Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All About Hair
(05-18-2015, 04:25 PM)ABACABB Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 10:15 AM)maggie_h Wrote: Thank you, Taz Big Grin

Also, do you think it would be possible to add some blonde highlights to my hair? It's quite dark, as you can tell. My hair stylist talked about using the balayage technique, but she isn't sure how bright it would look in my hair.

If you feel your hair is too dark for the blonde hightlights, dark red is a good substitute...many a time I've seen dark red haired lasses who probably pulled that off better than blonde haired ones that thought they looked better simply for looking somewhat blonde-ish.

^^^this.
Too many ladies out there look like hell w/ blonde hair. There just not young enough for that anymore (myself included). Color is very important. Color contrast -- blondes w/ tanned skin; redheads w/ pale skin, etc.
Ladies w/ blonde hair who have pale skin look horrible. The only ones who can pull that off are super pretty model types.

Maggz, however, still is young, and has a pretty enough of a face to wear blonde hair. BUT! I like the idea of adding some red to her hair.
Ask your stylist about red lowlights and blonde highlights. If you get just blonde w/ your dark hair, it won't look right if she puts too much.

Like:
[Image: c3312c2d813ebfa7927315cd7e7ae0a5.jpg]
Like:
[Image: Brown-Hair-With-Blonde-Highlights-And-Lowlights-5.jpg]
Like:
[Image: dark-brown-hair-with-blonde-highlights-a...00x300.jpg]

hate!!!!!
[Image: 7588121917ff4883ed79010263d9c91f.jpg]
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
That last picture is awful!

I'm very fair-skinned.

I like this:

[Image: cb3d008b5986dc94d68ebf2ba06dd8b5.jpg]

What do you think?
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

I like it too. It's subtle.
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
(05-19-2015, 06:08 AM)Taz Wrote: Like:
[Image: c3312c2d813ebfa7927315cd7e7ae0a5.jpg]
Like:
[Image: Brown-Hair-With-Blonde-Highlights-And-Lowlights-5.jpg]

Yesssss...

(05-19-2015, 06:17 AM)maggie_h Wrote: I like this:

[Image: cb3d008b5986dc94d68ebf2ba06dd8b5.jpg]

Oh, yeah.

I love hair. Heart
Yeah,...So?
Taz, have you ever heard of a woman called Janet Stephens?

She's a hairdresser who has made a habit of recreating historical hairstyles, to see how they could have been done with the tools available to the people who wore them. Roman women's hairstyles (as seen on statues) for instance....for a very long time, archaeologists assumed that the dressed hair on the statues, coins and frescoes that survive had to be wigs or hairpieces, because they didn't have the knowledge base that an actual hairdresser would have and (mostly being male, lacking the kind of practice with long hair that women more often get etc) couldn't understand how something so elaborate could be done with real hair and relatively simple tools.

Janet Stephens makes videos showing how such things could plausibly be done. It's a kind of practical archaeology, in a sense. You may be interested?

A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
[Image: 11873139_10106988804481674_85783555_o.jp...e=55CF818A]

How do I hair?

Same issue, hormones and testosterone caused a shitty George Costanza hairline  so I decided to go full potato (head)
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Same here. Do you use a razor or just buzz it? Any rituals for directly after other than shower? I never really jacked with razors for my head up until recently. I always just buzzed it. I havent paid for a haircut in like 8 years. I do the beard thing too, and its just barely darker than the one in the picture you posted. I wonder if the red beard thing has always been so common or not. I dont remember seeing so many people with them when I was a teenager. Maybe they are ginger sleeper cells.

I buzzed my head in high school too though, so it doesnt matter if I do now.
(08-13-2015, 11:12 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: Same here. Do you use a razor or just buzz it? Any rituals for directly after other than shower? I never really jacked with razors for my head up until recently. I always just buzzed it. I havent paid for a haircut in like 8 years. I do the beard thing too, and its just barely darker than the one in the picture you posted. I wonder if the red beard thing has always been so common or not. I dont remember seeing so many people with them when I was a teenager. Maybe they are ginger sleeper cells.

I buzzed my head in high school too though, so it doesnt matter if I do now.

I also posted in the (Wet) Shave Thread since its also relevant there.

Before I was toying with a Norelco and just being thorough, but I delved recently into the ATX HeadBlade

[Image: tumblr_mapdsyA6TW1qehaat.jpg]

Basically just apply your shave cream of choice, then use this bad boy.

After either the shaver / razor I use a good hand sanitizer (i'm a masochist for 'the sting'...) followed by a light coat of Lubriderm to let soak in for awhile.
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Awesome man. Thanks, Im going to look into that thing.
(08-13-2015, 04:21 AM)Wombitch Wrote: Taz, have you ever heard of a woman called Janet Stephens?

She's a hairdresser who has made a habit of recreating historical hairstyles, to see how they could have been done with the tools available to the people who wore them. Roman women's hairstyles (as seen on statues) for instance....for a very long time, archaeologists assumed that the dressed hair on the statues, coins and frescoes that survive had to be wigs or hairpieces, because they didn't have the knowledge base that an actual hairdresser would have and (mostly being male, lacking the kind of practice with long hair that women more often get etc) couldn't understand how something so elaborate could be done with real hair and relatively simple tools.

Janet Stephens makes videos showing how such things could plausibly be done. It's a kind of practical archaeology, in a sense. You may be interested?

No, I haven't heard of her.

Vid is pretty cool. Seems like the style back then was different versions of updos. I like doing wedding updos and braids. Doing one as a demo got me a job before, so I guess I'm not too terrible at it. haha
And when you undo braids after they dry, you get some pretty waves. No electricity required!

(08-13-2015, 10:53 AM)SlaytanicSlaughter Wrote: [Image: 11873139_10106988804481674_85783555_o.jp...e=55CF818A]

How do I hair?

Same issue, hormones and testosterone caused a shitty George Costanza hairline  so I decided to go full potato (head)

At least you're handsome enough to not have hair. So you've got that going for you. Big Grin
(08-13-2015, 12:18 PM)Taz Wrote: At least you're handsome enough to not have hair. So you've got that going for you. Big Grin
[Image: D+aw+you+can+terrorize+new+york+anytime+...ff70bc.jpg]
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
(08-13-2015, 12:18 PM)Taz Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 04:21 AM)Wombitch Wrote: Taz, have you ever heard of a woman called Janet Stephens?

No, I haven't heard of her.

Vid is pretty cool. Seems like the style back then was different versions of updos. I like doing wedding updos and braids. Doing one as a demo got me a job before, so I guess I'm not too terrible at it. haha
And when you undo braids after they dry, you get some pretty waves. No electricity required!

(08-13-2015, 10:53 AM)SlaytanicSlaughter Wrote: [Image: 11873139_10106988804481674_85783555_o.jp...e=55CF818A]

How do I hair?

At least you're handsome enough to not have hair. So you've got that going for you. Big Grin

She has a lot of videos. Most of them are Greek, Roman and Egyptian styles, but there's also recreations of some medieval and renaissance styles, the eighteenth-century curls seen on wigs and in early Napoleonic fashions, Civil War styles...

There's a little about men's hair and beards, but I think she finds women's styles more fun!
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
I'm coming up on 2" of hair, what do I do to the sides so I don't look like a hipster? I want to keep the length on top.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
You don't want to buzz the sides and fade it into the top?

Be sure they use a razor in front instead of scissors, so if your bangs fall forward, they're not so blunt, making you look like a kindergartener.

Use paste to keep any style in place (to be used on dry hair).

[Image: frenzy.png]
my gel game is on point

I haven't had this much hair since I was like 16 so this is kinda uncharted territory for me.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
(08-14-2015, 09:52 AM)Semper Scrotus Wrote: my gel game is on point

I haven't had this much hair since I was like 16 so this is kinda uncharted territory for me.

[Image: 6d7d26030f3e7fc9a5395ac265845a12.jpg]
(03-22-2015, 04:28 AM)Trash Boat Wrote: I'm on deployment, so it's a fucking 0 all around. Highly recommended.

I'm almost 37 and have bad genetics for hair. So it's a fucking 0 all around here, minus the Bic. Looks better than a bald spot and receding hairline. 

Simple too. 
From all thats been said, and what Ive read, we need a shaved head thread.
taz why the electric razor for the bangs? normally they just use scissors
She doesn't mean an electric razor, she means a single blade.

Once the bangs are cut by scissors to the length desired, a second pass is done with a razor by separating out locks of hair and then giving each lock an angled "shaving motion" (not official cosmetology terminology)

It makes tiny, tiny layers in the bangs themselves which gives a more refined shape and therefore you won't end up with stick-straight Vulcan bangs, basically.
^^^yes.
I hate seeing fringe that makes it look like you're in kindergarten
After I do a fade, I cut the fringe (bangs) w/ a razor if his hair is long enough.
A razor will leave the ends tapered like a sharpened pencil, instead of blunt, like a new unsharpened one.

A razor is also great for texturizing, and surfer cuts on all those cute blond surfer guys. Wink
I want Taz to cut my hair. And not just so I can enjoy her luscious boobs hanging in mah face. The razor thing is a detail that I have seldom seen haircutters do.
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
(08-16-2015, 01:48 PM)LocomotiveBreath Wrote: I want Taz to cut my hair. And not just so I can enjoy her luscious boobs hanging in mah face. The razor thing is a detail that I have seldom seen haircutters do.

And you wouldn't be rushed. It would be like a mini spa day with the shampoo / conditioner and hot towel treatment and a scalp / neck / shoulder massage.  Smile
I'm on the 0 team. Bought clippers years ago, haven't paid for a haircut since then. Mind you I'd like some hair again, not for reasons of vanity (although being able to style hair again would be nice), but practicality i.e. sun protection. I HATE getting the top of my head burnt! Mind you, I have a pretty large hat collection these days.
This post transmitted using recycled electrons. Go Green and Save The Planet!
What are some styling tips for fine, straight hair that you can offer? A friend of mine is interested in exploring her options, especially in terms of braided styles that will actually stay in place.

A treasure trove of golden spirals was uncovered in Denmark recently:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/archeologists-found-almost-2000-gold-spiral-objects-bronze-age-180955943/?no-ist

The archaeologists aren't sure what they were for, but the possibility of them being hair ornaments was floated. I wonder how they'd look all done up.