Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Your Neighborhood Friendly Career Planner ... Part Deux
How does non-ribbon-generating stuff like MOS school instructor factor in for promotion?
Is it weighted comparably to a traditional B-billet?
They come with fire,they come with axes...Destroyers&usurpers,curse them. GALL:I hope you get run over by a dumptruck full of babydicks CORVUS:yoss hates&knows everything BAN724:I like how buttmad ppl get about Yoss except if you lie still&listen he is trying to make us all better debaters
(06-03-2015, 07:25 PM)Yossarian Wrote: How does non-ribbon-generating stuff like MOS school instructor factor in for promotion?
Is it weighted comparably to a traditional B-billet?
Short answer ... Its not the same as a SDA. SDAs take you out of your MOS and it's what is the difference.
[Image: emkTH.png]
CTRL+ALT+DELETE, TAB, ENTER, ENTER. My day is over.
Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.
So I'm 99% sure I already know the answer to this one, but I am just looking for different opinions because I've already gotten three different answers.

I have a MECEP package submitted for FY16. I'm also a first term Marine looking to re-enlist in July for the FY16 year. Because of the pending MECEP selection, I'm almost positive I'm not eligible for a bonus, (according to the SRB MARADMIN and my common sense), but I was told otherwise by MCRC (though I'm not too confident in how well versed they were in the SRB policy). Since I'm re-enlisting just to re-enlist and not for TIS requirements for MECEP, I may be alright but I'm thinking I'm still not.

Obviously, I don't want to get my bonus, spend it, and then get selected for MECEP and have the bonus suddenly recouped.

Thoughts anyone? Calling MMEA about it tomorrow but it's been bugging me for months.
Take bonus and stash it 'til you know for sure?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Yeah, pretty much what I'm going to have to do. But it still irritates me. Hope I can get a straight answer tomorrow. Thanks.
You'll get taxed out of your bonus. If you do wind up needing to pay it back, you might be out a few thousand dollars.
Got a question:

I'm an STAP. Eas is 2016 November. I was told I can reenlist a year out from my eas being a careerist and not fighting for boat spaces as a snco. 1. Is this true. 2. Bonus eligibility. 
(06-19-2015, 03:29 AM)austinjking Wrote: You'll get taxed out of your bonus. If you do wind up needing to pay it back, you might be out a few thousand dollars.

That's a good question. If you have to return the bonus, are the taxes a loss on your part?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Question 
I just got HSST'd for recruiting and I need to get enough obligated service by July 15. I'm hoping to get as much of the zone b bonus as I can in the process.

I'll have just under 7 1/2 years TIS & 4 years TIG as a Sgt at my ECC in October. I haven't been in a promotion zone yet, this year included. I need to add at least 40 months from my current ECC in order to have enough obligated service for recruiting. What is the longest I can reenlist for? Am I going to have do do an extension and get screwed out of the bonus?
Probably, i had to extend for 36 months. You should deny the orders and get out, fuck recruiting and all of its bullshit.
It is my understanding that you'd have to meet the criteria for a 4 year reenlistment vice an extension to collect the bonus. An extension into recruiting might get you in a promotion zone of some kind as the promotion board treats being on recruiting duty the same as actually having completed it. That would also depend on your MOS, naturally. Perhaps Mole can weigh in.

Personally, I would only accept orders to recruiting if you are absolutely bound and determined to be a lifer. If not, deny orders and save yourself 3 years of misery.
We're ahead of our time. Floating through...
The sky is falling down. This night belongs to you.
I'm hoping I can at least do a 36 month reenlistment. That way I'll at least get 75% of the bonus.

Quote:Personally, I would only accept orders to recruiting if you are absolutely bound and determined to be a lifer. If not, deny orders and save yourself 3 years of misery.

I'm planning to stay in. Thankfully I don't have any kids yet to share the misery with.

I am worried about the way they're pushing Staff Seargents out now. What's going to happen when TERA is gone and these retiontion boards are still going on? My hope is that recruiting will guarantee me a pension.
(07-01-2015, 04:23 AM)turk928 Wrote: Got a question:

I'm an STAP. Eas is 2016 November. I was told I can reenlist a year out from my eas being a careerist and not fighting for boat spaces as a snco. 1. Is this true. 2. Bonus eligibility. 
You're a FY17 STAP... Reenlistments a year out no longer exist. You will need to wait until your FY opens. Careerists are given a submission window to comply with. For FY16 that window is July 1 to Dec 31. You'll know your window next summer.

Sent from the border using cartels

(07-03-2015, 08:22 AM)Militaryinc Wrote: I just got HSST'd for recruiting and I need to get enough obligated service by July 15. I'm hoping to get as much of the zone b bonus as I can in the process.

I'll have just under 7 1/2 years TIS & 4 years TIG as a Sgt at my ECC in October. I haven't been in a promotion zone yet, this year included. I need to add at least 40 months from my current ECC in order to have enough obligated service for recruiting. What is the longest I can reenlist for? Am I going to have do do an extension and get screwed out of the bonus?
You can do what I did for my BRC guy ... Request a 36 months reenlostment, you'll get a prorated amount of the bonus, and then extend those last few months. This will give you that zone b bonus and comply with your obligated service requirement.

(06-18-2015, 01:51 PM)dotKev Wrote: So I'm 99% sure I already know the answer to this one, but I am just looking for different opinions because I've already gotten three different answers.

I have a MECEP package submitted for FY16. I'm also a first term Marine looking to re-enlist in July for the FY16 year. Because of the pending MECEP selection, I'm almost positive I'm not eligible for a bonus, (according to the SRB MARADMIN and my common sense), but I was told otherwise by MCRC (though I'm not too confident in how well versed they were in the SRB policy). Since I'm re-enlisting just to re-enlist and not for TIS requirements for MECEP, I may be alright but I'm thinking I'm still not.

Obviously, I don't want to get my bonus, spend it, and then get selected for MECEP and have the bonus suddenly recouped.

Thoughts anyone? Calling MMEA about it tomorrow but it's been bugging me for months.
What I did for MECEP guys who didn't care for the bonus, I made absolutely sure that you were not given a bonus. If you have a pkg already submitted and accept a bonus you will pay back the full amount; MarAdmin 296/15 par 5B. Now, if you reenlisted first and then applied for MECEP, then you're not obligated to repay that bonus. I would strongly suggest you make sure you sign the approval that's says you are not entitled to a SRB.

Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.
Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. I will be getting with my career planner tomorrow to ensure I do not accept the bonus.
(07-13-2015, 04:56 PM)dotKev Wrote: Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. I will be getting with my career planner tomorrow to ensure I do not accept the bonus.
No prob brosif!

Regarding the PSEP, I've been told by a good number of different Marines - with different billets, from different units, of all ranks - a million different things regarding the steps to starting/submitting a PSEP package. I've been told to go a recruiter first, I've been told admin does most of the work and then routes it, I've heard it goes through immediate CoC (platoon/company/battalion, etc.). Where do I go to get this done?

A little background on myself: I'm a reserve infantryman wanting to go active duty. I've heard boatspace is tight but there are more chances for SMCR to PSEP into the Regulars now that 3/4 was reactivated and others may come too. It's the beginning of the FY - in theory. Hopefully I get this chance.

I know some will say "it's impossible, don't get your hopes high". I know it can happen because I've SEEN it happen.
E-3.5 in the Marine Corps is...
Recruiter
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Every Marine has a rifle, man.
(11-08-2015, 08:28 PM)SLANTYtheCAT Wrote: Regarding the PSEP, I've been told by a good number of different Marines - with different billets, from different units, of all ranks - a million different things regarding the steps to starting/submitting a PSEP package. I've been told to go a recruiter first, I've been told admin does most of the work and then routes it, I've heard it goes through immediate CoC (platoon/company/battalion, etc.). Where do I go to get this done?

A little background on myself: I'm a reserve infantryman wanting to go active duty. I've heard boatspace is tight but there are more chances for SMCR to PSEP into the Regulars now that 3/4 was reactivated and others may come too. It's the beginning of the FY - in theory. Hopefully I get this chance.

I know some will say "it's impossible, don't get your hopes high". I know it can happen because I've SEEN it happen.
Recruiters route PSEPS... No one else can do them. Its possible, you can PSEP back in ... It takes patience and persistence.

The pseps packages will take about 6 to 8 months.

I personally dont want to mess with them.
(05-19-2015, 04:01 AM)B4L Wrote: It went from there back to the head monitor, and now its at the sgtmaj up there. I think mmea. Hopefully soon.

what was the end result of this?
(02-21-2016, 07:22 AM)moleculeinc Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 04:01 AM)B4L Wrote: It went from there back to the head monitor, and now its at the sgtmaj up there. I think mmea. Hopefully soon.

I guess if you gave a shit you might check in more often than 3-4 times a year, eh, pinche maricón?
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
(02-21-2016, 09:48 AM)LocomotiveBreath Wrote:

I guess if you gave a shit you might check in more often than 3-4 times a year, eh, pinche maricón?

sorry ... life took over for a while ... but I'm back ... better than ever ... version 2.0 ...
(02-29-2016, 01:51 PM)moleculeinc Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 09:48 AM)LocomotiveBreath Wrote:

sorry ... life took over for a while ... but I'm back ... better than ever ... version 2.0 ...

Muy bien! Bienvenidos, amigo!
Yeah,...So?

The TL-ist formerly known as irradiator/irritator/irrigator, etc.
Im having an issue reliably reaching the planner for IRR retention... apparently I fell off contract but my extension was approved retroactively and just needs to be signed and filed... as per his request Im supposed to call relentlessly until he answers the phone... ive tried a couple times the last 2 weeks and nothing.

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...
(02-29-2016, 07:02 PM)crazymjb Wrote: Im having an issue reliably reaching the planner for IRR retention... apparently I fell off contract but my extension was approved retroactively and just needs to be signed and filed... as per his request Im supposed to call relentlessly until he answers the phone... ive tried a couple times the last 2 weeks and nothing.

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Please elaborate a little more?  You're IRR?  What are you trying to do exactly?