Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to New York
(07-03-2017, 06:30 AM)Cybargs Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 01:55 PM)Yossarian Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 06:55 AM)Slinky Wrote: http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/some-subways-literally-held-together-with-zip-ties/

Hahaha.  Fuck this city.  

Was just in London for a week and the transportation system there was also 100 times better than anything New York has to offer.
No excuse.

You keep comparing NYC's subway system to those of cities that were bombed the fuck out of when parts of ours were already turning 50. In countries that put far more value into the concept of "maintaining infrastructure" as a result.

It's also only got 11 lines, and services ~4.8M passengers a day. NYC's system has double the lines, far more mileage overall, DOES NOT SHUT DOWN, and hauls a million more bodies on the regular.

Don't think the tube was "bombed the fuck out of" in ww2. 

not to mention it was built 150 years ago and still gets updates...

Just admit it Yoss, everyone else keeps updating their shit whilst NYC is stagnant. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_London_Underground_accidents#World_War_II
Three bomb-related events in the Tube vs. a whopping zero in NYC.

NYC isn't stagnant because NYC wants to be stagnant. NYC is stagnant because Albany controls the MTA budget and wants to do "more important" things with the money.

Or are you just ignoring the part where I already noted "In countries that put far more value into the concept of "maintaining infrastructure" as a result."

But hey, you wanna act like NYC is alone in "not updating their infrastructure" in this country, I got a bridge to sell you.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
(07-01-2017, 06:55 AM)Slinky Wrote: http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/some-subways-literally-held-together-with-zip-ties/

Hahaha.  Fuck this city.  

Was just in London for a week and the transportation system there was also 100 times better than anything New York has to offer.
No excuse.

You keep comparing NYC's subway system to those of cities that were bombed the fuck out of when parts of ours were already turning 50. In countries that put far more value into the concept of "maintaining infrastructure" as a result.

It's also only got 11 lines, and services ~4.8M passengers a day. NYC's system has double the lines, far more mileage overall, DOES NOT SHUT DOWN, and hauls a million more bodies on the regular.

Yoss, it's a piece of shit subway, 96th St station is brand new yet the Q line stops half mile short of White Castle...you cant explain away that level of stupidity.
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
(07-05-2017, 08:41 AM)Tikilounge Wrote:

Hahaha.  Fuck this city.  

No excuse.

Yoss, it's a piece of shit subway, 96th St station is brand new yet the Q line stops half mile short of White Castle...you cant explain away that level of stupidity.

It's too dark that far north.
Three brand new stations with within-minutes response to things like escalator failures, cops standing by to harass buskers, cameras EVERYWHERE...gotta make them rich white people feel safe.
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/nyregion/how-much-tourism-is-too-much.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

Interesting article. 1 million more people riding zip tied subways.
And penn station is closed for 2 months for construction. Wondering if they are actually doing anything, or if it's a ploy to make people's lives as miserable as possible.

Arrow Favorite Saké: Gangi 雁木
Join the TL Clash of Clans
Penn Station is amtrak, so that's the feds.

In the meantime, Albany continues to wage war against NYC by making the MTA pay ski resorts $5M.
http://gothamist.com/2017/07/10/mta_tips_down_k_val.php
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/10/536352425/new-york-city-commuters-brace-for-summer-of-hell

Summer of Hell. More from Amtrak.

"Even when it's complete, this summer's repair work will do little to alleviate overcrowding at Penn Station. About 600,000 commuters crowd into narrow corridors and stairways every weekday in what is essentially the basement of Madison Square Garden. The vast majority are commuters riding New Jersey Transit and the Long Island Railroad."

Start stabbing people for moving to the suburbs then dude. There's been talk of building a new Penn Station for like 20 years now, but the level of service interruptions required to support that make this summer look like finding out the N is running local on weekend late nights.
I went. Wasn't as good as Chicago. Fireworks were dope af though.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(07-19-2017, 01:24 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: I went. Wasn't as good as Chicago. Fireworks were dope af though.

Glad you bothered to let us know. 
Turtle's back? I was starting to think you had the kid held captive in your basement Yoss.
(07-19-2017, 05:18 AM)oldwinger Wrote: Turtle's back? I was starting to think you had the kid held captive in your basement Yoss.

Who do I look like, Taz?

What am I gonna do with a teenage boy?
(07-19-2017, 05:27 AM)Yossarian Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 05:18 AM)oldwinger Wrote: Turtle's back? I was starting to think you had the kid held captive in your basement Yoss.

Who do I look like, Taz?

What am I gonna do with a teenage boy?
Now that you mention it................
(07-19-2017, 02:51 AM)Yossarian Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 01:24 AM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: I went. Wasn't as good as Chicago. Fireworks were dope af though.

Glad you bothered to let us know. 

Sorry. I was there for a day and a half and with my girlfriend who wanted to run around til fireworks started. Was pretty uneventful.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
http://gothamist.com/2017/07/19/cuomo_bridge_lights_budget.php

>$200,000,000 (potentially $350M) in MTA funds diverted by uncle Andy up in Albany, to put fancy lighting on a bridge.

But, you know, it's NYC that's the problem.
Andy up in Albany isn't pissing and shitting on the train and making the already terrible underground experience that much more unbearable.

Tourists, drunk transplants, and homeless people.

You're two of those. And I know that infinitry superior nippon culture uses the undesirables as sacrifice to godzilla, sorry we don't kill our homeless.
Funny I never saw tourists degrading the rail systems in other cities. That leaves New Yorkers - the drunk and homeless ones.

Elon Musk and the hyperbolic hyperloop 'announcement'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40677604

You'll be able to take a train from New York to D.C. in 30 minutes but it will still take over an hour to get to JFK airport, by taxi - longer, and requiring transfers, if you take the train.

(07-21-2017, 03:18 AM)Slinky Wrote: Funny I never saw tourists degrading the rail systems in other cities.   That leaves New Yorkers - the drunk and homeless ones.

Elon Musk and the hyperbolic hyperloop 'announcement'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40677604

You'll be able to take a train from New York to D.C. in 30 minutes but it will still take over an hour to get to JFK airport, by taxi - longer, and requiring transfers, if you take the train.

JFK is further from everything than LGA and EWR. LGA has several buses supporting it, and it's a quick cheap cab ride from most of Manhattan.
EWR has bus, light rail, charter bus, and taxi access out the ass and is RIGHT THERE.
Why would you ever choose JFK?

That's like bitching that it takes longer to get to Dulles than Reagan.

Tourists are most of the litter downtown and in midtown.
Tourists are most of the litter in DC, too.

You're really bad at this.
But keep telling us uncle Andy isn't pissing on us- http://gothamist.com/2017/07/20/obfuscatin_cuomo.php

I guess it's just a warm summer rain.
What flies out of LGA?

I'm sure google has all the information you could need on that subject.
I'll be here waiting for you to come back with
"BUT ASIAN TITTY AIR DOESN'T FLY OUT OF THERE"
and
"I DON'T WANNA GO TO NJ TO FLY EWR, I LIVE IN NJ AND THAT'S TOO CONVENIENT"
No, Now fuck off!
Please report spammers as you see them.
Good, Light 'em up!
Big cities are for c.ucks, I'm tucking myself into Quantico and sticking with my reverse traffic commute for as long as possible.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
Slink and Yoss get points for making me laugh for the first time all week.
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]