Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
MECEP Thread
(04-21-2015, 09:15 AM)Semper_Topo Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 03:07 PM)dotKev Wrote: How has everyone submitted their official college transcripts with the package? In a sealed envelope from the school, with the transcripts loose..? I've heard conflicting things, and I've also heard it doesn't matter.
I would keep them in the envelope.  They come sealed and once that seal is broken, they are considered to be tampered with.  Just keep them in the envelope they come in.

I believe I sent in copies, but I had the adjutant or someone like that at my unit put a "certified original" stamp on them. That way they could be reviewed in typical package format without having to rip open envelopes at each command level.
(04-20-2015, 03:07 PM)dotKev Wrote: How has everyone submitted their official college transcripts with the package? In a sealed envelope from the school, with the transcripts loose..? I've heard conflicting things, and I've also heard it doesn't matter.

All you need to do is follow the sample package's example.  It tells you exactly where to include the transcript.  I know that for my school, they sent me the official transcript in PDF format.  You definitely don't need it sealed in an envelope or anything crazy, as long as it is marked "official" as opposed to unofficial.
The user formerly known as Hoad.
I appreciate the input guys. Unfortunately I already opened the official transcripts I have, and I really don't feel like spending the money to order the exact same thing again.. Just going to go with what I have.
Oh wow, not starting a new thread but posting in an existing. They're learning
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
So, of those accepted on this last board, who has received orders or a funding letter yet?
Don't you write your own orders on DTS? You'll need to wait for the funding letter to come through. It'll come through, much later than will feel comfortable. Make sure you have positive comms with Spencer.
after this long journey with ya'll, I don't know if I will be making it to this summer class. I might get bumped to the next. My medical hasn't got approved and I'm stuck in the armpit of Africa, where nothing gets sped up even if I want it to Sad
(05-08-2015, 12:01 AM)RAB Wrote: after this long journey with ya'll, I don't know if I will be making it to this summer class. I might get bumped to the next. My medical hasn't got approved and I'm stuck in the armpit of Africa, where nothing gets sped up even if I want it to Sad

I hear ya brother.  I was waiting on medical too until today, as they just sent out an updated funding letter.  Message me your name, and I'll check if you were on it!
Has anyone had to stand on people's desks to get these damn endorsements signed off on? Still awaiting my BN CO's and I feel like it is taking forever (endorsement draft was submitted to him last Wednesday). I understand everyone is busy and endorsements aren't exactly on the top of a priority list, but I can't help but feel a bit worried about meeting deadlines with each passing day.

I'm probably just over-thinking it though.
(05-11-2015, 04:00 PM)dotKev Wrote: Has anyone had to stand on people's desks to get these damn endorsements signed off on? Still awaiting my BN CO's and I feel like it is taking forever (endorsement draft was submitted to him last Wednesday). I understand everyone is busy and endorsements aren't exactly on the top of a priority list, but I can't help but feel a bit worried about meeting deadlines with each passing day.

I'm probably just over-thinking it though.

This is why you gotta make sure they understand your deadlines, bro, and give them enough time for you to be able to meet them. I would respectfully ask for an update and see if maybe that will make them realize that this is something you really need...
Oh I've made it quite evident to people in my chain of command about the due dates. They know but it just seems like it's taking forever.

Its not due to 2d MARDIV until 5 June so I think I'm pretty good as far as time goes. All I need left is my CO and regimental endorsements (and of course the following general officer endorsement at division). I've already asked for an update but that's about all I can do at this point I presume. All I get back is that my XO has it.

Like I said earlier, hopefully I'm just over-thinking it.
C'mon, it's still May. You know how fast the CoC acts... Good luck, bope someone gets their act together
The Kool-Aid is a lie.
Well, nevermind. Endorsement got signed and sent up the chain today. Glad it was just me.

Anyone else applying for board 2?
219, are you ready? Big Grin
(05-28-2015, 03:30 AM)RAB Wrote: 219, are you ready? Big Grin

Have fun, it's everything you think it will be and so much more. Or maybe it's mostly cardio and carbohydrates and stuff.
Out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else that is going to your OCC) prepared any differently PT wise since the selection MARADMIN came out?
(05-29-2015, 02:19 PM)dotKev Wrote:
Out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else that is going to your OCC) prepared any differently PT wise since the selection MARADMIN came out?

I'm saying this without a hint of sarcasm:

Don't waste your time at the gym.
Wish your gains goodbye.
Run. Bodyweight exercises. Run again. Repeat.

There's your OCS fitness prep.
I figured as much. Sounds like I'm already covering the bases. I just wanted to hear how others change their training plans for the last month or two in an attempt to become better at cardio. Not saying everyone does it, but it seems to be a trend with a few other MECEP Marines I know.
Welp, package is at division now and will be at HQMC by the end of the month. These next five months are going to kill me... slowly.
My Gunner package is sitting at TECOM right now, I don't have to wait 5 months at least. Should know third week of July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(10-03-2014, 09:51 AM)austinjking pid=' Wrote:<br />About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore<br />
I envy your waiting period greatly. Best of luck to you.
(06-02-2015, 05:46 PM)dotKev Wrote: I envy your waiting period greatly. Best of luck to you.

And same to you.

(10-03-2014, 09:51 AM)austinjking pid=' Wrote:<br />About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore<br />
(06-01-2015, 03:36 PM)Rerun0369 Wrote: My Gunner package is sitting at TECOM right now, I don't have to wait 5 months at least. Should know third week of July.

What is all that is needed to submit for a CWO package? The sources on marines.mil are from the early 2000's. My 8 year mark is next July, would you know how soon I can submit for it?

Thanks 
If you are talking about a Gunner package, normally you have to be a GySgt with 15 years ToS. This year they dropped it to 14 years.

Needed in the package is as follows:
1. 300-400 word essay on why you want to be a Gunner.
2. Bio/Data sheet
3. BTR
4. BIR
5. AWDS PAGE
6. PG11&12
7. PHOTO
8. EDU Page
9. Medical Screening
10. Endorsements from Company CO through Division CO.

If you look up MCO 1040.42A it has examples of everything you need.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
(06-06-2015, 02:53 AM)Rerun0369 Wrote: If you are talking about a Gunner package, normally you have to be a GySgt with 15 years ToS. This year they dropped it to 14 years.

Needed in the package is as follows:
1. 300-400 word essay on why you want to be a Gunner.
2. Bio/Data sheet
3. BTR
4. BIR
5. AWDS PAGE
6. PG11&12
7. PHOTO
8. EDU Page
9. Medical Screening
10. Endorsements from Company CO through Division CO.

If you look up MCO 1040.42A it has examples of everything you need.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Was just for a regular CWO, not Gunner. Thanks for the information. Seems like nothing much different than any other package out there.