemical hair straightener are the worst chemicals to put in your hair. Do conditioning treatments if you want to go blonde, and don't overdo. Also home box color looks cheap, and you just end up looking like trailer trash. If you saw samples/ hair swatches of box color v professional color, you'd see how awful box color looks.
Find out what is a good color for you! Hair and makeup and wardrobe. DO NOT go blonde because you think it will make you look younger. I am so sick of seeing older ladies out there w/ blonde and it's the wrong color.
Ask your hairstylist for the right style to complement the shape of your face. If you have a round face, it doesn't make much sense to have a style that's like a bob, or your head will look even rounder; go with longer hair, and not full on the sides.
If you have a long face, have your hair shorter, and wear bangs, or wear glasses to help square it off. They have glasses w/ just plain lenses that are worn as an accessory.
Use product to enhance your style. If your hair is flat, just spray in some beach spray, then style. It'll give your hair some texture, and will hold a style.
Professional products, like shampoo and conditioner and styling stuff is expensive because it's superior to shit like Prell which dries out your hair, and strips color like a mofo. If you get a color at the salon, use the shampoos that your stylist recommends. It will keep your color from fading. Who wants to plunk down some hefty cash for a good color job, and just go home and strip it w/ dime store shampoo?!

Guys shouldn't be afraid to use product in their hair. There's a lot of products out there; just ask your stylist or barber.
Have good communication w/ your stylist. It's okay to bring in a picture of what style you like, and ask how to achieve that look at home. Ask your barber about the latest in shaving supplies. There's more to shaving than Barbasol.
So I recently got my hair cut to just below the shoulder. Problem is my hair is really thick and now that it's all the same length with no layers, it's pretty heavy on the ends and doesn't look good when it's all down and I don't have at least some of it tied up. What kind of layers would you recommend I get? I don't really know shit about the different kinds of layers apart from the basics.
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

(04-29-2016, 05:58 AM)maggie_h Wrote: So I recently got my hair cut to just below the shoulder. Problem is my hair is really thick and now that it's all the same length with no layers, it's pretty heavy on the ends and doesn't look good when it's all down and I don't have at least some of it tied up. What kind of layers would you recommend I get? I don't really know shit about the different kinds of layers apart from the basics.

[Image: 3-medium-length-haircut-with-long-layers...om=3&w=500]
How about some long layers so it's not so heavy in the back?
Cut the front so your bangs are long; about to just above your chin, then the back to below ur shoulders. 
She could go over the ends with a razor so it's not blunt.
Anyone get a hair tattoo from HeadPower Hair clinic in Toronto? I heard it looks 100% realistic