Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Coffee and Donuts
I will vouch for Philz Coffee in San Francisco as being the best coffee ever made. You can buy the whole beans to go, or if you order a drink, they slow drip each cup at varying temperatures (depending on the roast) for literally the best cup of coffee you've ever had.

http://www.philzcoffee.com
Phil looks like Shock G from Digital Underground

[Image: 8AOXfI5.jpg]
Wawa coffee via Kcup and a cheese danish from safeway...the bakery puts a brick of cream cheese inside and I can feel my heart slow down trying to process that shit
Best coffee and donuts are after Sunday mass, amirite?!
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
For a top notch experience around Wilmington I drive my ass over to Wake N Bake Donuts. Their coffee is damn good as well.

Honorable mention goes to 9 Bakery and Lounge. Their new Guinness donut is delicious, and I have learned that the baker doesn't cook off the alcohol he puts into the frosting so there's that.
(03-14-2015, 05:59 AM)hussaf Wrote: Benets Fresh Roast in Ft Myer, Fl is fantastic

"Holy shit" when I read "Fort Myers, FL."

Where at, dude? Ft. Myers is my hometown. I'll be back in June and would like something better than DD
That Maui Wauie and Boston Bacon sound good TC
I've been expecting you Mr. Damn
[Image: I+ve+been+expecting+you+_db1c430cb6cf0c8...a56225.jpg]
Are you going to actually stop at Glazed and Confused or just drive by like usual
I support my local shop. Korean family that's well respected by my stomach.
Vikings MC D37 Desert Racing
Desert Cycle Works 29 Palms
"Raising Grandchildren is Gods way of saying you shouldn't of had kids "
I like the Neapolitan (Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate) Latte from Biggby. That's all I have to add.
(03-17-2015, 11:50 AM)damn03 Wrote: Drive by probably, seems like weird hipster stuff. I like the shop by my house

Bacon stuffed donuts are hipster?
[Image: 3e8914_ba8b25ef04e84c53ab1632fdf88134c9....00_png_srb]

...and root beer stuffed?

[Image: 3e8914_f994f3902ed540b4b792d72f43c2ed89....00_png_srb]

this maybe...
[Image: 3e8914_9afc5c2edbb34f18b0ca2f03fdc680ce....00_png_srb]
Jalapeno cerveza cream cheese donut with chipotle drizzle
(03-17-2015, 01:28 PM)Tikilounge Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 11:50 AM)damn03 Wrote: Drive by probably, seems like weird hipster stuff. I like the shop by my house

this maybe...
[Image: 3e8914_9afc5c2edbb34f18b0ca2f03fdc680ce....00_png_srb]
Jalapeno cerveza cream cheese donut with chipotle drizzle

The thought of this makes my butthole weep
None of that looks appealing.

There's supposedly a kick-ass donut shop in Carolina Beach called Britts.
I have yet to check it out.
At least I think that's where it is. Haven't been yet.
revengeofintelweeny:this girl is full of epicness +1. why can't there be more like minded people like her out there, geez ChaplainKM:I approve of the tazzie PV. Sh-tStirrer:Taz, I love you. zx6rdr:taz, erryone lik your pie
Britt's is good if you want a regular glazed donut like from KK but want something delicious that won't male you feel like a lard ass afterwards.
I'm sorry, but all of those look disgusting, Tiki
NSFgirl [28|Apr 06:29 AM]: Look, I have 3 holes, and 2 are free to be used. Don't be greedy and expect the 3rd too.
Why are deep fat fryers so expensive? Sadface
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Because the good things in life aren't free son
(03-17-2015, 02:31 PM)TD Sprinkles Wrote: I'm sorry, but all of those look disgusting, Tiki

[Image: 368c093eff3abd167a6f7d866f4a8bf2.jpg]
We don't have such contrasting varieties out here so I appreciate culinary exposure like bacon stuffed root beer donuts out of regional appetite boredom.

I also do not own a fedora fuckface
(03-17-2015, 04:27 PM)damn03 Wrote: tiki, thats all hipster bullshit
I disagree. There are a lot of small shoppes across America that make specialty doughnuts, sometimes odd ones. It's loke microbreweries. Sure there are people who are into the scene just because, but that shouldn't detract from the novelty or experience
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-16-2015, 05:40 PM)npr Wrote: Best coffee and donuts are after Sunday mass, amirite?!

Yes. Yes, you are.

I did try a rose-flavoured donut the other day that was intriguing, but on the whole my preference sits with "friar's balls" all day every day. Custard, dulce de leche, quince paste...pick one, any one, I will eat it.

[Image: Bolas-Fraile-dulce-leche.jpg]

A hot jam donut is a passable substitute. Smile
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.
(03-17-2015, 05:04 PM)npr Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 04:27 PM)damn03 Wrote: tiki, thats all hipster bullshit
I disagree.  There are a lot of small shoppes across America that make specialty doughnuts, sometimes odd ones.  It's like microbreweries.  Sure there are people who are into the scene just because, but that shouldn't detract from the novelty or experience

Somebody stole your idea NPR

[Image: lb-mdonut-vectortype-reference.png]
Does it have vegemite in there?
(03-17-2015, 05:48 PM)damn03 Wrote: Holy shit, wombitch, that looks unbelievably delicious!

They are brilliant. I love them. One like that, with the dulce de leche inside, would be sweet enough to make your teeth fall out from twenty paces. There are other varieties that are more like pastries than donuts, and they may be either savoury or sweet. That was bolas de fraile - Friar's Balls or Monk's Balls. This

[Image: IMG2685-640x640.jpg]

is a medialuna, like a little croissant.

[Image: IMG2687-640x640.jpg]

This is a vijilante.

[Image: miguelitos1500x1125.jpg]

These are miguelitos.

There are lots of kinds, with lots of fillings. Monk's Balls have always been my favourite, but I can't get them easily in Australia unless I make them myself.

Quote:Does it have vegemite in there?

It's an interesting thought. I would experiment with it next time I make them, but I detest vegemite!
A penis lives a terrible life. His hair is a mess, his family are nuts, his neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy, someone keeps beating him...

Poor thing.