Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Cpl apez's Euro -propaganda
Finish war heroes be crazy. You guys have a linneage of cool duders.

(03-21-2015, 07:57 AM)Aaryq Wrote: How did the MG-42 shoot and how many fractions of a second after it starts shooting do you last before getting a boner?

Since I'm a lowly sad infantry-dog I only had the pleassure to fire it (the modern MG3 verison) on one occasion, just got to spray it randomly. Couldn't really review it more than: the fire rate is insane. That thing sprays bullets like crazy. Next to it the KSP 58 (swedish designation of M240) seems like a toy. It is glorious beyond comprehension. That sound is even better in real life than in the movies. As for the second question I think the boner emerges before you actually fire it.
IT'S SPURDO SPARDE TIME

[Image: 229.jpg]

[Image: 469.png]

[Image: spurdo_102.jpg]

[Image: 181.jpg]

[Image: 937.jpg]

[Image: spurdoskyrim1.jpg]

[Image: 716.png]

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
damnit, Spurdo has found Terminal lance, I predict lots of butthurt
[Image: 27ys5d3.jpg]
[Image: 2hx20df.png]

[Image: 16nu2w.gif]
"Lord is the guardian of the crazy and the drunk"
"Cats and drunkards have nine lives"
- Finnish sayings

"God must love crazy people, he made so many of them"

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

"Marines don't die, they just go to Hell and re-group"
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n2rq7qgLan1qb2cfso1_500.jpg]

So other than BURDO BORDO, what is Finnish humor like in general?

half of the fun of being in the Air Force is watching the other branches get confused and outraged about it
Okay, so are those Spurdo memes actually made by Finns, or is that just Americans making fun of Finns making fun of Americans?
(04-05-2015, 10:04 PM)soup Wrote: Okay, so are those Spurdo memes actually made by Finns, or is that just Americans making fun of Finns making fun of Americans?
some of the ones above are certainly by Finns, such as that last one Corvus posted, and there's an image board full of Spurdo memes by Finns.

(04-05-2015, 07:18 PM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: So other than BURDO BORDO, what is Finnish humor like in general?
Pretty similar to Russian and German humor.
- Finnish sayings

What the fuck? Corvus, un-fuck yourself!
BORK BORK BORK

Slav humor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5t-zH0N3-M
a random thought crossed my mind; there's an old joke that only works in Finnish language, it's supposedly a joke for primary schoolers about how Jesus was able to feed a crowd of five thousand with just five loaves of bread and two fish; basically the Finnish words for "two fish" can, by adding one syllable, be turned into "two pig farms", so instead of five loaves and two fish it was five loaves and two pig farms, and considering the crowd was Jewish the joke is suddenly rather offensive. Any thoughts about that?

And yes, I found the realisation somewhat amusing.
- Finnish sayings

(04-06-2015, 08:18 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: BORK BORK BORK

That's Swedish, dumbass.

[Image: 2fd2af59d1f4fdc04d1f1b30ebaee2bc.jpg]
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

(04-08-2015, 01:35 PM)IamIan Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 08:18 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: BORK BORK BORK

That's Swedish, dumbass.

[Image: 2fd2af59d1f4fdc04d1f1b30ebaee2bc.jpg]
not without umlauts it's not

BÖRK BÖRK BÖRK

that's how it's done.
- Finnish sayings

Aaaaaah... Swedish Chef... the most delightfully racist Muppets character ever. Rolleyes
Yowie on tater tot burritos: CombatWombat Ian old mate, that's an abomination and I want it 20 Jan 20:39

(04-08-2015, 08:26 AM)apez Wrote: a random thought crossed my mind; there's an old joke that only works in Finnish language, it's supposedly a joke for primary schoolers about how Jesus was able to feed a crowd of five thousand with just five loaves of bread and two fish; basically the Finnish words for "two fish" can, by adding one syllable, be turned into "two pig farms", so instead of five loaves and two fish it was five loaves and two pig farms, and considering the crowd was Jewish the joke is suddenly rather offensive. Any thoughts about that?

Finns having vaguely antisemitic jokes for schoolchildren? Never would have guessed!  Tongue
(04-08-2015, 08:26 AM)apez Wrote: a random thought crossed my mind; there's an old joke that only works in Finnish language, it's supposedly a joke for primary schoolers about how Jesus was able to feed a crowd of five thousand with just five loaves of bread and two fish; basically the Finnish words for "two fish" can, by adding one syllable, be turned into "two pig farms", so instead of five loaves and two fish it was five loaves and two pig farms, and considering the crowd was Jewish the joke is suddenly rather offensive. Any thoughts about that?

That's actually fairly amusing. One syllable is all it takes to turn a bible story into an offensive joke.

(04-08-2015, 06:44 PM)SSgt Corvus Wrote:

That's actually fairly amusing. One syllable is all it takes to turn a bible story into an offensive joke.

[Image: BBC-news-568972.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20141129055134]
[Image: dpo8auk.gif]

(05-06-2016, 02:33 PM)NSFgirl Wrote: You're a terrible person, wongtastic.
Swedish Chef is fucking awesome. I love that they actually bothered using real swedish in his sketches too. On a side note, the guy who the character is made after was the catering chef on my cousins wedding. I got drunk and bothered him with swedish chef jokes all night.
(04-08-2015, 06:42 PM)soup Wrote:

Finns having vaguely antisemitic jokes for schoolchildren? Never would have guessed!  Tongue
hey, we are not antisemitic, we have never had enough jews to become antisemitic, and jews never really immigrated here because we had an ancient Swedish law that forbade it until 1920s (jews in Russian army were an exception)
- Finnish sayings

So, yeah, I found this...

[Image: G17KLNI.jpg]

I've never seen a Finnish restaurant in my life. Guess that goes to prove no one wants to eat their... Food.
Apez, tell us more of Finnish cuisine

(04-28-2015, 08:42 AM)SSgt Corvus Wrote: Apez, tell us more of Finnish cuisine

every Thrusday, in every military installation; every other week as lunch and every other week as dinner: pea soup, pancake with jam and dark bread (usually rye),
looks like this guy's a purist; no mustard or shredded onions.
[Image: 1232011521_Hernekeittoo%20ja%20pannukakkua.JPG]

Sautéed reindeer and mashed potatoes, why make it complicated when you can make it simple and tasty?
[Image: original.jpg]
- Finnish sayings

That reindeer and mashed potatoes seriously looks delicious as all fuck.

Dude I would destroy that reindeer and potatoes. Nom nom nom

FDF is going to send a letter to 900 000 reservists during following weeks, the letter contains information about recipients' placement in the FDF's organization during a crisis, out of the 900 000 some 230 000 have a placement in armed forces, the recipients of the letter are split into three categories (see the link below), basically if you have completed the mandatory service and are under 50 ("enlisted" ranks up to lance corporal/equal navy rank) or 60 (NCOs and officers up to Colonel/equal) and have not been later relieved from wartime service, haven't moved abroad or are not serving a prison sentence you get a letter.

Take a guess what Russian media thinks about this? "Pravda" says Finland is clearly preparing for war and draws connections of the letter Latvian government sent to their citizens in February, our defence minister has rebuked the claims that this letter is connected to the crisis in Ukraine, saying that the decision about the letter was made in 2013 as part of the restructuring of the FDF. "RK-Press", a Karelian news website, interprets the letter as a mobilization of 1 000 000 reservists in May, and that a war seems to be imminent. The article also voices a suspicion of United States putting pressure on Finnish government being behind this letter. A webiste called kolokolrussia claims Finland has now began information warfare against Russia.

Aside from these articles, in general the reporting on the letter in Russian media seems neutral.

the letter: http://www.puolustusvoimat.fi/staattinen/reservilaiskirje/index_en.html
- Finnish sayings