Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All About Hair
(03-23-2015, 07:31 PM)Taz Wrote: Stress, medication, vitamin deficiency, illness are all causes of hair loss.

Conkeeper, if I had high-frequency machine, I would totally rake your scalp with it. It looks like you could grow some hair. It's only thinning, not totally gone.
[Image: a8a0ea77f1ecc56522efbee3018e9802.jpg]
Copecwby20 [07|Jun 08:43 AM]: it's just as spontaneous if they gal says "Hey, go run your dick under the faucet, I'm about to blow the shit out of you"
(03-23-2015, 06:32 PM)frankieb Wrote:
(03-23-2015, 06:23 AM)LavaTalon Wrote: That sounds like good advice. I don't have black hair (but black people love to tell me I do - even had a random woman say her clients would kill for my hair, and I was glad they didn't), but it works the same. I'll be sure to try it!

Usually, when black people say this, it means you have white hair. Her clients are all in there to perm their hairs and shit. Why they do it is beyond me. Curlier, nappier hair is actually stronger and more resilient than straight stringy hair; so by perming it to get "white" hair theyre essentially downgrading their hair and making it weaker.

Hm, the more I know.

I also noticed that my hair takes a lot of water before it will go down. What does that mean? Like, I can style my hair without any kind of product, and then swim laps and I come up looking the same. My friends like to joke my hair is made of stone. And yes, I wash regularly, so it's not dreads XD.
Fisher Price: My First Timberlands
Shit don't change 'till you get up and wash your ass
That boner pic is fucking enormous
[Image: 55PMbQd.png]
[Image: tumblr_ltlryqkw7q1qml9l0.jpg][Image: hair-electron-microscope.jpeg]

Lava, it sounds like you have resistant virgin hair, and the outside cuticle layer is laid down tight, thus not absorbing much of anything. 
The more chemical services you have the more flared out the cuticle layer is because of so many times opened and closed, that it never lays down the way it should.  
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
I'm going to get bangs, but it's been a long time since I last had them so I'm not sure maintenance-wise how to style them so it doesn't look flat. Advice, Taz? Big Grin

This is the style I'm going for:

[Image: d2c949db8b455ae5_thumb_temp_front_page_i...bshare.jpg]
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

Wispy bangs look better than a full bang. Plus, that way you can sweep them back easily on days you don't feel like having bangs.
Ask them to razor cut them so they are not blunt.
Bangs look better on a long face so it helps square it off.
You don't seem to have a long face, (yours is just right!), so you could look great either way.

Long face --- bangs look better.[Image: dG1TU0w.png]
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
my wife came home with blue-green highlights.

She keeps on wanting to cut her hair short but I like it longer...but her hair kind of falls out so she thinks short is better. I don't care that much, really, I just feel like longer hair exudes confidence. I do hate snaking the shower drain for hair clogs, though.

(03-30-2015, 09:02 AM)Taz Wrote: Wispy bangs look better than a full bang. Plus, that way you can sweep them back easily on days you don't feel like having bangs.
Ask them to razor cut them so they are not blunt.
Bangs look better on a long face so it helps square it off.
You don't seem to have a long face, (yours is just right!), so you could look great either way.

Long face --- bangs look better.[Image: dG1TU0w.png]

wow at the creeper in the background
Saru mo ki kara  ochiru
Thank you, Taz, my dear! Smile What tools should I use to style them? My hair straightener?

Get a medium-sized round brush and blow dry them. Use the heat to dry, hold it in place, and set it w/ cold air once they are dry.

[Image: 31QY44ZZRFL._SY355_.jpg]
Of course you'll need a blow dryer w/ a cold blast button (like this blue button in the pic).

Don't forget the mousse or gel, and finish w/ hairspray.
I like Sexy Hair products.
They have a great paste that I use on men's hair (Frenzy).
(03-30-2015, 02:03 AM)maggie_h Wrote: I'm going to get bangs, but it's been a long time since I last had them so I'm not sure maintenance-wise how to style them so it doesn't look flat. Advice, Taz? Big Grin

This is the style I'm going for:

[Image: d2c949db8b455ae5_thumb_temp_front_page_i...bshare.jpg]

I got it done yesterday. I really like it.

/\ that is very pretty hair.

Sing like no one is listening, dance like no one is watching, and poop like no one is in the next stall.

Handicapable: Jesus, if you're an O you get awards like they're motrin at a Corpsman parade.
-----------------------------

[Image: WE5D25k.gif]
My hair now:

[Image: 092hnx2.png]

Awesome!
No Cleopatra bangs.
rough camera. too much face tho, can't see all the hair. Looks cool. I think long, slightly unkempt hair in women exudes confidence, which is sexy.
Saru mo ki kara  ochiru
I took it with my iPhone and at night. Not a recipe for a good quality picture lol

Is shaggy looking facial hair sexy to you females?
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
Facial hair is sexy to this female.

Nicely groomed facial hair, yes.
If it looks shaggy, you come off looking like that dude who hasn't bathed in 60 years.
I really wish beards would have been in style back when I had one.

I really don't want to grow one, now. Seriously, did Kesha kick off the beard trend?
Taz, help! I'm having trouble properly styling my bangs. Any advice?

I use Sexy Hair products. Use their gel; it's blue, and it's called Hard Up. You need very little of it -- dime - sized for your whole head. Spray some 450° thermal protect.
Use a medium round brush for drying. Use your fingers until it's about 70% dry, then use the brush, curling your hair down. Use the heat on it, then press the cooling button to lock in that shape.
You could flat iron it, turning your wrist in a curling down motion, but drying it w the right brush oughta do it.
If you want texture, use a Sexy Hair product called Play Dirty. Just hold your bangs w your fingers, and spray some in, and move your bangs around until they're how you want them.
Thank you, Taz Big Grin

Also, do you think it would be possible to add some blonde highlights to my hair? It's quite dark, as you can tell. My hair stylist talked about using the balayage technique, but she isn't sure how bright it would look in my hair.

Ask to look at some  pictures in a style book.
The brightness of highlights depends on how long you leave it on to achieve as many levels of lift you want. 
Weaving w foils is a more controlled placement of highlights. They use use the same powder and developer for either technique. 
(05-18-2015, 10:15 AM)maggie_h Wrote: Thank you, Taz Big Grin

Also, do you think it would be possible to add some blonde highlights to my hair? It's quite dark, as you can tell. My hair stylist talked about using the balayage technique, but she isn't sure how bright it would look in my hair.

If you feel your hair is too dark for the blonde hightlights, dark red is a good substitute...many a time I've seen dark red haired lasses who probably pulled that off better than blonde haired ones that thought they looked better simply for looking somewhat blonde-ish.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
(05-18-2015, 04:25 PM)ABACABB Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 10:15 AM)maggie_h Wrote: Thank you, Taz Big Grin

If you feel your hair is too dark for the blonde hightlights, dark red is a good substitute...many a time I've seen dark red haired lasses who probably pulled that off better than blonde haired ones that thought they looked better simply for looking somewhat blonde-ish.

I have been considering that. Right now, I'm veering more toward the red than blonde. I've done the whole blonde thing (I am blonde naturally) and I tire of it quickly.