Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EAS on BCP
So I'm over my max weight by 1lbs and I don't tape out by 1%, normally I've heard they give Marines something like a week to a month to lose the weight before being assigned to BCP, but if my unit decides not to and I do get put on BCP for x months (I think 6 is average?), that would be past my EAS date. Can I still EAS while on BCP? If so do I lose any benefits? No NJPs/page 11 and my average marks in service are 4.6/4.6.

inb4 ur fat
Is losing one pound that big of a deal?
yeah one pound, my ass.
look out butt, here comes my finger.<br /><br />
(01-26-2014, 07:46 AM)npr Wrote:<br />Never get in a pissing contest with a skunk<br />
Its unlikely to be retained in order to lose weight so they can discharge you. Ive never seen it, but then again I havent seen too many Marines with weight or measurement problems. It seems like if anything, they would want you gone. Like this:

[Image: go-be-fat-somewhere-else.jpg]
Tough crowd.
Yeah,...So?
Get them to send you to Bridgeport. I've never busted tape, and I've always been 20-30+ pounds over my weight. 192 my ass. The only time since HS I've weighed less than my max weight was after Bridgeport. Over 20lbs in 2 weeks.

How do you bust tape though? I carry all my extra weight in my gut, and I can easily suck it in. I kinda hope they do keep you, just cause it would make for a great story.

Mike
(03-12-2015, 08:28 PM)handrick Wrote: So I'm over my max weight by 1lbs and I don't tape out by 1%, normally I've heard they give Marines something like a week to a month to lose the weight before being assigned to BCP, but if my unit decides not to and I do get put on BCP for x months (I think 6 is average?), that would be past my EAS date. Can I still EAS while on BCP? If so do I lose any benefits? No NJPs/page 11 and my average marks in service are 4.6/4.6.

inb4 ur fat

You can lose 1 pound LITERALLY overnight and make weight the next day. Go for a 5 mile run wearing a hoody; thats all water weight. You can even be 3 pounds under or so. 1 Lb is nothing. Suck it up and hit the pavement.

Unrelated: The taping system is fucking retarded; if you have a small neck, you're pretty much fucked.
Victim of the negative karma bugger
(03-13-2015, 06:43 AM)crazymjb Wrote: Get them to send you to Bridgeport. I've never busted tape, and I've always been 20-30+ pounds over my weight. 192 my ass. The only time since HS I've weighed less than my max weight was after Bridgeport. Over 20lbs in 2 weeks.

How do you bust tape though? I carry all my extra weight in my gut, and I can easily suck it in. I kinda hope they do keep you, just cause it would make for a great story.

Mike

Had pretty much the same problem my whole time in. I was always 10-12 over but would tape out. There was no fucking way in the world, at 6'4" with my build, that I was going to weigh in at 214 or whatever it was for 75" without losing a lot of muscle mass and coming out the other side looking like a holocaust victim.
Just a dumb grunt.
No one here is actually answering OP's question. And neither will I. (I don't know the answer)
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
I dont see that OP has an issue. He can literally weigh in today, be 1 pound over, and weight in tomorrow and be 3 pounds under. Just take a shit, a piss, and go for a run. Its a non issue.
(03-13-2015, 11:10 AM)frankieb Wrote: I dont see that OP has an issue. He can literally weigh in today, be 1 pound over, and weight in tomorrow and be 3 pounds under. Just take a shit, a piss, and go for a run. Its a non issue.

^This^
The last time I had a weigh in I was in the same boat (1 pound over), went to the gym for an hour or so and came back the same day and was 2 under. buggers still made me draw blood and be on the "pending BCP list" for 90 days but that's just because they are assholes. As far as keeping you, if its your second assignment they can only hold you for PCS but not EAS. First assignment you can even PCS
Señor Cookie [14|Apr 05:03 AM]: I ALWAYS GAIN SEXUAL PLEASURE FROM WATCHING REBECCA BLACK<br />Señor Cookie [14|Apr 05:03 AM]: Yeah, I'm 21 and she is 13. But I'd still fuck her. YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT!
Yeah, but suppose OP is really 10lbs overweight or something. He gonna shed that overnight too?
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-13-2015, 04:33 PM)npr Wrote: Yeah, but suppose OP is really 10lbs overweight or something.  He gonna shed that overnight too?

Obviously not, but im going strictly off what he said.
You can still EAS even if you're assigned to BCP. It is not something detrimental that will require for you to be kept on contract. Please read the BCP manual for your answer ... Who knew your answer would've been in a manual.

Sent from the border using cartels
[Image: emkTH.png]
CTRL+ALT+DELETE, TAB, ENTER, ENTER. My day is over.
Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.
Monica Mol laying down the smack! Yeah, dude. Check with your S3. They will have the manual, probably with lots of book marks and highlighted parts from fat-bodies past.
Also I was near my max for my last 2 years in the corps. If you can't drop one pound, then something is seriously wrong with you.
(09-24-2014, 05:32 AM)damn03 pid=' Wrote:<br />dont question yoss, he knows everything and youre wrong.<br />
(03-13-2015, 09:03 AM)Handicap Wrote:
(03-13-2015, 06:43 AM)crazymjb Wrote: Get them to send you to Bridgeport. I've never busted tape, and I've always been 20-30+ pounds over my weight. 192 my ass. The only time since HS I've weighed less than my max weight was after Bridgeport. Over 20lbs in 2 weeks.

Mike

Had pretty much the same problem my whole time in. I was always 10-12 over but would tape out. There was no fucking way in the world, at 6'4" with my build, that I was going to weigh in at 214 or whatever it was for 75" without losing a lot of muscle mass   fat and coming out the other side looking like a holocaust victim United States Marine.
By our standards, 99% of the top athletes in the NFL (NOT to inlclude linemen who are obviously fat) would be WAY over the standards; same applies to some of the forwards and centers in the NBA. The taping method is also retarded; if you're neck is small, you're essentially fucked. I hated seeing legit FAT Marines in the gym doing neck excercises during PFT season when we would generally weigh in. And you know what? Those fat fuckers almost always taped out cuz...big neck was "proportionate" to their waist according to the standards, while you had guys with genetically different bodies and small necks not making tape and being a couple pounds over. Ive never had to tape, but Ive consistently been 3-5 pounds right under my max (I was 18lbs under my max the 1st few months in 29 Palms until I put weight back on). I can still bust out a 290 PFT and I refuse to get lighter despite the S3 wook telling me "be careful, you're right on the edge."
Stop being fat.
ABACABB Reservist 02s are some of the biggest motards Except for SS 17 Aug 04:17
I made weight so it doesn't matter. Thanks for the answers.
I can lose 10 pounds in 24 hours easy. Feel like crap the next day but its possible. Lots of trash bag treadmill work along with the miracle drink from walmart to clean you out. Add dip to spit a pound or two out. If you need more, fill the bath with as hot a water as you can stand, and get in so just your face is out. Stay in for twenty minutes, then get out for ten. Repeat a few times, you will have sweat a ton of water weight out.

Then go weigh in, and commence rehydration.
Congratulations on your achievement. It must have been a titanic struggle to lose those final 16 ounces. BRAVO ZULU DEVIL DOG
You're horrible
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
(03-15-2015, 11:25 AM)frankieb Wrote: By our standards, 99% of the top athletes in the NFL (NOT to inlclude linemen who are obviously fat) would be WAY over the standards; same applies to some of the forwards and centers in the NBA. The taping method is also retarded; if you're neck is small, you're essentially fucked. I hated seeing legit FAT Marines in the gym doing neck excercises during PFT season when we would generally weigh in. And you know what? Those fat fuckers almost always taped out cuz...big neck was "proportionate" to their waist according to the standards, while you had guys with genetically different bodies and small necks not making tape and being a couple pounds over. Ive never had to tape, but Ive consistently been 3-5 pounds right under my max (I was 18lbs under my max the 1st few months in 29 Palms until I put weight back on). I can still bust out a 290 PFT and I refuse to get lighter despite the S3 wook telling me "be careful, you're right on the edge."

BMI and the like is okay for a bunch of young kids that have superfast metabolisms and run all the damn time. I'm in better shape now than when I was in but now I would be considered "almost overweight." Night/day difference between 18 year old me and going on 28 year old me.
(03-29-2015, 10:30 AM)ABACABB Wrote:
(03-15-2015, 11:25 AM)frankieb Wrote: By our standards, 99% of the top athletes in the NFL (NOT to inlclude linemen who are obviously fat) would be WAY over the standards; same applies to some of the forwards and centers in the NBA. The taping method is also retarded; if you're neck is small, you're essentially fucked. I hated seeing legit FAT Marines in the gym doing neck excercises during PFT season when we would generally weigh in. And you know what? Those fat fuckers almost always taped out cuz...big neck was "proportionate" to their waist according to the standards, while you had guys with genetically different bodies and small necks not making tape and being a couple pounds over. Ive never had to tape, but Ive consistently been 3-5 pounds right under my max (I was 18lbs under my max the 1st few months in 29 Palms until I put weight back on). I can still bust out a 290 PFT and I refuse to get lighter despite the S3 wook telling me "be careful, you're right on the edge."

I'm old and fat.

Isn't this what you mean?
Yeah,...So?
I just think the taping system is retarded. I've seen fattys with thick necks make tape because.....they have thick necks. For some guys it literally comes down to a half inch less on their neckline or half inch more on their waistline that makes or breaks them when its time to tape; and they look fine and have no issues with PT.