Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Your Neighborhood Friendly Career Planner ... Part Deux
Well ... I guess now is a good a time as any to get this restarted. Mods, if you could please sticky this, it'd be appreciated. Most already know who I am ... I'm your TL Jammer. Feel free to shoot any retention, transition, or benefit type questions that you may have. I'll try to give the most accurate advice as possible to help your case. Shoot away TLers!!

Sent from the border using cartels
[Image: emkTH.png]
CTRL+ALT+DELETE, TAB, ENTER, ENTER. My day is over.
Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.
/pees on thread

Not sure if appropriate (copied from chat thread)

Question (curious): I'm a reservist, < 1460 points. So if I commissioned I would not rate O1E pay. However, would my "cumulative years of service" still count towards my new rank i.e. if I ever did commission, I'd be O-1 with over 4 years? Or is that just for active?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
It's based on your SAT years. So if you've got 4 SAT yrs you'll have that coveted E and extra monies.

Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.
Grassy ass mole
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
No doubt! 8)

Can someone sticky this ... Por favór?

Question if you know about the reserves.

I'm currently nearing the end of my contract, however I am a non-obligated reservist. I attended CA school and fulfilled my 1 year obligation with the unit, and have remained in a drilling status. I'm having conflicts between work and drill now, and my question is as such: Do I have to request RIDT to reschedule drills I would miss for work? Or, can I drop to the IRR and then continue drilling, but if a conflict comes up not RIDT?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Any insight on what determines an approval or denial for vsp? I submitted mine last week, should clear district by monday.
(03-31-2015, 08:28 AM)npr Wrote: Question if you know about the reserves.

I'm currently nearing the end of my contract, however I am a non-obligated reservist. I attended CA school and fulfilled my 1 year obligation with the unit, and have remained in a drilling status. I'm having conflicts between work and drill now, and my question is as such: Do I have to request RIDT to reschedule drills I would miss for work? Or, can I drop to the IRR and then continue drilling, but if a conflict comes up not RIDT?
If you have no more obligation to drill at the unit, then yes you can drop to the IRR. You can also reenlist, say fuck drilling and drop as well. Once you served your obligated 6 (4 if you got that deal), and/or any additional time due to a LATMOVE, you can stop going. It's all up to you at that point in order to maintain the required points to make a sat year.

Reread the post, it'll be a pain in the dick to do what you intend to do. Once you're in the IRR you have no unit attached to you.

The best way would just RIDT. It's up to your CO on how much in advance he wants the request though. Mine requires a month ahead for RIDT's, unless extreme circumstances.
(03-31-2015, 12:43 PM)B4L Wrote: Any insight on what determines an approval or denial for vsp? I submitted mine last week, should clear district by monday.
The biggest reason I've seen disapprovals for are for MOS end strength. As long as your MOS is healthy and not listed in the ineligible list, you should be ok.

Im just shy of 5 years from the below zone.
Can a non-MP Marine lat move into the Working Dog Handler mos?
(04-04-2015, 08:30 PM)TheKillerSpork Wrote: Can a non-MP Marine lat move into the Working Dog Handler mos?
Short answer: No. The 5812 (I think) is a FMOS, which means you must be a 5811 in order to get the 5812 MOS.

(04-04-2015, 09:18 PM)moleculeinc Wrote:
(04-04-2015, 08:30 PM)TheKillerSpork Wrote: Can a non-MP Marine lat move into the Working Dog Handler mos?
Short answer: No. The 5812 (I think) is a FMOS, which means you must be a 5811 in order to get the 5812 MOS.

That's what I thought as well.. but of course I know a Marine who claims to be lat moving to dog handler.
I got hit on the HSST, but I just latmoved and haven't gone to MOS school or even gotten OJT orders yet. My unit currently doesn't have a jammer and I'm FAP'd out. What do I do?
(04-07-2015, 06:17 PM)Starwolf64 Wrote: I got hit on the HSST, but I just latmoved and haven't gone to MOS school or even gotten OJT orders yet. My unit currently doesn't have a jammer and I'm FAP'd out. What do I do?
This years HSST is different. If you're not qualified to go on the SDA, your unit, specifically your jammer, needs to find an alternate. Find a jammer or email yours. Each jammer has specific instructions on how their MSC is doing their alternates.

Hello, I am Sgt with 12 years in service 99-03, 08-present 0311, I picked up SGT in 2011. My EAS was on APR 5, 2015 but I had to do a a 30 day extension because I am waiting on a seps pay determination , My career planner put in a RELM asking for a 1 year extension/ seps pay determination because I have never been looked at for promotion but even with 1 year taking me to 13 I still would not even be in the below zone I was told it had to be done this way extension denied seps pay approved (hopefully).This pckg has gone thru a million places right before I had to do the extension it was with the Branch HD SgMaj I had someone check on today and was told it was forwarded to LAC wondering what is LAC ? and if based on your experiences is this close to coming back all ready . Thank You for your help .
(04-14-2015, 04:15 PM)disGRUNTled03 Wrote: Hello, I am Sgt with 12 years in service 99-03, 08-present 0311, I picked up SGT in 2011. My EAS was on APR 5, 2015 but I had to do a a 30 day extension because I am waiting on a seps pay determination , My career planner put in a RELM asking for a 1 year extension/ seps pay determination because I have never been looked at for promotion but even with 1 year taking me to 13 I still would not even be in the below zone I was told it had to be done this way extension denied seps pay approved (hopefully).This pckg has gone thru a million places right before I had to do the extension it was with the Branch HD SgMaj I had someone check on today and was told it was forwarded to LAC wondering what is LAC ? and if based on your experiences is this close to coming back all ready . Thank You for your help .
I'm not sure what LAC is, I've never encountered that. But the process is correct. You must be denied further service if you are to receive involuntary seps pay. If it's been seen by the Branch SgtMaj and the Branch HD then it should be returned. Those are usually the last two people to see requests. I'll see if I can find out what LAC is ... I know MMEA has created new inboxes for several reasons since the start of the drawdown.
Moleymole, I think it is pretty cool the way you will go out of your way to help Marines with their admin 'game' any way you can.

But you still need to speak ENGLISH, vato.
Yeah,...So?
(04-14-2015, 04:15 PM)disGRUNTled03 Wrote: Hello, I am Sgt with 12 years in service 99-03, 08-present 0311, I picked up SGT in 2011. My EAS was on APR 5, 2015 but I had to do a a 30 day extension because I am waiting on a seps pay determination , My career planner put in a RELM asking for a 1 year extension/ seps pay determination because I have never been looked at for promotion but even with 1 year taking me to 13 I still would not even be in the below zone I was told it had to be done this way extension denied seps pay approved (hopefully).This pckg has gone thru a million places right before I had to do the extension it was with the Branch HD SgMaj I had someone check on today and was told it was forwarded to LAC wondering what is LAC ? and if based on your experiences is this close to coming back all ready . Thank You for your help .
I've learned that the LAC box is where requests go to before they are determined their separations pay. In short, you've been likely denied further service and are being given involuntary seps pay. After LAC it goes to Pending Seps Diary Verification, and finally back to the Jammer for acknowledgement. Hope this helps you understand the process a little better.

(04-18-2015, 07:55 AM)irradiator Wrote: Moleymole, I think it is pretty cool the way you will go out of your way to help Marines with their admin 'game' any way you can.

But you still need to speak ENGLISH, vato.
Cayate lo siquo maldito desgraciado viejo pendejo maricon!!
What does it mean when my VSP request is at MPP-20 Latmove Review?
(05-01-2015, 10:36 AM)B4L Wrote: What does it mean when my VSP request is at MPP-20 Latmove Review?
It just means it's being reviewed by Manpower Plans and Policy. They determine the required manpower that MMEA is allowed to retain based of budgetry allocations.
Damn, i was hoping that was a sign that it was getting approved. I need outta this recruiting gig!!!!
(05-04-2015, 02:59 PM)B4L Wrote: Damn, i was hoping that was a sign that it was getting approved. I need outta this recruiting gig!!!!
MPP is usually the last place it needs to be seen.
It went from there back to the head monitor, and now its at the sgtmaj up there. I think mmea. Hopefully soon.