Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
MECEP Thread
The "Ask a MECEP Anything" thread back on the old forums was an invaluable resource, so I'm hoping this thread will see the same success.

For the uninformed: the FY16 MARADMIN came out yesterday - http://www.marines.mil/News/Messages/MessagesDisplay/tabid/13286/Article/173252/mcbul-1040-fiscal-year-2016-fy16-ecp-mecep-mcp-r-and-recp-selection-boards.aspx

I'll be submitting for board 2. It's going to be a lengthy process, but I am hopeful it will pay off in the end.
What happened to the other forum? I submitted for the last board and currently waiting on the results. If anyone has questions, I'll do my best to help ! Good luck to the ones that are also waiting for this last board results !
Well, I unfortunately will now have to submit for board 3 in order to get my reenlistment bonus. Bummer. Oh well, more time for refinement. Still going to start getting everything together. Problem is now that I'll be leaving my unit by July so all rapport I've established here will be somewhat useless when it comes time for endorsements and whatnot. Oh well.

EDIT: RAB, the other forum servers died or some shit. Good luck on your package. I will be PMing you some specific questions shortly.
I am on the current board too. Hopefully we will be going to OCS together.
(03-07-2015, 04:25 PM)I LXxbleegxx Wrote: I am on the current board too. Hopefully we will be going to OCS together.

Awesome! Let's wait on these results to come out then. 
The old threads were helpful to me too. I would look through these as LCpl and Cpl waiting for the day I was qualified, and now it's here! I thought I might as well take part then and pay it forward.

I'm applying to board 1 this year. Finishing up the package this week. I have the command board Thursday, and so far I seem to have positive support in my unit.

I'll post about the board later, and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I know I will have some at some point.
Just a piece of advice: ensure yall's OMPF are up-to-date... Don't get called out at the last minute for stuff you might be missing 
Hey guys, this is Hoad.  I had to make a new account after the server crash..TL was starting to get weird on me!!  Anyways, This waiting is brutal!  I called MCRC today, and they said it would still be about another month before the Maradmin is out Undecided
The user formerly known as Hoad.
A month?!!!! I've been expecting like two more weeks -_- as you said, this waiting is brutal! 
This waiting is painful! I looked at the past boards the typical time is 3 weeks. I'm hoping for that!
(03-10-2015, 06:22 AM)Xxbleegxx Wrote: This waiting is painful! I looked at the past boards the typical time is 3 weeks. I'm hoping for that!

Me too man.  Like that old saying goes: Hope for the best, but plan for the worst!
We've been in agony for a couple of months now, that's not including the work while putting it all together... Now is just a matter of staying positive and waiting for these days to go by quick! Lol
Does anyone know how the actual board works? Like, how long does it take to select the Marines and how the process go? As I understand it, everyone gets briefed one at a time, so I'm sure this will take a while, no? 
(03-10-2015, 07:36 PM)RAB Wrote: Does anyone know how the actual board works? Like, how long does it take to select the Marines and how the process go? As I understand it, everyone gets briefed one at a time, so I'm sure this will take a while, no? 

When I spoke to the MECEP program manager, she told me that this past board convened Monday, March 2, and adjourned Friday, March 6.  I'm guessing it's the selections being approved by the CG that takes so long.
(03-11-2015, 01:06 AM)Too Tall Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 07:36 PM)RAB Wrote: Does anyone know how the actual board works? Like, how long does it take to select the Marines and how the process go? As I understand it, everyone gets briefed one at a time, so I'm sure this will take a while, no? 

When I spoke to the MECEP program manager, she told me that this past board convened Monday, March 2, and adjourned Friday, March 6.  I'm guessing it's the selections being approved by the CG that takes so long.

Approved like "signed", or does he/she really go through every single package and makes a decision?
(03-11-2015, 03:52 AM)RAB Wrote:

Approved like "signed", or does he/she really go through every single package and makes a decision?
I find this funny. I thought I was the only one having this much anxiety. My girlfriend is jealous because I think about MECEP more than her. Haha. 
(03-11-2015, 04:53 AM)Xxbleegxx Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 03:52 AM)RAB Wrote:

I find this funny. I thought I was the only one having this much anxiety. My girlfriend is jealous because I think about MECEP more than her. Haha. 

hahaha... I just can't help it. It's been too much waiting. And this wait it's the most tedious part -_-
A great idea for those who will be submitting. Get accepted to a NROTC affiliate college and send that in with your package. I would recommend looking for an easy school to get into just to get an acceptance letter. Then it not only helps you with your MECEP package it also will be a safety school.
Just finished my package for board 1 today. A lot changed with the new MARADMIN and on the example application on the MCRC website. My command board was last Thursday, so i'll talk about that briefly for any future MECEPers browsing the thread.

I was the only one applying to MECEP in my command, so I didn't have to worry about any competition on that level. I had briefly met the two Captains who were on the board, and there was a Major as well. I reported in the same way as for any board, but noticed that they didn't give me a chair so I had to stand for the interview. Each of them had three questions. They were mostly hypothetical questions, with a random one about favorite leadership traits thrown in.

Overall it wasn't that bad. They wanted to see me maintain bearing and come up with reasonably articulate responses to their questions, which I did. They wrote the report and my ADJ got it in the package for me. As an aside, the package took pretty long, but wasn't as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard. Took me about 2 weeks, but that's with me having some templates to go off of from a prior MECEP.

If anyone is wondering how you get this board going, the admin should send something out letting everyone know the first level deadline (Battalion or Squadron) then you ask your OIC to reach out and get the gears moving for you.
(03-16-2015, 03:53 PM)slap_bump_roll Wrote: Just finished my package for board 1 today. A lot changed with the new MARADMIN and on the example application on the MCRC website. My command board was last Thursday, so i'll talk about that briefly for any future MECEPers browsing the thread.

I was the only one applying to MECEP in my command, so I didn't have to worry about any competition on that level. I had briefly met the two Captains who were on the board, and there was a Major as well. I reported in the same way as for any board, but noticed that they didn't give me a chair so I had to stand for the interview. Each of them had three questions. They were mostly hypothetical questions, with a random one about favorite leadership traits thrown in.

Overall it wasn't that bad. They wanted to see me maintain  bearing and come up with reasonably articulate responses to their questions, which I did. They wrote the report and my ADJ got it in the package for me. As an aside, the package took pretty long, but wasn't as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard. Took me about 2 weeks, but that's with me having some templates to go off of from a prior MECEP.

If anyone is wondering how you get this board going, the admin should send something out letting everyone know the first level deadline (Battalion or Squadron) then you ask your OIC to reach out and get the gears moving for you.

This sounds exactly like my board at the group level.  Same style interview and everything.  Must be an officer thing.  Anyways, I applied to FY15 board 3, so hopefully we don't have to compete with each other Smile
yeah, most of my qiestions were pretty genetic as well... just make sure you stay confident and don't lose your bearing.
(03-16-2015, 03:53 PM)slap_bump_roll Wrote: Just finished my package for board 1 today. A lot changed with the new MARADMIN and on the example application on the MCRC website. My command board was last Thursday, so i'll talk about that briefly for any future MECEPers browsing the thread.

Overall it wasn't that bad. They wanted to see me maintain  bearing and come up with reasonably articulate responses to their questions, which I did. They wrote the report and my ADJ got it in the package for me. As an aside, the package took pretty long, but wasn't as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard. Took me about 2 weeks, but that's with me having some templates to go off of from a prior MECEP.

Thanks for this info. I figured the command board would be more or less leadership-oriented. Looking forward to it. What else exactly changed from FY15 to FY16? I didn't notice anything overly major when reading the MARADMIN.
Thanks for this info. I figured the command board would be more or less leadership-oriented. Looking forward to it. What else exactly changed from FY15 to FY16? I didn't notice anything overly major when reading the MARADMIN.
I may have exaggerated, but there are a decent number of changes I noticed, although I'm not as familiar with the fy15 maradmin. There's a new checklist and that's the only enclosure now. There's also at least one new SOU to do.

The example application was updated twice in the past few weeks, and I'm fairly certain they want you to go off of that as much as possible.
This waiting is surely killing me....On a related note, who is submitting for FY16 board 1?  I'm ready to submit again, but hope I won't need to!  Big Grin
(03-21-2015, 06:09 AM)Too Tall Wrote: This waiting is surely killing me....On a related note, who is submitting for FY16 board 1?  I'm ready to submit again, but hope I won't need to!  Big Grin

Well, I'm hoping I don't have to resubmit. But If so, let's it be. We got this, I know. The MARADMIN needs to hurry up and come out... And on the Board 1 subject, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.