Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Cpl apez's Euro -propaganda
(01-23-2016, 02:08 PM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: How many captured Soviet tanks do you guys still have? Are any of them still operational?

numbers: don't know, plenty, as for "operational", there are many tanks in working condition for use in movies and parades etc.
"Lord is the guardian of the crazy and the drunk"
"Cats and drunkards have nine lives"
- Finnish sayings

"God must love crazy people, he made so many of them"

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

"Marines don't die, they just go to Hell and re-group"
That's so awesome

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
(03-04-2015, 09:19 AM)apez Wrote: the original thread with the guide on Finnish provinces is gone with the old forum, but here's the last part;

Åland (Ahvenanmaa)

An autonomous province of Finland, Åland is a group of islands and skerries between Swedish mainland and Turku archipelago. While the islands are closer to Swedish mainland than Finland, they are considered a natural continuation of the Turku archipelago and therefore part of Finland, though due to geopolitical reasons the islands have been de-militarized ever since the Crimean War. The province's status as an autonomous region of Finland has resulted in a situation where the people living on the islands enjoy all of the advantages of being part of Finland while remaining free of things like mandatory military service, during the WWII Åland's autonomy made it de jure neutral, allowing merchant ships sailing under the flag of Åland to trade with both the Axis and the British Commonwealth, and both sides usually left the Ålandish ships alone as neither side could ever tell which ship was carrying freight to which side. Some ships traveled all the way from Europe to Australia and back during the war, transporting grain for the British.

As of today Åland holds two permanent seats in the Finnish parliament, and anyone who is not a permanent resident of the islands is barred from owning land in Åland, including but not limited to Finnish citizens from the Finnish mainland. Most of Åland consists of skerries small islands, some of which are nothing more than bare rocks sticking out of the sea. According to some sources, the quality of life in Åland is higher than in any other region of an EU -member state.

found this some time ago, the anthem of Åland (in Swedish because Åland):

- Finnish sayings

How do mainland Finns and Swedes feel about Aland?

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
(01-27-2016, 02:33 PM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: How do mainland Finns and Swedes feel about Aland?

our side: SATW is pretty close, dunno about the accuracy of SATW's depiction of .se/.ax...
- Finnish sayings

meanwhile in Sweden (@Xyborg, is that you?):
[Image: 1449tap.jpg]
- Finnish sayings

bueno

(02-06-2016, 05:21 PM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: bueno

I take it you are talking about that Mauser?
- Finnish sayings

The mauser, the girl, and the guard's pimpin uniform.

Oh hey Apez, there was a guy at the shooting range yesterday with a Valmet M78 in 7.62 NATO. Freaking sexy rifle.

Is Finland being Islamicized at the same rate as the rest of Europe?
about islamicization: in order to give a reliable answer I'd have to go and see the situation elsewhere in Europe, for the time being it's fairly unlikely that Finland is going to be "islamicized" anytime soon.

On a completely unrelated note, a propaganda poster from winter of 1939-1940:
[Image: 2pzekhu.jpg]
it translates as something like:
"Finland's cause is ours!
For the sake of a great struggle
come join (the) Volunteers"
- Finnish sayings

what your average day at base hospital looks like:
[Image: i1ib9f.jpg]
Medic 1: "36.3 degrees" (>37 is considered fever)
Doctor: "OK, in that case there's nothing to worry about! Fit for service & back to his unit!"
- Finnish sayings

In our military, they'd say "here's some motrin, have a nice day, no you don't get quarters or a light duty profile."

(02-12-2016, 07:17 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: In our military, they'd say "here's some motrin, have a nice day, no you don't get quarters or a light duty profile."

You forgot about that part where they'd tell you to drink plenty of water...
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

And change your socks.
(02-07-2016, 04:39 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: Oh hey Apez, there was a guy at the shooting range yesterday with a Valmet M78 in 7.62 NATO. Freaking sexy rifle.

somehow I managed to forget about this post: cool, I want one (or a dozen, can't ever have too many Rk variants...)

also you were asking about translated spurdo comics (I know, I posted on facebook, but looks like fb resized them):
[Image: 34xngpk.png]

[Image: 34hxekj.jpg]
- Finnish sayings

I'm really glad you can appreciate English speakers talking shit about your country through meme cartoons.
(03-07-2016, 06:19 AM)soup Wrote: I'm really glad you can appreciate English speakers talking shit about your country through meme cartoons.

fairly certain both of those were made by a Finn.
- Finnish sayings

I think the last one speaks for all westerners. 
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(03-08-2016, 12:01 PM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: I think the last one speaks for all westerners. 

yeah, you ain't true Westerner until your people have hosed rooskies with SMGs and Panzerfausted/satchel charge'd T-34s.
- Finnish sayings

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of getting cucked by the cultural Marxist Jews 
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.
(03-08-2016, 01:03 PM)HardCoreTurtle Wrote: Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of getting cucked by the cultural Marxist Jews 

Please tell us more about how your ancestors were all good, WASP New Englanders who fought in the American Revolution, Seabee...
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

Finland invades Norway!

- Finnish sayings

I recall writing on the old forum about there being ruins of a castle/fort dating back to early/pre-Swedish times here in Häme, I looked into it and it looks like there are 19 other "castle mountains" in Häme alone, not much is known about them (researchers can't even agree how old they are), the one I talked about, located in Hakoinen, seems to be from late 13th/early14th century, Novgorodian chronicles mention an attack against a castle in the area in 1311, and the description given in the chronicles seems to fit what is known about the Hakoinen castle, the chronicles call the defenders "Germans", which could refer to either Swedes or Danes (apparently those fuckers were fooling around in what is today known as Uusimaa (literally "Newland") on the Finnish Gulf coast), this is the only known reference to this fortification, though some claim that the castle built by Birger Jarl during the Second Swedish crusade was in fact this one in Hakoinen when in the past it was assumed that it was Häme castle that Birger Jarl ordered to be built.
- Finnish sayings