• 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Coffee and Donuts
On my way to the donut shop
^Pics or shens^

My coffee this morning;

[Image: 723fb80190488f2df1fb6880fe46d4f9.jpg]

For the glory of the empire
[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
No shens, but I forgot to get pics of donuts. Here is my coffee cup thought. Also, tried the Maui wauie today. Approved deliciousness along with the Samoa
[Image: kcCeaNO.jpg]
(03-18-2015, 12:00 PM)damn03 Wrote: Will post pics of donuts

Nothing snooty
[Image: screen-shot-2014-04-17-at-3-12-10-pm.png...=584&h=406]
Stop talking about yourself you fucking narcissist and go get one of those bacon stuffed donuts
HA! I started drinking early today
Chesty/Smedley Crullers
Blue Falscones
Semper I Have Another Pie
Semper Don-yuts
Aye Sir Dunk-its
Fat Bodies
Dag'on Donuts

Semi-relevant: IDTENTACOS
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
Is it a bad thing that I can imagine precisely what most of those suggestions would be like? I'm not even a baker (I'm wretchedly bad as a baker!) and I'm fairly sure I know how it would all be done.

Are you achieving maximum motivation by selling neenish tarts iced to look like dress blues as well, or is that a step too far? Tongue
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
(03-18-2015, 09:16 PM)damn03 Wrote: thatd be too far, just the names are good enough. id take a don-Yut and a large lifer juice

I thought as much. Blue icing very rarely ends well!

Watch out that your lifer juice isn't secretly dip spit. That would be revolting.
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
Cup of Southern oppression this morning

[Image: Community-Coffee.jpg]
[Image: navy-achievement-medal.png]

OMG YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL MAN

Seriously dude, this makes my whole day and I'm happy you enjoyed them
Good choice, Damn. Smile

I found an article that seems relevant to our collective interests.

[Image: Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow975602891m330...-300x0.jpg]

Quote:Everyone loves a good doughnut. It could be the strawberry-glazed type loved by Homer Simpson, the jam-filled variety hoovered by Garth in Wayne's World, or the custard-oozing balls that tourists and locals queue for at Justin Gellatly's Bread Ahead stall in London's Borough Market. Whatever your iced-vice, here's 10 spots of trivia to remember next time you're biting into a Krispy Kreme.

1. Delicious oil cakes

In her book Donuts, Tracy Meharg writes that the doughnut we know and love were introduced to Manhattan by the Dutch in the early 1800's. At the time they were known as olykoeks, literally meaning "oil-cakes". In a description of the Dutch settlers in New York (then New Amsterdam), author Washington Irving wrote that "the table... was always sure to boast an enormous dish of balls of sweetened dough, fried in hog's fat, and called dough nuts." Mmmm.. 'hog's fat'.

2. Better than banana bread?

A chocolate-flavoured iced doughnut at McCafe might be a healthier choice than a slice of banana bread. According to the Macca's website, an average doughnut serving contains 2020 kilojoules to the banana bread's whopping 2570.

3. What's in a nonne nom?

There's a French doughnut called pets de nonne that translates, literally, to "nun's farts". Pets de nonne are deep-fried tennis-ball-shaped bits of choux pastry dusted in icing sugar and no one really knows the etymology of the name. In Simple French Food, Richard Oatley writes that in pre-nineteenth century cookbooks, the little fritters were called pets de putain. A quick Google shows there is a considerable difference between the nonne and putain professions.

4. King of Australia

Donut King might look like a franchise with its roots in the United States, but the first DK store actually opened in 1981 in Sydney. In 2008 it expanded internationally and started sprinkling cinnamon on round things in Shanghai, China.

5. A world of doughnuts

Chocolate dipped churros are as common on menus these days as pork belly negronis and barrel-aged kale. However, there's a whole other world of doughnuts just waiting to be tasted. In The Penguin Companion to Food, Alan Davidson writes about the Spanish rosquilla (made from sweet dough and aniseed-flavoured oil), the jam and apricot-filled sufganiyah eaten at Hanukkah time in Israel, and the malasadas of Hawaii, sometimes made with evaporated milk and rolled in honey, vanilla and nutmeg. There's also the Chinese youtiao which ascends to new levels if you can find some pandan custard to dip it in.

(I personally would include loukoumades in that category. Greek honey donuts are excellent)

Quote:6. Dunk it 

The popularity of dunkin' doughnuts in caww-fee owes much to the 1934 film It Happened One Night in which dishevelled reporter Peter Warne (Clark Gable) shows spoiled heiress Ellie Andrews (Claudette Colbert) the art of the dunk. "Don't let it soak so long. A dip and - plop, into your mouth," says Warne.  "If you let it soak so long, it'll get soft and fall off. It's all a matter of timing. I ought to write a book about it." Neither Gable or Warne ever did write that book because, frankly, no one would have given a damn.

7. The food of the future is here!

Also in 1934, doughnuts were promoted as "The Hit Food of the Century of Progress" at the Chicago World's Fair. The combination of fresh ingredients and the whizz-bang automation of the doughnut machine was the cause of much "oohing" and "ahhing" in the early twentieth century.

8. D'oh-nut

In 2013, the Daily Mail UK reported on a eight-year old boy who cleared ₤1000 out his parent's bank account after purchasing "virtual doughnuts" on The Simpsons iPad game, Tapped Out.  "Why, you little…"

9. The hole truth

It is believed the doughnut acquired its hole in the middle of the 19th century (there's a 'homemaker's catalogue' from 1870 that advertises equipment for cutting out said holes). The hole exists so the doughnut cooks evenly, making it golden and crisp on the outside and fresh and fluffy within.

10. And nothing but the hole truth

Every object has a point where all its mass is concentrated. Hit this centre of mass with a finger or similar, and the object should balance perfectly. The centre of mass for a holed doughnut is in the middle of the ring, also known as "thin air" or "nothing".  The point of the story is don't try and balance a doughnut on your nose, and not just because of how it will make you look.

Poor thing.
That looks like a rusty washer on top of raw ground turkey

kidding wom Smile
(03-19-2015, 03:15 PM)Tikilounge Wrote: That looks like a rusty washer on top of raw ground turkey

kidding wom Smile

I didn't make it and I'm not entirely sure I know what it is, so it's not my problem. Smile It's only one of the photographs from the article. Some of the other choices look more appetizing, but are unfortunately also huge!

Poor thing.
(03-19-2015, 03:24 PM)Wombitch Wrote: Some of the other choices look more appetizing, but are unfortunately also huge!

[Image: worlds-largest-donut.jpg]

Fixed for Australian perspective
(03-19-2015, 03:31 PM)Tikilounge Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 03:24 PM)Wombitch Wrote: Some of the other choices look more appetizing, but are unfortunately also huge!

[Image: worlds-largest-donut.jpg]

Fixed for Australian perspective

Yuck, no. Donut King is terrible.

I was thinking more along these lines...

[Image: Article%20Lead%20-%20wide975602891m32g7i...-620x0.jpg]

[Image: Article%20Lead%20-%20wide975602891m37rti...-620x0.jpg]

[Image: doughboy+donuts.jpg]

Poor thing.
Veni, vidi, vichi

[Image: lavazza-coffee-spoons-2164.jpg]
Fuck those pods, I think its Folgers with Lavazza's logo

I actually like Illy more than Lavazza but they only make cups for their own machine and this gay Keurig has made me really lazy...fuck you Illy

This is by far my favorite Italian coffee but very hard to find here;

[Image: perfectly_balanced_arabic_blend.jpg]
(03-13-2015, 09:43 PM)notoriousfavi Wrote: poverty Folgers

Whoops, sorry favi  Smile

I owe you a can of Lavazza
Maxwell House K-cups (because it was on sale for five bucks at Walmart)

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I didn't realize they roasted coffee with unflitered 1950's Lucky Strike cigarettes, definitely strong and going to poop much faster than usual
Hey guise...here is my favorite donut of all, right above chocolate sprinkled assholes.

[Image: VoodooDoughnut010.jpg]

Oh and heres a trick Tiki told me about. He said he cant decide what donut tastes best this way though:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/news/a20208/doughnut-on-penis/
(03-23-2015, 09:53 AM)29PalmsGrunt Wrote: Hey guise...here is the relative size of my asshole

[Image: 576px-Randys_Donuts.jpg]

Fixed  Smile
Yup, and just like the sign says, its open 24 hours.
I feel bad using that image because I don't like Randys donuts
(03-23-2015, 10:31 AM)Tikilounge Wrote: I feel bad using that image because I suck Randys nuts

No but for real though, there isnt any chain that makes these things that I stick with. Like someone else said, the little family owned ones are best in my opinion.