Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All About Hair
(09-02-2015, 04:52 AM)CivilianChick Wrote: What are some styling tips for fine, straight hair that you can offer? A friend of mine is interested in exploring her options, especially in terms of braided styles that will actually stay in place.

You could do a wispy look around the face (no need to lop off the back so damn short though. I dislike bobs because they scream "you're getting old, so chop off all your fucking hair")
Since ur hair is already fine, the stylist wouldn't have to cut it with a razor around the perimeter.
Ask your stylist about some root lifting product. Lanza has a good root lifter. And blow dry your hair with your head upside down.
[Image: short-bob-hairstyles-for-thin-fine-hair.jpg?h=360]

Another option is some loose beach waves.
Probably won't last long w/out a good finishing spray.
[Image: medium-hairstyles-for-thin-hair-with-ban...h2o8oc.jpg]
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
So I did that undercut thing. It looked nice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpog0zk8fdkeaea/20150828_180842.jpg?dl=0
Drunk Uncle PI
[quote dateline='1396713068']
Caught internet VD a few times.
[/quote]
Thanks Taz, I'll be sure to pass that along to my friend.
(09-02-2015, 01:19 PM)Ballsy McGee Wrote: So I did that undercut thing. It looked nice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpog0zk8fdkeaea/20150828_180842.jpg?dl=0

Looks awesome !

I like it so much better than the longer style you had before. 
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
Whats the best way to recognize someone wearing a wig? I ask because I like to snatch them off and run.
(09-04-2015, 04:29 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: Whats the best way to recognize someone wearing a wig? I ask because I like to snatch them off and run.

Sneak into a sci-fi convention with a forged pass. You'll see plenty of cosplayers wearing colorful wigs. Generally good quality ones too, not the crummy Halloween ones that get all tangled up and the hair falls out when you brush them.

You should be able to escape security if you're fast enough.
Isn't half the fun in the not knowing, and the discovering of it's-a-wig/it's-not-a-wig in the immediate aftermath of having yanked on a stranger's hair?
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

(09-04-2015, 04:29 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: Whats the best way to recognize someone wearing a wig? I ask because I like to snatch them off and run.

Look at the part. You won't see their scalp.
(09-04-2015, 06:54 AM)maggie_h Wrote: Isn't half the fun in the not knowing, and the discovering of it's-a-wig/it's-not-a-wig in the immediate aftermath of having yanked on a stranger's hair?

Yeah. Being wrong is the best part. I dont let go either way until Im at least a couple meters away and the winners get nailed to a wall which isnt getting covered fast enough.
"What are some styling tips for fine, straight hair that you can offer? A friend of mine is interested in exploring her options, especially in terms of braided styles that will actually stay in place."

I have thin and straight hair so, I decided to get a bob haircut like this
[Image: Jenny-Garth-Messy-Shaggy-Hairstyles-with-Bangs-2014.jpg]
I am only hestitating whether to get highlights or not. I picked this haicut  here .
(09-13-2015, 12:22 AM)ashleysummer Wrote: I am only hestitating whether to get highlights or not. I picked this haicut  here .

Sorry to hear.

http://imgur.com/gallery/GDgwI2x
Rezing this thread because I have a dilemma

My hair is fucking garbage. It's going thin in the front/middle and no matter what I do with it I think it looks like shit. I have some pomade to tame the messiness but haven't had much luck with that as the result is either a clumpy mess or super slicked and shitty looking.

I'm debating just biting the bullet and shaving it since it's falling out anyway. More recently I've been trying to slick it back somewhat but even that I think looks like shit more often than not and my hair refuses to stay put unless I use a shit ton of pomade and I'd prefer to not look like ground zero for an oil spill.

What do?

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
(09-02-2015, 07:46 AM)Taz Wrote: [Image: medium-hairstyles-for-thin-hair-with-ban...h2o8oc.jpg]

Taz, how do I do the whole beachy waves thing?

I'm better at makeup than I am at hair.

I need your advice.
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

Corvus, my hair is very straight and soft and therefore it gets knocked out of place really easily. To remedy this I use Redsken For men molding paste, the strongest hold and hair spray. Hair spray brand doesn't really matter
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(12-16-2015, 07:09 AM)maggie_h Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 07:46 AM)Taz Wrote: [Image: medium-hairstyles-for-thin-hair-with-ban...h2o8oc.jpg]

I need your advice.

Usually my hair has enough layers in it that I can french braid it, take it out, and it looks like beach waves. I usually braid it wet, and take it out the next day.
Maximilian: Quinn taught me to dance on the pole.
life is killing me: quinn you are an enigma
Yossarian: Just imagine a really nice rack on a body attached to a face with an expression that screams, "fuck you, I'm an awesome den mother and will care package you to death" 
I part my hair on the left side usually, but last time I got a haircut I asked her to cut it down to #8 so it looks like a more civilian version of a high and tight. I like the more clean-cut look with my beard, but it's hard to do much with my hair without paste because I have a cowlick in the back of my head and at the very front. I'm slowly balding anyway so maybe one day I'll just shave it bald.
(12-16-2015, 07:09 AM)maggie_h Wrote:

I need your advice.

You're always better off w professional products, and I recommend Lanza. They have a good beach waves spray.  Spritz it onto damp hair and blow-dry your hair with a diffuser,  and scrunch your hair.  That should be good enough.  If you want more waves, then take small sections of hair, and twist it around a straightener, w/out curling the ends. 
These are loose curls, so they won't last long.

(12-16-2015, 07:03 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: Rezing this thread because I have a dilemma

My hair is fucking garbage. It's going thin in the front/middle and no matter what I do with it I think it looks like shit. I have some pomade to tame the messiness but haven't had much luck with that as the result is either a clumpy mess or super slicked and shitty looking.

I'm debating just biting the bullet and shaving it since it's falling out anyway. More recently I've been trying to slick it back somewhat but even that I think looks like shit more often than not and my hair refuses to stay put unless I use a shit ton of pomade and I'd prefer to not look like ground zero for an oil spill.

What do?

I use Sexy Hair paste. The Frenzy has a firm flexible hold without being greasy or stiff. On guys who have thinning hair, it looks like they have more after styling w/ Frenzy paste. 
(09-13-2015, 12:22 AM)ashleysummer Wrote: Quote
"What are some styling tips for fine, straight hair that you can offer? A friend of mine is interested in exploring her options, especially in terms of braided styles that will actually stay in place."

I am only hestitating whether to get highlights or not. I picked this haicut  here .

Do you have red hair?
CPD: after you beat up someone you gotta take something from them.  CPD: it can be food, money, their anal virginity, whatever, but you gotta take something from him

#FREEHCT

[Image: octoCookie_zps30dh4gn8.jpg]
(12-16-2015, 04:45 PM)cookiecj Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 12:22 AM)ashleysummer Wrote: Quote

Do you have red hair?

Down there?
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
Do you have a recommendation on hair product that will hold, but with a touchable feel that isn't sticky, rock hard, or reactivate and ooze down when I sweat?

I usually use IC Fantasia, but I find that it's only really good with short hair, and the quantities that I need to use for long hair negates the benefits of a soft touchable hold, thus becoming more hard like a regular gel. Still has the benefit of not reactivating when wet though.

Basically I want something that will hold well and let me or my wife run our fingers through without the icky fingers problem.
[Image: 450.jpg]

(12-22-2015, 01:47 PM)Wongtastic Wrote: Do you have a recommendation on hair product that will hold, but with a touchable feel that isn't sticky, rock hard, or reactivate and ooze down when I sweat?

I usually use IC Fantasia, but I find that it's only really good with short hair, and the quantities that I need to use for long hair negates the benefits of a soft touchable hold, thus becoming more hard like a regular gel. Still has the benefit of not reactivating when wet though.

Basically I want something that will hold well and let me or my wife run our fingers through without the icky fingers problem.

Have you tried a paste instead of a gel?
The lady at the salon told me I have very nice hair.

That is all I know about hair.
Just a dumb grunt.
(12-22-2015, 01:47 PM)Wongtastic Wrote: Do you have a recommendation on hair product that will hold, but with a touchable feel that isn't sticky, rock hard, or reactivate and ooze down when I sweat?

[Image: 450.jpg]

You're asian so you'll have even better luck with this product than I do:

http://www.amazon.com/Sexy-Hair-Style-Molding-Paste/dp/B00EQ691J0

Here's my hair when I had it colored darker to show the effect on darker hair:

[Image: QUkwGmi.jpg]
I've been doing some reading up on pomade/wax/pastes lately. Interesting, I've only ever used mouse whilst in highschool with some gel here and there, hairspray, and some gel/pomade/wax stuff that I have been gifted over the years but was never really impressed with.

I went and got a jar of American Crew Fiber because it was really the only thing available at the Walmart. So far I'm liking it, although I've only really had it in for a day so far.

Deja, that fly away hair in your picture goes perfectly with your Trump avatars.

I hate the feel of fiber, I prefer paste. But the American Crew fiber smells good.