Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All About Hair
Post stuff about hair. 

What do you ask for when getting a haircut?
What are your favorite haircuts/styles/color for both men and women? Feel free to post your fave redhead/blonde here.
What hairstyle/facial hair do you want when you EAS?

I love a men's undercut.
[Image: undercut-fuer-maenner-1-420.jpg]

Whoops! I wasn't paying attention, and put this in the question, when it was supposed to go in the General Discussion.
Can a mod move it for me? Thanks
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
What do i ask for: This minus the line: [Image: ae9fc609ea0c05ae98890a6b38303099.jpg]

Id get the top a little shorter (3 inches max) but somehow the PX barbers usually fucked up the fade since they didnt know how to cut non-white hair. My hair texture is pretty much the same as that pic.

Facial hair: Nothing crazy or eccentric. If I do grow it out, I usually just keep it neat and clean up the edges. I trim it so it doesnt grow below that chin neck slope (IDK what thats called) basically where the head meets the neck, and clean up the sides along the cheeck so its not wild and crazy looking. Im also incapapble of growing a large beard. It grows out a certain length then stops.
Victim of the negative karma bugger
How the fuck can I properly style my straight as fuck hair? Everything I try makes me look like a fool, the way I have it now isn't bad but I want to try something new.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
Use styling paste or clay.
I use a paste and have it styled as a kind of Mohawk but not really kind of thing idk how to describe it. I want something more up to date.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(03-19-2015, 06:18 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: I use a paste and have it styled as a kind of Mohawk but not really kind of thing idk how to describe it. I want something more up to date.

Check out  Slikhaar TV on YouTube. 
Lots of contemporary styles.
A lot of styles that they do are based on a male celebrity. Not just movies, but sports too. 
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
I like this for casual days, but for something that is supposed to be casual I find it tricky to get it looking nice.

[Image: tk8-messy-top-knot3-cupofjo.jpg]

So I usually resort to this.

[Image: Messy-High-Ponytail.jpg]

One of the things that I have bother with is getting more volume in the roots of my hair. I have thick and long hair, so without a little volume it can look flat and boring.
Handicap: I blame Maggie entirely for my sudden bout of third person insanity.
maggie_h: Why's it my fault? 
F18WrenchMonkey: You're hot and Handi has a a weakness for hot women
Handicap: Yep. I'd let Magz see my boobs.

I'm on deployment, so it's a fucking 0 all around. Highly recommended.
[Image: 55PMbQd.png]
Maggz, just lean your head over and brush your hair upside down; gather it together like ur going to put it in a ponytail,  but braid it instead.
Then flip your head back up, and wrap the braid in a circle, and pin it. 
It would look casual, cuz random hairs will fall down, and the braid will look nice. 
What would you do about my hair Taz? Its really curly and thick. I just kinda let it be most of the time but I wanna try to change my look.

[Image: FB_IMG_1426461738332.jpg]
Drunk Uncle PI
[quote dateline='1396713068']
Caught internet VD a few times.
[/quote]
I have weird mixed race hair, so when its short I can comb it up in front like a Latino, but if it gets long it gets Irish curly, and if it gets longer than that, I get... an afro?

No for real, I had an afro in elementary and middle school. It was glorious, but took like half an hour to get right. Used a pick, too.
Fisher Price: My First Timberlands
Shit don't change 'till you get up and wash your ass
I started losing my hair in Iraq at 20 years old. Now I have 2 little patches in the front and the rest of the top is super thin. It looks ridiculous when I grow it out so I'm left with using a 0 all the way around. I'd love to be able to grow my hair out and have an actual style, but it's just not in the cards for me. Feelsbadman.jpg
Copecwby20 [07|Jun 08:43 AM]: it's just as spontaneous if they gal says "Hey, go run your dick under the faucet, I'm about to blow the shit out of you"
[Image: 19652319.jpg]
Afros are cool, bruh.  Tongue

There are hair smoothing systems out there, and they cost $$$. And you'll have to get it retouched every few weeks when your curly hair grows back in.
[Image: 305ed7fd88a48d72261a1b882013ec1c.jpg]
But what those expensive hair straightener manufacturers don't want you to know, is that you can use a simple perm solution and comb it through your hair to straighten. You use it the same way, just no perm rods. Comb it through straight.
Ethnic hair (black) is different. I don't know much about it. I've only chemically straightened black hair once, and that was in school in 1982. There's so many "black" salons here in Wilmington, it doesn't make much sense for me to ever offer services like straightening, or hair extensions, etc.

Ballsy, I'd buzz your sides at a zero, and fade it to the top, keeping the top as long as possible.
Have you tried straightening it with a flat iron? It's hard to do with shorter hair, but you can manage it with a small iron, and take small partings.
That sounds like good advice. I don't have black hair (but black people love to tell me I do - even had a random woman say her clients would kill for my hair, and I was glad they didn't), but it works the same. I'll be sure to try it!
Fisher Price: My First Timberlands
Shit don't change 'till you get up and wash your ass
(03-23-2015, 05:59 AM)ConKeeper Wrote: I started losing my hair in Iraq at 20 years old. Now I have 2 little patches in the front and the rest of the top is super thin. It looks ridiculous when I grow it out so I'm left with using a 0 all the way around. I'd love to be able to grow my hair out and have an actual style, but it's just not in the cards for me. Feelsbadman.jpg

[Image: waBiZjJ.jpg]

Hair loss in men is caused by a male hormone.
Once the blood supply detaches from the hair follicle, there's no connecting it back. It's gone.
BUT! If you're not bald yet, and you're just thinning, there's hope. If you can find a salon that does facials, (or any med spa) ask if they have a high-frequency machine for facials, and ask if they offer scalp stimulation for hair growth. It's known to work for thinning hair. But the drawback is that you'd be paying for it, (3X a week) and you won't know if it works until weeks later. Cuz if it doesn't work, then you'll know that the blood supply has detached.  Sad
[Image: 2a2da6ea9e673d5bc8d479258ea5c093.jpg]

You can see where my hairline has receded to. The center/top is very thin. It's kind of hard to see since I cut my hair once a week and this is only like 3 or 4 days of growth. If I remember I'll post another picture before I cut it again
Copecwby20 [07|Jun 08:43 AM]: it's just as spontaneous if they gal says "Hey, go run your dick under the faucet, I'm about to blow the shit out of you"
Same shit here dude.

I joined at 20 and at 21 while in Iraq, I was pulling clumps of hair out of my helmet pads. I already cut my hair down to a 0 since high school in most cases but would grow it out from time to time, including time leading up to pre-deployment leave so I for sure had a full head of sturdy hair before I left. I like the buzz cut though so it isnt that big of a deal and I might not have noticed if it werent for the the fact that we couldnt get haircuts regularly where I was. So since it was growing out, I was seeing the fallout, but it clearly didnt start until about 3 months into my deployment. I just kind of shrugged it off and blamed it on stress. Started trying to grow it out in route back to the states. Came home and people asked me what the fuck happened to my hair haha.

ALSO for you guys that are still in.... I also learned that a bad habit Marines have on ranges is during police call, putting spent brass casings in your kevlar like a basket leaves carbon and other residues all over your pads. Then you put it on your sweaty dome and get all kinds of shit on your scalp. Apparently this can contribute to hair loss.

Anyways, in regards to my own hair loss....no fucks given for the most part. My head is shaped right to keep it all buzzed off. Ive accepted it and moved on. No point in my mind in worrying about it or trying to fight it. Plus I think its going to be funny when Im in my 40s and a lot of the guys I grew up with start losing theirs. I can just say "dude you know mine fell out in Iraq 20 years ago.....chill out". If you get bored with not having hair on your head, you could always grow a beard.
[Image: ef4vY4u.jpg]

I get lots of compliments. I use paste and sometimes clay (I only use clay when its shorter than this... paste has a looser hold.) The key to using paste is use it while your hair is dry.
(03-23-2015, 06:23 AM)LavaTalon Wrote: That sounds like good advice. I don't have black hair (but black people love to tell me I do - even had a random woman say her clients would kill for my hair, and I was glad they didn't), but it works the same. I'll be sure to try it!

Usually, when black people say this, it means you have white hair. Her clients are all in there to perm their hairs and shit. Why they do it is beyond me. Curlier, nappier hair is actually stronger and more resilient than straight stringy hair; so by perming it to get "white" hair theyre essentially downgrading their hair and making it weaker.
Victim of the negative karma bugger
On the subject of hair loss: my father was a truck driver in Korea. He went bald-ish (severely receded hairline) at 25 or so. The only one of his sibling group (5 males) to do so. Stress has something to do with this, it would seem.
Yeah,...So?
(03-23-2015, 06:45 PM)irradiator Wrote: On the subject of hair loss: my father was a truck driver in Korea. He went bald-ish (severely receded hairline) at 25 or so. The only one of his sibling group (5 males) to do so. Stress has something to do with this, it would seem.
I'm the only male in my family with any significant hair loss...
Stress, medication, vitamin deficiency, illness are all causes of hair loss.

Conkeeper, if I had high-frequency machine, I would totally rake your scalp with it. It looks like you could grow some hair. It's only thinning, not totally gone.
(03-23-2015, 07:19 PM)ConKeeper Wrote:
(03-23-2015, 06:45 PM)irradiator Wrote: On the subject of hair loss: my father was a truck driver in Korea. He went bald-ish (severely receded hairline) at 25 or so. The only one of his sibling group (5 males) to do so. Stress has something to do with this, it would seem.
I'm the only male in my family with any significant hair loss...

It may be that if you spend a significant amount of time with your asshole puckered then maybe your hair follicles are puckered too?
Yeah,...So?
(03-23-2015, 06:32 PM)frankieb Wrote:
(03-23-2015, 06:23 AM)LavaTalon Wrote: That sounds like good advice. I don't have black hair (but black people love to tell me I do - even had a random woman say her clients would kill for my hair, and I was glad they didn't), but it works the same. I'll be sure to try it!

Usually, when black people say this, it means you have white hair. Her clients are all in there to perm their hairs and shit. Why they do it is beyond me. Curlier, nappier hair is actually stronger and more resilient than straight stringy hair; so by perming it to get "white" hair theyre essentially downgrading their hair and making it weaker.

It's make weaker and more susceptible to breakage cuz of the extreme harshness of lye relaxers.
[Image: 2010-08-13-Strip_58_Haircuts_web.gif]

Pretty much this, so I've gone to clipping my own hair down to a zero. I've also grown a mustache.

I like to call my choice of hairstyling the "Garcia."
[Image: 2013-08-30-Strip_290_Terminology_web.gif]